Black Panther was OK

GeeYewWhai

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JevyDuty

The movie was fire :firega:

And numbers don't lie. Nothing about Marvel is getting old. Specially not it's humor. The one liners had everyone laughing out loud at both viewings I went to:stalkga:

Edit: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/02/26/all-the-box-office-milestones-black-panther-set-in-its-112m-second-weekend/amp/

DeleteMyAccount

"With that comes the crazy twitter fans who call critics out for being racist if they give the movie a bad review."

I'm going to call you out here. I stopped giving you credit for your review after this. There really isn't enough substance for this claim to be worth mentioning. The fact that you had to mention it says a lot about your agenda towards this movie. Why not also focus on the groups trying to get the user reviews down? Might as well if that's your case.

OT: The movie was great, but not the best. I still have a ton of merch from the movie though. There was something off about the storyline that confused me a bit. For example, why did they have to travel to Korea? I would've loved to see that scenario take place within Wakanda. We don't even really get to see what life is like in the city or how the country works. The third act was also a bit weird for me. It just climaxed so quickly for a movie that was almost 2.5 hours. The CGI in the falls scene was also terrible... The people on the rocks were so bad.

However, the movie overall was a great experience. It's something that we don't ever see. And there's a lot of subtle hints of history that some people have tried connecting to the past: the underground railroad in the final right scene. All of that was interesting to compare.

Lextyr97
2 hours ago, ryanripley said:

haven't seen it so i can't say :D 

Ahh lol

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I don't like any superhero movie period, they're all not my tea

Fair enough. I don't usually enjoy them either lol For example, I thought The Avengers was super boring and uninteresting

Versace
1 hour ago, Jed said:

I literally knew you’d bring it up that you werent black and then once you said that the rest of your opinions came out. You still don’t seem to get why this movie is so important to people. And listing other movies like Django where the lead character is literally a former slave doesn’t help your cause at all. 

Young black kids get to feel like a king and a superhero by seeing this. Not a former bounty hunter slave, not a homeless guy who ends up having superpowers but the king of an entire nation. There aren’t any movies like that with such a budget and such exposure. There just aren’t. This movie is different for black people and you need to trust that they’re making a big deal out of it for that reason. 

You comparing it to any other “big”black movie or big superhero movie shows how little you understand about the importance of representation. The fact that it’s all of those things at once which makes it so important. 

Thank you so much for typing this. Saved me the time to write something similar. 

Pacify Him

We’re living in the SJW age. Of course it’s going to be innovative for them.. but I honestly got bored of Marvel movies now

I’m getting on your nerves

Ariana Grindr

Yall are funny. The movie remains unbothered and so do the people who “over hyped” it. That’s literally what happens when for the first time in history we get a movie where the lead and the cast isn’t white and where strong women are presented as opposed to the **** we get regularly. Like yeah that’s ****ing  exciting. Sorry not sorry hahaha:trollga:

4 hours ago, GeeYewWhai said:

Plus, I can name you a ton of black empowering movies with an African American lead, Django, Get Out, MIB, Lean on Me, Poetic Justice. I get it though, kudos for Marvel for finally doing this cause it is long over due. BUT stop treating the movie like god's gift to earth, there are so many other movies/super hero movies that deserve that title more.

Okay but here you have an almost entirely black cast where they're not depicted as drug addicts, impoverished, or needing to be saved by some white Jesus. 

People get so starved for representation that anything they're given is monumental. Like when Wonder Woman came out, not particularly good but people were excited to see a movie starring women, directed by a woman.

In the same vein, I'm sure you were excited to hear about the stonewall movie, especially when they replaced historical characters with a white twink. 

The film's significance isn't in how good it was, it's in what it represents for a lot of people, especially when they're told over and over again that their looks are "unprofitable". 

Redstreak

I was actually really skeptical when I went to go watch it but it absolutely deserves the hype its gotten

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak
7 hours ago, Doot said:

My personal opinion is that this film is only getting all the coins and ratings because it’s a SJW movie. Same with Wonder Woman (which is not a good movie lol). 

yikes, now everything before this sentence makes sense

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Ariana Grindr
4 hours ago, jylee said:

Okay but here you have an almost entirely black cast where they're not depicted as drug addicts, impoverished, or needing to be saved by some white Jesus. 

People get so starved for representation that anything they're given is monumental. Like when Wonder Woman came out, not particularly good but people were excited to see a movie starring women, directed by a woman.

In the same vein, I'm sure you were excited to hear about the stonewall movie, especially when they replaced historical characters with a white twink. 

The film's significance isn't in how good it was, it's in what it represents for a lot of people, especially when they're told over and over again that their looks are "unprofitable". 

Thank you :staymad:☺️ 

5 hours ago, jylee said:

:trollga: THIS TEA...

OT: I personally thought it was an AMAZING movie, one that has been long overdue for awhile. Hopefully we'll get more diverse superheros in the future! 

Reid LePage

The ending after the credits confused me with the other marvel reference but then i realised how their films work and was like ayy lmao

2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

yikes, now everything before this sentence makes sense

LOL, I did not like Wonder Woman. It was a movie that received all this praise despite containing almost everything people rag on other superhero movies for. Especially the last 3rd of the movie...oh my god :saladga:

Archived