40 minutes ago, not asher613 said:

almost everything from joanne era is cringy 

no it's not

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagasgirl

Wasn't she really sick when she performed on Oprah? I think she was suffering from exhaustion. You can see she seems out of it. Poor G. Also, I had no idea Skype Ball was a thing. In my opinion, she wasn't acting like herself at all during that time. I think she had some interesting influences around her...and she was struggling. Other than those two, everything else in this thread I personally don't have a problem with. The puking was so unexpected (in my mind) but I think it's cool because no one else had done it. She takes so many risks.  

2/21/11 & 2/22/11 MSG

DutchHooker
34 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

no it's not

Jaonne is a demon inside DarkGa who made sure that she couldn't deliver bops anymore. :sure:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

HairBow

Honestly, I don't think anything will top the "DWUW era" when it comes to cringe.  The SNL performance with R. Kelly, the AMA performance, and especially the bits of leaked footage we have seen of the music video.  DWUW could have been one of the biggest and most successful songs of her career (because it IS a fantastic pop song in its own right), but all of the choices made for it were just ... Yikes!

I know that a lot of people have mentioned the SXSW "Swine" performance, but that honestly did not make me cringe in the slightest. Lots of metal/death metal bands do this kind of "shock performances" on stage ALL of the time, so I was neither shocked or disgusted. Plus, the "F YOU POP MUSIC!" bit is iconic, kthx.

ryanripley
26 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

Jaonne is a demon inside DarkGa who made sure that she couldn't deliver bops anymore. :sure:

so explain why Joanne is full of bops

DutchHooker
Just now, ryanripley said:

so explain why Joanne is full of bops

:sharon::ladyhaha: 

Bops or Wild West Country Songs?

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

ryanripley
1 minute ago, DutchHooker said:

:sharon::ladyhaha: 

Bops or Wild West Country Songs?

well there's no country music on Joanne

DutchHooker
Just now, ryanripley said:

well there's no country music on Joanne

Sinners Prayer sounds as the most country song ever :trollga:

ryanripley
1 minute ago, DutchHooker said:

Sinners Prayer sounds as the most country song ever :trollga:

lol maybe on venus where no country music exists

DutchHooker
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

lol maybe on venus where no country music exists

Let's blast off to a new dimension (in your bedroom), JO-ANNE :bye:

HairBow

I can see why Volantis was so cringey for people ... But it wasn't for me?  It was in its beta phase, after all. No harm in testing out new technology, IMO.

Imagine if this had gone past the beta phase and worked well enough to the point where she could have used this in a tour.  IMAGINE.

Lnds500

A lot of cringe post ARTPOP for me

- the Golden Globes. "I always wanted to be an actress but music just happened first". Bitch you were only given the award to create buzz, you are not good

- Joanne era.

- the whole idiocy about what perfect illusion means. It's about Taylor, no need to make up crazy social media stories about it. 

- she suddenly found Jesus and started feeling her dead aunt connection. Where did that come from? Even her grandmother was like "yeah, sweetie, it's time to snap out and stop making this a bigger deal that it is"

- the pretentiousness surrounding how she first came up on the scene with saying stuff like "I am a freak and it's ok to be different" but then she changes her face with plastic surgery and she's suddenly all like "i feel great with myself and my body". whatever. 

giphy.gif

EGOT2027
On 3/3/2018 at 2:57 AM, heels said:

DWUW AMAs

Some of her interviews ("I'm like... European... So this is an honour as an American")

Honestly the Applause VMAs performance was cringey at parts

"Album of the millenium/galaxy" referring to ARTPOP

DWUW at the AMAs is one of her best performances !!

HairBow
2 minutes ago, Lnds500 said:

A lot of cringe post ARTPOP for me

- the Golden Globes. "I always wanted to be an actress but music just happened first". Bitch you were only given the award to create buzz, you are not good

- Joanne era.

- the whole idiocy about what perfect illusion means. It's about Taylor, no need to make crazy social media stories about it. 

- she suddenly found Jesus and started feeling her dead aunt connection. Where did that come from? Even her grandmother was like "yeah, sweetie, it's time to snap out and stop making this a bigger deal that it is"

- the pretentiousness surrounding how she first came up on the scene with saying stuff like "I am a freak and it's ok to be different" but then she changes her face with plastic surgery and she's suddenly all like "i feel great with myself and my body". whatever. 

giphy.gif

-Completely agreed that she didn't deserve the Golden Globe.  I think that AHS is a terrible show, and Kirsten Dunst deserved the GG that year for her great performance in Fargo (which is a GREAT show).

-I admit to cringing quite a bit during that scene in Five Foot Two when she played the song for her grandmother. I think that Joanne is a great song of hers (don't get me wrong), but I couldn't help but think that some things were being played up for the cameras quite a bit there. Gaga's grandmother was having none of it (but dealt with it in a classy and nice way). It was really awkward to watch ...

-Speaking of Five Foot Two ... The "topless meeting" she had with some of her creative team made me cringe quite a bit, too. Now, don't get me wrong:  Joanne is one of my favorite Gaga albums ... But all of the "real me" stuff is just as (if not more) manufactured and calculated than the crazy costume/eccentric personality stuff ever was. At least that's how it comes across to me.

-Gaga has absolutely changed since she first started. If you watch interviews she did during The Fame era and throughout the BTW era today, the difference is so staggering.  She sounded so much more confident and sure of herself back then, if you ask me. Then again, that was long before her hip injury, too.  Her injury and the ARTPOP era altogether really affected her in a way that we're still witnessing, if you ask me. :(  

Archived