💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why is Gaga moving away from the center of pop’s universe and why is it ok

Jakub

Featured Posts

JohnnyVersace
18 minutes ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

you can keep making this deep meaning to the song with your own interpretation but still it is what it is, the song is about masturbation. And stop making Joanne deeper than the actual music itself, I mean I love the album but it's not really an album full about her family or everything she claimed it to be. That's fine, what i dont like about it is that I know Gaga IS capable of making a cohesive body of work but she always decide to put a little pop twist even when it's not needed just like on Joanne

Yeah it's about masturbation...but it's about why she's doing it. The emotions that drove her to touch herself to "pass the time." She's obviously longing for connection, but she's lonely and her only solution is to jack off. 

It's not like she's explicitly talking about fingering herself and like rubbing her clit :lolga:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad she takes this approach now with creating music, pop music is so boring these days, it's all the same damn recycled beats and sounds. Nothing is fresh. I'd rather have Gaga create something completely new whether that be a different genre than continue back into pop music by jumping onto trends. She's been moving away from the center of pop's universe since 2014. It's not just came with Joanne. Cheek to Cheek sparked the transition to a more mature serious artist, not saying that she wasn't serious pre C2C but it was the first time people didn't just see a pop artist. 

I would be majorly disappointed if LG6 was a step backwards into mainstream sounds. I want fresh new sounds that pushes her into other genres. Gaga creates trends, she doesn't follow them. She seems to be at that point in her life where, yeah it would be nice to chart really well like TFM days but it's not her main objective anymore, that would just be a bonus to her now. She's already had all of that anyway. The industry to her is totally toxic, she wants a more freeing experience when she creates an album and I can't blame her, the industry has led to her depression and body pain. I'll be happy with any new music we get, pop music ultimately doesn't matter to me all that much. 

DutchHooker
2 hours ago, The Surrealist said:

In this thread: people calling other people pathetic by saying they don't know her, but them not knowing her also. :cryga:

People here are really triggered if someone gives his opinion about his own taste and is just honest... instead of many Gaga pleasers on twitter and gagadaily who are so politically correct and love everything she does, even if she would mary Tony Bennett, just for a notification or a like and just like it because it's from her and not actually like the action. :saladga:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

The Surrealist
3 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

People here are really triggered if someone gives his opinion about his own taste and is just honest... instead of many Gaga pleasers on twitter and gagadaily who are so politically correct and love everything she does, even if she would mary Tony Bennett, just for a notification or a like and just like it because it's from her and not actually like the action. :saladga:

I'm not surprised some people would sell their parents for a like.

DutchHooker
1 minute ago, The Surrealist said:

I'm not surprised some people would sell their parents for a like.

They would even kill somebody..

There are some people on twitter who are literally begging for attention with "Am I ugly" or sending pictures of their tattoos or saying "I love everything she does, she can decide to do whatever she likes, I will stay with her through the end.."...

Some people (not everyone) are so fake nowadays..

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

giskardsb
40 minutes ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

you can keep making this deep meaning to the song with your own interpretation but still it is what it is, the song is about masturbation. 

1 hour ago, The Surrealist said:

It's still about masturbation.

It's not that deep, just read the verses and the bridge.  

giskardsb
41 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Joanne was her most cohesive album to date. From a critical and master perspective. I went to school for music and design. Joanne is actually her most cohesive body of work to date. Every song meshes well with the other and the overall message makes it a personal album.

I agree with this.  Certainly much more cohesive thematically than the theme she tried to tack onto TFM, which always seemed contrived to me.

1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

large_008.jpg.50ebfe9ddcc3bbfe9625ad16a8a785bf.jpg

:sure: 

I see a weird ugly black suit covered with stuff on her arms :emma:

DutchHooker
8 minutes ago, heels said:

I see a weird ugly black suit covered with stuff on her arms :emma:

Yasss girl, this is what I call fashion:

hqdefault.jpg

:queenga:

ordinarynam1310
1 hour ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Joanne was her most cohesive album to date. From a critical and master perspective. I went to school for music and design. Joanne is actually her most cohesive body of work to date. Every song meshes well with the other and the overall message makes it a personal album.

I do agree with Joanne being her most cohesive work yet, but there are few songs (which mostly the bops of the album) feel like they dont go that well with the album

lolitamuse

She's changed her ideology a lot. During The Fame, all she used to talk about was her obsession with fame and her need to be famous. In this interview she says "I don't need to be famous." Something in her switched, don't know whether it's a good or bad thing. 

sethrb101

My mother monster could release an album of burps and I would still buy it.

#Gaga2020

Bella Goth

i want her to focus on ARTPOP, i mean ARTPOP is not an album its a movement and a project that cant be done in 1-2 years. i want people to know what ARTPOP is, its an art movement the badass one

J e s s e
On 2018-03-05 at 5:17 AM, adammonroe said:

It's crazy how a few years she was a storm hitting the scene, serving incredible visuals and performances with such cool, deep theatric meanings to each one of them. And now here we are, it seems like Gaga is purposefuly driving herself away from this industry, and even tho she had an amazing 2017, and even tho she gave us so much, it felt different. I mean, it's okay if she wants to take 10 steps out of the pop music's circle, fame must be so toxic and tiring, but it's so sad to think about how different things were some years ago and now they have drastically change, but hey, she's a human and she's programmed to evolve.

Anyway, I'll support Gaga whatever she does, wether she releases a full-on folk record or a mainstream pop album I'll be there to cheer her up. I'm thankful for everything she has done for maby of us. :wub:

She needs to recover and heal ffs :triggered:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

HairBow

Post-ARTPOP, Lady Gaga finally gave us a jazz album and then a more "stripped down" album (some things that I had been asking for since 2009). Music-wise, Gaga is making my ears very, very happy.  She undoubtedly has one of the best voices in the business right now, and I'm 100% here for her making music that allows her to showcase her vocal range and talents. :)

THAT SAID, a part of me does absolutely miss the Lady Gaga that was introduced to the world in 2008. Before the BTW era, Lady Gaga had so much mystery around her, and she was all the more fascinating and downright COOL because of it. Now, I understand why she did Born This Way ... She really made that album out of pure love (so no hate on that at all of course), but that era pretty much "unmasked" her in a way.  I think that once she got more personal, the general audience started to lose interest. During The Fame and Fame Monster eras, I really do feel like a good chunk of her audience was still adult (she did get her start in night clubs, after all), and her music reflected that as well (since I think The Fame comes across as a fun and borderline sardonic pop music masterpiece-- I still think it's her smartest album).  When Born This Way came out, I think that started to usher in a much younger fanbase (especially with songs like "Hair"), thus losing a good chunk of the general public. I think that Gaga tried to gain some of that adult general audience back with ARTPOP ... But I think a lot of people were just "over it" by then, sadly. While I view ARTPOP as an overall mixed bag, there are some FANTASTIC pop songs on that record that will forever be criminally underrated in my eyes.

Now, I understand that people change, priorities change, etc ... But even I have to admit that The Fame and Fame Monster eras were absolute lightning in a bottle. At this rate, I definitely don't think it can be replicated. And that's okay.  As long as Lady Gaga keeps making music that I enjoy listening to, I'm a happy fan.  But I will forever and always stan "FameGa"

Archived