question

Why was Sinner's Prayer excluded from JWT?

Iluvartpop

Featured Posts

Iluvartpop

^

I think it's a great song and less strenuous for her to perform compared to many of her dance numbers. The only live performance ever was on the Dive Bar Tour. :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

My theory is Father John Misty wrote most of it and when he betrayed her by sharing his demo of Come to Mama which implied it was his song, it tarnished Sinner's Prayer for her. 

Or it's too personal for her.

But I love the song, it's one of my faves on Joanne. :giveup: The fact she performed it at the dive bar means it was one of her faves too. I can't help thinking something must have happened for her to exclude it completely. 

homomo

I’ll never understand. It’s actually a good song. 

However, I’ll never get over how Hey Girl was and never will be performed.

Lextyr97
11 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

My theory is Father John Misty wrote most of it and when he betrayed her by sharing his demo of Come to Mama which implied it was his song, it tarnished Sinner's Prayer for her. 

I'll never forgive for this. I don't know why he would bother giving her the song if he was gonna do that

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, Interstellar said:

I’ll never understand. It’s actually a good song. 

However, I’ll never get over how Hey Girl was and never will be performed.

I was hoping she would invite Florence to perform it with her at at least one UK date. 

Miel
13 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

But I love the song, it's one of my faves on Joanne. :giveup: The fact she performed it at the dive bar means it was one of her faves too. I can't help thinking something must have happened for her to exclude it completely. 

Hmm, I don't think so. At least based on writing credits (which, I assume with Gaga, is fairly honest), he wrote the majority of Come to Mama while Gaga wrote the majority of Sinner's Prayer. Kind of like a nice exchange of creative processes.

That said, I agree that it might be too personal for her. Also, it might be difficult to fit in anywhere in the show.

3 points in and ready for more

ryanripley
11 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Because it's her worst song period.

:sure:

OT: snubbed :grr:it deserved better

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Miel
3 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I'll never forgive for this. I don't know why he would bother giving her the song if he was gonna do that

I thought the demo he put out, with his vocals, was already what they wrote together.

Kind of like the whole controversy of that "Mary Jane Holland" demo instrumental, with the other artist, already containing the guitar synth arrangement from Ricky Tillo (Gaga's guitarist).

3 points in and ready for more

justanothergay
15 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

I’m pressedt 

that boy that boy that boy that boy that boy That Boy THAT BOY is a MONSTER

MEDONER
16 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Wrong, Sinner's Prayer is not on the tracklist :trollga:

Lady-Gaga.jpg

DutchHooker
32 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

YES WHY ? It's the best song on the album :S

Milriun Rizzons

giphy.gif

vw9r7wl.png

Spoiler

:trollga:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

MaryJaneHolland
38 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

Yeah no

Archived