Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

No Gaga No Ratings? Oscars viewership 16% downgrade

Creyk

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie

The season was predictable and many were not enthused with the predicted winners. While there were some surprises, like Shape of Water for BP and Get Out winning Original Screenplay, most were not happy with the acting categories and thought of Three Billboards picking up BP. These things matter. 

Furthermore, this telecast was so unnecessarily long. I think montages as homage to past films are great, but why so many and why so long? 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

No Gaga

No Worthy Award Shows 

They should already cancel the VMAs 'cause no one cares anymore, and Gaga doesn't have any plans for returning  :queenga:

Sepsami

I only watch the skits when ellen hosts :awkney: and the couple of minutes Gaga performs :awkney: 

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Laceface said:

Still can't believe a horror movie won an Oscar :air:

What does this even mean? It is still movie, hence eligible to be mominated and win. You are talking like newbie movie snob right now. Many horror movies are having quality plot, and have won Oscars before. I.E: Rosemary’s Baby, Misery, Black Swan, Silence Of The Lambs, The Exorcist

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TropicOfCANCER
Just now, RAMROD said:

What does this even mean? It is still movie, hence eligible to be mominated and win. You are talking like newbie movie snob right now. Many horror movies are having quality plot, and have won Oscars before. I.E: Rosemary’s Baby, Misery, Black Swan, Silence Of The Lambs, The Exorcist

signed in to post exactly this. Many horror movies have won.

PunkTheFunk
49 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

I haven't watched the Oscars in years. It's just such a snoozefest. I think the last time I actually watched the Oscars was in 1998, the year of Titanic :ladyhaha:

The 1998 Oscars had the highest ratings ever if I'm not mistaken :poot:

The Surrealist
22 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I think he thinks that horror movies = bad movies. LOL.

androiduser

there was a lack of huge movie stars, the movies nominated were great but no huge hits like Avatar or Titanic.... it all reflects in the ratings

River

Yesterday there were the Italian elections and it seems like every 2nd USian is Italian these days...

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Laceface
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

What an unnecessarily rude and brazen post - you're completely barking up the wrong tree here. I am a huge horror movie fan and have ALWAYS sung their praises on here, I'm pleasantly surprised that a modern day film with horror as a primary genre has been recognised, as they've pretty much been paid dust in the last 10/20 years but go off. 

Laceface
3 hours ago, The Surrealist said:

I think he thinks that horror movies = bad movies. LOL.

Nope, wrong assumption.. horror movies are my all time favourites & rarely am I ever disappointed. It's great that a fellow Londoner had such a successful break through this way. 

androiduser

Funnily enough, the 2016 show (featuring Gaga) had one of the lowest ratings in the history of Oscars, with 34.3 million viewers , and the previous year (with Gaga's Sound of Music medley) also had a massive drop in ratings compared to the previous year (37.2 million vs 43.7 million) :trollga: so not really sure about the title :trollga:

Creyk
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

Funnily enough, the 2016 show (featuring Gaga) had one of the lowest ratings in the history of Oscars, with 34.3 million viewers , and the previous year (with Gaga's Sound of Music medley) also had a massive drop in ratings compared to the previous year (37.2 million vs 43.7 million) :trollga: so not really sure about the title :trollga:

Just let us have this

giphy.gif&f=1

Archived