Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna and M.I.A. never spoke again after SB controversy

yxi

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
8 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

You're so melodramatic, omg. Stop using expensive words just to make you feel smarter.

You didn't say it directly, but the tone of your text was "please believe me, i'm a victim". 

Mainly bc racism isn't cancelled by ONE action, it's a group of actions that can be forgiven by not doing things like dismissing black women's problems. 

I'm not being melodramatic. And because I love literature and language, this is just the way I talk, I don't do it consciously. Showing intelligence is wrong now, is it?

Well, you misread the tone. I did not intend to be that pathetic, for one.

I didn't ask for one action. I just want some level of specifics. Pardon me for pointing out the reality of a set of problems. Pardon me for being offended for being told that "as a white person, you will never endure..." despite actually enduring this thing. You want to talk about problems that are specific to black women? Let's talk about them being artificially lightened on magazine covers, having skin lightening creams marketed to them, being encouraged by everyone around them to relax their hair, being seen as undesirable by men of their own race, being stereotyped as angry, etc. The actual problems just affecting just them. But don't try to extend it to "they're the only women who ever get criticised." That's unfair to the other billions of women out there who have ever been discriminated against.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo
28 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm not being melodramatic. And because I love literature and language, this is just the way I talk, I don't do it consciously. Showing intelligence is wrong now, is it?

Well, you misread the tone. I did not intend to be that pathetic, for one.

I didn't ask for one action. I just want some level of specifics. Pardon me for pointing out the reality of a set of problems. Pardon me for being offended for being told that "as a white person, you will never endure..." despite actually enduring this thing. You want to talk about problems that are specific to black women? Let's talk about them being artificially lightened on magazine covers, having skin lightening creams marketed to them, being encouraged by everyone around them to relax their hair, being seen as undesirable by men of their own race, being stereotyped as angry, etc. The actual problems just affecting just them. But don't try to extend it to "they're the only women who ever get criticised." That's unfair to the other billions of women out there who have ever been discriminated against.

sure jan

really? didn't you? it kinda sounds like you did

that's not the problem tho. the problem is, if it was a white performer showing their middle finger, NFL would've given it less atention. There were underage dancers showing their legs, why wasn't the traditional American family offended by that? 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

StrawberryBlond
7 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

sure jan

that's not the problem tho. the problem is, if it was a white performer showing their middle finger, NFL would've given it less atention. There were underage dancers showing their legs, why wasn't the traditional American family offended by that? 

Yes, sure. I couldn't be more honest.

Nope. You just chose to look at the situation unfairly.

Hold on, I just listed real problems and you didn't even acknowledge them. Why? Are you getting more embarrassed that I'm not as ignorant as you thought? And are you kidding me? White people do not get away with such problems more often. I've detailed in my previous posts how white people have not got away with similar incidents in the past. You have absolutely no basis for what you're saying, you're just determined to paint the situation as worse than it actually is. I'll tell you why the average American family wasn't offended by underage dancers showing their legs...because they didn't know they were underage. I don't look at every dancer and assume their age, I don't notice that stuff. It's only now that people in this thread are making this claims that I never knew of before. Seriously, how do people notice this stuff? And research it? People tend to notice the stuff put in front of them that they can clearly judge.

Ferrer Zorola
19 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

sure jan

Not true at all. The shows ALWAYS have to have some sort of nipplegate recreation 

(middle finger, left shark, Beyonce’s black protest, Gaga jump, JT’s Prince tribute or his performance in generall) 

...So they can cause headlines. JT isn’t black and he was dragged left and right. 

Is it a coincidence? I think not.

LIFE IS GOOD

lost in limbo
1 minute ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

...So they can cause headlines. JT isn’t black and he was dragged left and right. 

bc his performance was goddamn awful, not bc he showed a middle finger or did smth controversial

Ferrer Zorola
1 minute ago, HausOfAmericano said:

bc his performance was goddamn awful, not bc he showed a middle finger or did smth controversial

Prince tribute says hi

LIFE IS GOOD

lost in limbo
Just now, Ferrer Zorola said:

Prince tribute says hi

that's not against NFL rules

or traditional American family's sensibility for that matter

KleinGa
9 hours ago, ryanripley said:

that was really rude of her manager imo, they could have just said "we didn't like that you did that"

no need to insult her

Imo she deserved it 

She knows that it's the Superbowl 

She clearly did it on purpose to get her name in the press

lost in limbo
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

Yes, sure. I couldn't be more honest.

Nope. You just chose to look at the situation unfairly.

Hold on, I just listed real problems and you didn't even acknowledge them. Why? Are you getting more embarrassed that I'm not as ignorant as you thought? And are you kidding me? White people do not get away with such problems more often. I've detailed in my previous posts how white people have not got away with similar incidents in the past. You have absolutely no basis for what you're saying, you're just determined to paint the situation as worse than it actually is. I'll tell you why the average American family wasn't offended by underage dancers showing their legs...because they didn't know they were underage. I don't look at every dancer and assume their age, I don't notice that stuff. It's only now that people in this thread are making this claims that I never knew of before. Seriously, how do people notice this stuff? And research it? People tend to notice the stuff put in front of them that they can clearly judge.

Why are you getting mad? Seems like you're the one stressed out. No, I'm not embarassed. The idea that I might be embarassed by your whiny arguments is comical, and honestly, quite entertaining. 

White people do get away with it. If a white performer did what M.I.A  did, there would've been less drama. The examples you used were opinions, not examples. I find it funny that you, the melodramatic herself, is accusing people of painting the situation worse than it is. 

Yes, they didn't know. But the thing is, they were still there. On the same stage where there had been underage girls being sexualized (which I think was a bad move from Madonna), M.I.A was judged for showing...a finger. It even sounds stupid. 

On these days, people are able to go online, discover stuff like some celebrity's offensive tweet from 2008, and that celeb's career is over. The information was there, it's just that nobody cared about it.

Ferrer Zorola
2 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

that's not against NFL rules

or traditional American family's sensibility for that matter

a bad dancer dressed in a shark outfit and Gaga’s entrance weren’t either and you still didn’t prove my point wrong: the NFL always needs something that causes headlines 

MIA just happened to be black and Nicki wouldn’t do it because she isn’t that risky. Madonna is risky but she probably wanted to play it safe this time. 

Admit it, MIA loves being controversial and this was another opportunity, why blame other people? 

LIFE IS GOOD

lost in limbo
Just now, Ferrer Zorola said:

a bad dancer dressed in a shark outfit and Gaga’s entrance weren’t either and you still didn’t prove my point wrong: the NFL always needs something that causes headlines 

MIA just happened to be black and Nicki wouldn’t do it because she isn’t that risky. Madonna is risky but she probably wanted to play it safe this time. 

Admit it, MIA loves being controversial and this was another opportunity, why blame other people? 

why blame the person who received all the hate?

it's a goddamn finger and americans are sensitive hypocrites. 

Ferrer Zorola
3 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

why blame the person who received all the hate?

it's a goddamn finger and americans are sensitive hypocrites. 

and this is news to you? why do you make specifically her a victim when 

a) she did it herself and 

b) she’s not the first and definitely not the last to get backlash 

she should have known the performance was Disney level 

LIFE IS GOOD

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

Why are you getting mad? Seems like you're the one stressed out. No, I'm not embarassed. The idea that I might be embarassed by your whiny arguments is comical, and honestly, quite entertaining. 

White people do get away with it. If a white performer did what M.I.A  did, there would've been less drama. The examples you used were opinions, not examples. I find it funny that you, the melodramatic herself, is accusing people of painting the situation worse than it is. 

Yes, they didn't know. But the thing is, they were still there. On the same stage where there had been underage girls being sexualized (which I think was a bad move from Madonna), M.I.A was judged for showing...a finger. It even sounds stupid. 

On these days, people are able to go online, discover stuff like some celebrity's offensive tweet from 2008, and that celeb's career is over. The information was there, it's just that nobody cared about it.

I'm not mad. Once again, you can't seem to read tone.

For the last time, these institutions have rules that have to be followed by all. White people are not exempt from any of it. Justin had to apologise for Nipplegate the same as Janet did. He actually apologised twice in his 2 Grammy acceptance speeches. He didn't get treated as bad because he was a man, not because he was white. And what do you mean the examples I used were opinions? I've seen them happen on live tv multiple times.

Those cheerleaders were hardly dressed in inappropriate outfits. Underage girls competing in gymnastics just wear a leotard, for crying out loud. I just rewatched the performance again and you don't focus on them because you're distracted by the actual celebrities. They even looked like grown women to me. If they were underage, they must have been 16/17 at most, hardly children. Their dancing wasn't even sexual. A middle finger is on a different level to that tame stuff. I don't know how you could think any different.

No, the age of the dancers was not there. At all. I don't know how you can claim that white women can get away with being controversial when Madonna herself was banned in many countries at the height of her career for being too sexual, even in Canada she was told to remove a part of her show. During her Erotica era, she was called all sorts by the press and her career was blasted as being over. They also didn't like it when she used sexualised religion in Like A Prayer, graphic scenes in the original cut of the American Life video, when she bared her breast on stage in Turkey. I don't know what planet you're living on when you say that white women get away with this stuff. Madonna's only survived it all because she's a total one-off. Most women's careers couldn't survive even just one of these events.

GoldenPonyboy
10 hours ago, MannyMonroe18 said:

mia-middle-finger-2012-02-05-300x300.jpg

She flipped the camera off and people were offended

yet conservatives will call liberals snowflakes... its a freaking middle fingers, everybody did it at least once. I don't get why people are offended by it. To me it is so innocent.

Archived