💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Anybody here Pink Floyd fans?

GeeYewWhai

Featured Posts

GeeYewWhai

Title.

They're one of my favorite bands of all time. Their music just takes you to a whole 'nother dimension. The lyrics, the percussion and the crazy solos, imo they were super ahead of their time. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but if there any of you guys out there, what's you're favorite pink floyd album and song?

Album

Wish You Were Here

R-375756-1399735242-2149.jpeg.jpg

Song

Nothing Happened

PartySick

No :tony:

But one of the most memorable things from my visit to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame (aside from the MJ exhibit and Gaga's orbit) was their big piece for The Wall hanging above the dining area :diane:

There's also a fanmade video for MJ's "Morphine" that uses a/the video from The Wall that I love :flutter:

...what I'm getting at here is that their visuals are amazing, I've just never gotten around to hearing their music properly :poot:

🖤

The Dark Side Of The Moon 

Favorite song is Time, is the one that made me a fan :giveup:

My other favorites are Animals, Wish You Were Here and The Wall :firega:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

sipthistea

Well, it would be an overstatement if I called myself a Pink Floyd fan. But I truly enjoyed both The Wall and The Dark Side Of The Moon ( This last is my favourite).

As for the song, the one that I feel the most connected to is Us & Them. Such a beautiful piece. And also, The Trial's theatrical atmosphere was something I really enjoyed from The Wall so that one is also a favourite of mine. 

ryanripley

The Endless River is the only album i've heard and it was incredible

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

GeeYewWhai
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

girl, that's one of their weakest albums, relative to their other ones. If you thought that was incredible, you need to listen to their stuff from the 70s, Meedle, Dark Side of the Moon, or Wish you were here.  

Nothing Happened

GeeYewWhai
1 minute ago, ashae said:

so ****ing good even though its mostly just screaming lol

um, excuse me no, it's not screaming. It's belting beautifully

Nothing Happened

My father is a big fan, and he kind of sort of passed that down onto me.

Wish You Were Here is a masterpiece.

3 points in and ready for more

Absolutely. I went through a huge prog rock phase in High School. Pink Floyd is easily on my overall top 10 list.

Fav Album: Dark Side of the Moon. I mean, come on. A perfect album. It just flows.
Fav Song: Comfortably Numb. Also my favorite prog rock song.

I am the biggest fan in this forum. Fight me :stalkga:

But forreal, they are my favorite music act ever. I saw Roger twice last year and it is without a doubt one of the very most memorable experiences of my life ever that still brings me smiles to this day. I even got to greet the guy and I cried for like an hour g̜a̜y̜  straight :giveup:

Fave album fluctuates a lot but I would probably go for Atom Heart Mother or Animals right now. But I change my mind every couple of months soooo

Fave song is The Great Gig In The Sky, but **** there's so much good sh*t

1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

Sisssss wtf you're missing ouuut. Listing to either Animals, Wish You Were Here, The Wall or Dark Side of The Moon to get you started. The Endless River is like their weakest effort so pretty certain you're gonna like this.

CannaeDrive

I have a Pink Floyd playlist I tend to over listen :poot:

I love their stuff from the late sixties up to I Wish You Were Here, one of my favorite album. Their later music after that, no so much, never got into The Wall for example. I have a soft spot for the albums Ummagumma and Meddle.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Cavadour

When I was a young student, there was a vinyl turntable in the boarding school supervisor's office. Each and every evening, past lights out, one of us was allowed to play some record to lull the rest of us in the dormitory to sleep. When Dark Side of The Moon was released, it stayed unreplaced on the player for the whole season. It grew on everyone. It was like a spell. I'll never forget.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

I actually started listening to them a couple of weeks ago. So far I've only really listened to The Dark Side of the Moon and Animals. Both are great albums and they truly take you to another place.

Ariana Grindr

Wish you were here Is my all time favorite album/track (the art work is out of this world) tied with Dark side of the moon!!!!!

omg yaaaaaaas :firega:

Archived