Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Janet Jackson || janet. [CEREMONY]

Phoebe Buffay

What album should I do next?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. You can ONLY pick ONE!

• Control (1986)
    • Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 (1989)
    • The Velvet Rope (1997)
    • All For You (2001)
    • Damita Jo (2004)

This poll is closed to new votes

Featured Posts

rumours
2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#11] What'll I Do - 7,61

Highs: @MarlonBrando7 @HausOfAmericano @Kandy life - 10

Lows: @Inferno - 1

DVOjEi1UQAAmZa7.jpg

Commentary

@That J - This song never got any love and what a shame. It's a banger in its own right. While more jam session with near rock sensibility, What'll I Do is a get up and move track. It's not the same dance as other songs here but it does show some versatility. Underrated!

@janetjackson - Her vocals are what sell this one. I wish it were sequenced better in the album. Would have given it a 7.5+ had it been placed after Funky or New Agenda.

@Mirages - when I first heard the album this song felt a little out of place, but I love what she did with it and love it even more than the original, pioneering those country influences

:triggered:

This is one of the best songs on the album

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo
1 minute ago, TheShameMonster said:

If can leave the stage next

bgMyK_s-200x150.gif

Not when Funky Big Band is still here :interestinga:

2 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

Again, Any Time, Any Place and This Time for top 3

fixedT

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Mirages
Just now, HausOfAmericano said:

Not when Funky Big Band is still here :interestinga:

4 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

But it's not :sharon:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Phoebe Buffay

[#10] Because of Love - 7,89

Highs: @HausOfAmericano - 10

Lows: @The Bling - 5

454full-janet-jackson.jpg

Commentary

@That J - One of the later radio singles, Because Of Love is a sweet innocent little slice of uptempo jam that is too pure to hate. It doesn't have the spice, grit, urgency or command like others on the album. But it gets it's job done nicely. It's not a fave but not bad either.  

@janetjackson -  I swear, this song was everywhere when it was released and with good reason. It's light and infectious. A track only Janet could pull off. Funny enough, it gets buried in the mix when it comes to Janet's legacy discography but it was still a huge hit.

@Mirages - cute bop

lost in limbo
Just now, Mirages said:

But it's not :sharon:

there's still weaker songs, If doesn't deserve to be lower than some of y'alls overrated faves. No tea, no shade :reductive: 

lost in limbo
Just now, EvilRegal said:

Highs: @HausOfAmericano - 10

Lows: @The Bling - 5

454full-janet-jackson.jpg

Commentary

@That J - One of the later radio singles, Because Of Love is a sweet innocent little slice of uptempo jam that is too pure to hate. It doesn't have the spice, grit, urgency or command like others on the album. But it gets it's job done nicely. It's not a fave but not bad either.  

@janetjackson -  I swear, this song was everywhere when it was released and with good reason. It's light and infectious. A track only Janet could pull off. Funny enough, it gets buried in the mix when it comes to Janet's legacy discography but it was still a huge hit.

@Mirages - cute bop

issa cute bop, but it's not worthy of being above some other songs

then again, all the songs I gave lower than a 10 are out so it's gonna get hard from here

Mirages
2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

Im ok with this...

Mirages
2 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

there's still weaker songs, If doesn't deserve to be lower than some of y'alls overrated faves. No tea, no shade :reductive: 

Well I agree honey.mp3 :reductive: I even gave it a positive review :lana:

Phoebe Buffay

#FUNFACT: The winner song was always No.2 until these last few days when it overtook the winner.

Phoebe Buffay

[#9] Where Are You Now - 7,9

Highs: @HausOfAmericano @Gardevoir @TheShameMonster - 10

Lows: @Inferno @The Bling - 5

Janet_Jackson_.jpg

Commentary

@That J - A nice slightly midtempo slower moment before we get into the more sensual aspects of the album, Where Are You Now is a beautiful straightforward track....nothing more nothing less. It's noteworthy to mention the vocals on this one. Janet handled her own with substance here

@janetjackson - The "should have been single" off the album. Had it not gotten significant airplay off the coattails of That's The Way Love Goes' success, this would have been an obvious final single choice. One of my favorite moments of the janet. album. 

@Mirages - classical RnB midtempo ballad, nothing less than what we would expect of Janet

@The Bling - No baby no, it was cute the previous track :emma: And this is too long too

Archived