BeIIadonna

She's Katy, of course she can :kara:

Spoiler

But not another Witness would be good

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Katy is more obsessed with charts and literally had a meltdown when her music wasn't hitting #1 like she thought...

Gaga I feel still has #1 hit potential in her...she just hasnt been releasing the right music for radio and her label sucks at choosing singles...

:saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Zaskar

Cher got another no. 1 with Believe (a bop :music:) at the age of 52, from her 20th studio album, so yeah, anything is possible.

bloody g
1 hour ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

yeah but what about a solo hit though, or with her as the main artist?

let's see her next era, and after that it will all be settled

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Yuuri
15 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Not in recent future. Pop is in a coma right now

I feel like Gaga can start a trend again, but she'll have a rough time doing so. I feel like the media already has had enough of her, plus crazy-ga will just be bashed.

Antichrist
2 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

If she reinvents the rap genre and releases a fire trap hop single, it's possible :giggle:

honestly if she ever does that, i'm 100% done with her :triggered:

fück the charts, fück the #1's, all you have to do to get that is make a meme that caters to the teens, i'd rather have M-U-S-I-C than trash. 

BBhomemaker

Sean Paul last #1 was temperature in early 2000 then he did Cheap thrills with Sia more than 10 years later so 

StrawberryBlond

Older people who have fallen from major success have had #1's later in their career before. Cher being the most obvious. I thought Calvin Harris was done with #1's since his last in 2014 but he managed to swoop in with a UK #1 with Feels last year. Even that one-hit-wonder Mike Posner managed to come back for one last hit after years out of the limelight after his sole breakout hit and no one ever thought we'd see his name again. Sometimes, you don't even need to create a super generic, of the moment song to get a #1 either. In the last few years, some of the biggest world #1's have been some tracks that were completely different to what the public were listening to (Get Lucky, Royals, All About That Bass, Cheerleader, 7 Years, Despacito, Look What You Made Me Do, Havana, etc).

And remember that just because she can't get a #1 in America doesn't mean that international #1's don't count. Plenty of songs are huge but America just doesn't catch onto them the same. Check out how many views and likes songs from Latin artists have, for example, which have barely charted in the US. Gaga has managed to get #1's internationally since BTW. I think she's had at least 3 international #1's since then. Getting to the top isn't the be all and end all anyway. Plenty of acts haben't had #1's in a while but have no problem selling albums and having successful tours. The likes of Pink and Justin Timberlake are still trucking after near enough 20 years in the business. And no adult truly cares how many #1's an artist has, all that impresses them is good music. It's just the young who place high importance on chart data.

Quark
7 hours ago, Red said:

Anyone can get a #1 with a good song and right promo 

Except not all #1's are good songs.

MaryJaneHolland
5 hours ago, TeenIdle said:

Not in recent future. Pop is in a coma right now

Well, there has to be that one song/artist which will wake it up from that coma, right? 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Except not all #1's are good songs.

In your opinion

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

derpmonster
9 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

sorry sis just facts

:triggered:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Thrasher

Wow it’s strange to say that she hasn’t had a #1 for four years now, i mean with Gaga it has become almost “normal” to me but for Katy :gum:

Anyway, it’s difficult to predict a number one because we also have to evaluate how streaming and calculation of the charts will turn out in the future and how she will adapt to it, but with Feels we saw that she can easily jump on a collaboration and get high peaks again 

“Come over, when you’re sober”

Girl, you forget that Katy was featured in a song called "Feels" last year, and that the songs reached number 1 in UK, France, Belgium, Lebanon(etc) and was a top 5 hit in other countries like Australia, Scotland (etc) .

I do not think Dark Horse will be her last #1 because she can jump in any collaboration that makes her top the list again, at least in some territories. And still who knows, her next album might have a hit, or she can sing a soundtrack that rocket her to #1.

Archived