Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Janet Jackson || janet. [CEREMONY]

Phoebe Buffay

What album should I do next?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. You can ONLY pick ONE!

• Control (1986)
    • Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 (1989)
    • The Velvet Rope (1997)
    • All For You (2001)
    • Damita Jo (2004)

This poll is closed to new votes

Featured Posts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo

Wish:

#4- That's The Way Love Goes

#3- If

#2- This Time

#1- Again

But it's probably gonna be:

#4- If

#3- This Time

#2- Again

#1- That's The Way Love Goes

y'all's taste is basic :madge: 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Phoebe Buffay

[#4] Again - 8,43

Highs: @HausOfAmericano - 11

Lows: @Inferno - 2

DL6CWUlUIAAARsL.jpg

Commentary

@That J - My 11 when my true 11 doesn't win! Haha   This is a song I'll eternally root for. Janet is underrated overall at times but she's especially underrated when it comes to some of her ballads. "Again" is one of the most pure and sweet ballads I've ever heard. It's lyrics are insanely relatable and her voice is in perfect tone.  But it's at the end, when a slight change of pace hits the song and she sweetly sings/pleads "hold me...dont ever let me go".... CHILLS. To this day, it gives me chills.  This is a masterpiece.

@janetjackson - Legendary. Perfection. Go to a Janet concert and watch every audience member tear up. It's that good.

@Mirages - love this ballad about reconnecting, Janet again makes the best she can with those smooth vocals

@The Bling - This is so cute :giveup:

@HausOfAmericano - :diane:

Phoebe Buffay
9 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

How is If still in the building but Again is out? :saladga:

If is a legendary song and one of the most iconic Janet hits. :hor: That choreo tho. :giveup:

Phoebe Buffay

ONLY 3 SONGS LEFT!

That's the Way Love Goes

This Time

If

What song snatches the #3 spot?

Phoebe Buffay

[#3] This Time - 8,62

Highs: @MarlonBrando7 @That J @Jeroen Bloeming - 11

Lows: @Inferno - 5

jj_USWeekly_23.jpg

Commentary

@That J - This song is one of my favorites. A slow build of a song featuring an opera singer and a mad sense of urgency, you believe every line Janet commands. This song takes it's time and is better for it. Complex and driven, this track elevates the project and is, in my opinion, the TRUE centerpiece of this album. Side note: Saw the "janet." tour live in person and this song SLAYED!!!

@janetjackson - This song is an absolute beast. How was it not a video!? Why was it not performed outside of the janet. tour!? I need answers!

@Mirages - so captivating

@The Bling - THE. OUTRO. giveup.png:giveup::giveup:

@HausOfAmericano - ART

lost in limbo
18 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#4] Again - 8,43

Highs: @HausOfAmericano - 11

Lows: @Inferno - 2

DL6CWUlUIAAARsL.jpg

Commentary

@That J - My 11 when my true 11 doesn't win! Haha   This is a song I'll eternally root for. Janet is underrated overall at times but she's especially underrated when it comes to some of her ballads. "Again" is one of the most pure and sweet ballads I've ever heard. It's lyrics are insanely relatable and her voice is in perfect tone.  But it's at the end, when a slight change of pace hits the song and she sweetly sings/pleads "hold me...dont ever let me go".... CHILLS. To this day, it gives me chills.  This is a masterpiece.

@janetjackson - Legendary. Perfection. Go to a Janet concert and watch every audience member tear up. It's that good.

@Mirages - love this ballad about reconnecting, Janet again makes the best she can with those smooth vocals

@The Bling - This is so cute :giveup:

@HausOfAmericano - :diane:

2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#3] This Time - 8,62

Highs: @MarlonBrando7 @That J @Jeroen Bloeming - 11

Lows: @Inferno - 5

jj_USWeekly_23.jpg

Commentary

@That J - This song is one of my favorites. A slow build of a song featuring an opera singer and a mad sense of urgency, you believe every line Janet commands. This song takes it's time and is better for it. Complex and driven, this track elevates the project and is, in my opinion, the TRUE centerpiece of this album. Side note: Saw the "janet." tour live in person and this song SLAYED!!!

@janetjackson - This song is an absolute beast. How was it not a video!? Why was it not performed outside of the janet. tour!? I need answers!

@Mirages - so captivating

@The Bling - THE. OUTRO. giveup.png:giveup::giveup:

@HausOfAmericano - ART

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** I'M RAGINGT THIS ****ING **** CAN'T BE HAPPENING THIS IS ****ING BAD BAD OH **** HOLY **** HELP WHAT THE ACTUAL THIS IS HORRIBLE THIS IS SIN THIS BE BAD I'M ACTUALLY ****ING SHOOK AT THIS GORILLA LEVEL THINKING WAIT YOU KNOW WHAT EVEN A GORILLA WOULD BE SMARTER AHHAHAHAHJDYSUISUSSUHATAYHYUHBJFBHDSHBFHEWJIOU2831I9UENJJEHRJFH WHAT THE ACTUAL SHITTY ****ITY **** I'M GONNA KILL SOMEONE YOU HOES BETTER HIDE YOUR HEADS @Inferno YOU'RE GONNA FEEL MY RAAAAAAAGE DO YOU JUST LACK TASTE OR DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE TO LEARN HOW TO UNDERRATE AMAZING AND OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR SONGS I SWEAR IF I SEE YOU GAVE THATS ****ING THE ****ING WAY THE ****ING LOVE ****ING GOES A ****ING HIGH ****ING RATE YOU'RE GONNA REGRET EVER PARTAKING IN THIS THING CALLED MEGARATES WHICH GGD OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T DESERVE BC IT ALWAYS MANAGES TO ****ING **** IT ****ING UP IM ACTUALLY CHOCKING Y'ALL CAN CHOKE TOO DUE TO NOT RECOGNIZING THAT IF AND THATS THE WAY LOVE GOES ARE INFERIOR SONGS TO THESE TWO ART PIECES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAI921FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Phoebe Buffay

[#2] If - 9,16

Highs: @janetjackson @Inferno @ssslyboy @EvilRegal - 11

Lows: @Rumours1977 - 5

MV5BNmNkMTc4M2EtNGZmNi00M2Q0LWI2YzktMTZm

Commentary

@That J - The second single with a video that was innovative and wildly popular at the time, IF was and is a monster of a song. Utilizing a deeper vocal to almost unrecognizable degrees before rising up for the pre chorus, Janet was finally showing off her talents. The song is addictive with its urgency and hard hitting backbone complete with fiery guitars that go off at just the right times. IF also contains one of the hottest breakdowns complete with choreo that takes it to the next level. 

@janetjackson - Literally slay in every way. The production, the lyrics, the video. Is there a more iconic dance break!?

@Mirages - awesome dance song, one of my favorites of her career overall

@The Bling - NOW THIS INSTRUMENTAL :firega::firega::firega::firega:

@HausOfAmericano - First time I heard this album, I was expecting something in the vein of TTWLG and YWT, so when good sis came through with that guitar, I FELT THAT. Her vocals here :diane: What an amazing song :diane:

Which leads us to.....

[#1] That's the Way Love Goes - 9,63

Highs: @Gardevoir @KING @TheShameMonster @Sexxx @Mirages - 11

Lows: @Jeroen Bloeming - 6,2

b835c2710d9bd20316b36b68b7cc19da.jpg

Commentary

@That J - This song was a surprising sound and first single for an artist like Ms Jackson at the time. A sensual, midtempo soft jam, this one turned some heads. Gone were the buttoned up Rhythm Nation combat gear and in its place was some skin and a grown up Janet ready to embrace her womanhood. While she would really "go deep" with that concept on her followup, this was enough of a change at the time. And it worked.

@janetjackson - Nobody does sexy and subdued better than Janet. This was her arrival. The video is the perfect contrast to the song itself.

@Mirages - Old school RnB, beautiful harmonies and a beuatiful smooth start to  a great album. I especially love its gentleness and Janet’s vocals, which are layered with a grat finese and subtility. Probably best song that ever came from Ms. Jackson.

@The Bling - This is so Erotica :firega::firega::firega: I live for this :giveup:

@HausOfAmericano - :music:

lost in limbo
1 minute ago, EvilRegal said:

[#2] If - 9,16

Highs: @janetjackson @Inferno @ssslyboy @EvilRegal - 11

Lows: @Rumours1977 - 5

MV5BNmNkMTc4M2EtNGZmNi00M2Q0LWI2YzktMTZm

Commentary

@That J - The second single with a video that was innovative and wildly popular at the time, IF was and is a monster of a song. Utilizing a deeper vocal to almost unrecognizable degrees before rising up for the pre chorus, Janet was finally showing off her talents. The song is addictive with its urgency and hard hitting backbone complete with fiery guitars that go off at just the right times. IF also contains one of the hottest breakdowns complete with choreo that takes it to the next level. 

@janetjackson - Literally slay in every way. The production, the lyrics, the video. Is there a more iconic dance break!?

@Mirages - awesome dance song, one of my favorites of her career overall

@The Bling - NOW THIS INSTRUMENTAL :firega::firega::firega::firega:

@HausOfAmericano - First time I heard this album, I was expecting something in the vein of TTWLG and YWT, so when good sis came through with that guitar, I FELT THAT. Her vocals here :diane: What an amazing song :diane:

Which leads us to.....

[#1] That's the Way Love Goes - 9,63

Highs: @Gardevoir @KING @TheShameMonster @Sexxx @Mirages - 11

Lows: @Jeroen Bloeming - 6,2

b835c2710d9bd20316b36b68b7cc19da.jpg

Commentary

@That J - This song was a surprising sound and first single for an artist like Ms Jackson at the time. A sensual, midtempo soft jam, this one turned some heads. Gone were the buttoned up Rhythm Nation combat gear and in its place was some skin and a grown up Janet ready to embrace her womanhood. While she would really "go deep" with that concept on her followup, this was enough of a change at the time. And it worked.

@janetjackson - Nobody does sexy and subdued better than Janet. This was her arrival. The video is the perfect contrast to the song itself.

@Mirages - Old school RnB, beautiful harmonies and a beuatiful smooth start to  a great album. I especially love its gentleness and Janet’s vocals, which are layered with a grat finese and subtility. Probably best song that ever came from Ms. Jackson.

@The Bling - This is so Erotica :firega::firega::firega: I live for this :giveup:

@HausOfAmericano - :music:

breathe in...breathe out

****THIS **** OFF THE ****ING 14/13/**** IT SONGS YOU COULD ****ING CHOOSE FROM ****ING FROM FFRIRROW3OEEIOEOEEOEEOEI4 YOU HAD TO CHHOOOOSSEEEEEEO THAT'S THE WAY LOVE IS OVERRATED BC JUST LIKE ****ING LOVE THIS SONG IS OVERRATED IM DELETING MY ACCONT I DDONT CARE IM DONE WITH THIS I COULDKDSMJI

Phoebe Buffay

Again, thank you everyone for participating and making this megarate a wonderful experience for me. :heart:

@Arcanum @ssslyboy @KING @The Bling @Kandy life @Inferno @TheShameMonster @That J @HausOfAmericano @Jeroen Bloeming @Rumours1977 @MarlonBrando7 @Gardevoir @Sexxx @janetjackson @Mirages @gabrielflorin01

I couldn't have done this without you. :kara:

lost in limbo

Just now, HausOfAmericano said:

breathe in...breathe out

****THIS **** OFF THE ****ING 14/13/**** IT SONGS YOU COULD ****ING CHOOSE FROM ****ING FROM FFRIRROW3OEEIOEOEEOEEOEI4 YOU HAD TO CHHOOOOSSEEEEEEO THAT'S THE WAY LOVE IS OVERRATED BC JUST LIKE ****ING LOVE THIS SONG IS OVERRATED IM DELETING MY ACCONT I DDONT CARE IM DONE WITH THIS I COULDKDSMJI

FOR SOME REASON THIS ****ING IDIOTIC PIECE OF KEYBOARD I HAVE DECIDED TO CUT ME OFF IM NOT FINISHED BITCH I HAVE WORDS TO SAY THIS SONG DOES NOT DESERVE THIS THIS IS BE A FRAUD IM HORRIFIED AND HOENESTLY NO LG6 FOR ANYBODY YOU HEIEOW9OWWOES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOI903I3 HOW DARE YOU NUMBER ONE OF SUCH MAGICAL, LOVELY GREAT SONGS YOU CHOOSE THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO MADONNANATION ATLEAST THERE IM NOT FACED WITH TRASH LIKETHIS IM GONAJAAAAJUAJHAAAAHHA

rumours
1 minute ago, EvilRegal said:

Again, thank you everyone for participating and making this megarate a wonderful experience for me. :heart:

@Arcanum @ssslyboy @KING @The Bling @Kandy life @Inferno @TheShameMonster @That J @HausOfAmericano @Jeroen Bloeming @Rumours1977 @MarlonBrando7 @Gardevoir @Sexxx @janetjackson @Mirages @gabrielflorin01

I couldn't have done this without you. :kara:

You did a great job! Look forward to the next one :hug:

lost in limbo

anyways, thanks for hosting @EvilRegal:kara:

The megarate was amazing (unlike the rates) and I thank you once again for making me re-live this amazing album WHOSE BEST SONG IS AGAIN :kara:

Archived