"Magical" albums recommendations

lost in limbo

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo
Just now, Haiii said:

Oh wow I didn't realise you liked Flight From the City that much, but yeah I really like ambient orchestral music (if thats even a thing :laughga: idk how else to describe it). 

I have more recommendations similar to that, some personal favourites:

These are all songs I find personally healing and have a 'magical' quality to them. I'd recommend them to anyone who suffers from random bouts of panic attacks.

Thank you, I have panic attacks due to bullying. I'll download this to my Mp4 when I need it, thank you!

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Haiii said:

Oh wow I didn't realise you liked Flight From the City that much, but yeah I really like ambient orchestral music (if thats even a thing :laughga: idk how else to describe it). 

I have more recommendations similar to that, some personal favourites:

These are all songs I find personally healing and have a 'magical' quality to them. I'd recommend them to anyone who suffers from random bouts of panic attacks.

i bought the album :selena: i've been listening to his discography since and i've had to track down a couple of his music on resale websites cus i want them on CD so bad in order to find them in mint condition :selena: 

also i STAN In A Time Lapse :giveup: but i'll listen to all of these too

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Contrapoints
Just now, ryanripley said:

i bought the album :selena: i've been listening to his discography since and i've had to track down a couple of his music on resale websites cus i want them on CD so bad in order to find them in mint condition :selena: 

also i STAN In A Time Lapse :giveup: but i'll listen to all of these too

YOU STAN LUDOVICO EINAUDI!!? I HAVE NOT MET A SINGLE OTHER PERSON THAT KNOWS HIM. MARRY ME

Contrapoints
Just now, SDG91 said:

Is Kerli magical? :laughga: That's who I would've gone with. 

ooooh you probably mean Walking on Air right?

I loved her whole Tim Burton Alice in wonderland aesthetic back in her debut ❤️

lost in limbo
2 minutes ago, SDG91 said:

Is Kerli magical? :laughga: That's who I would've gone with. 

don't know ha :laughga:

But I'm gonna check her out! Thx 

lost in limbo
2 minutes ago, Werk said:

I recommend Grimes. She has a few songs I find magical :selena:

i've been thinking about checking out Grimes, thx 

30 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

This is the Ray Of Light of this generation, but better 

220px-Katy_Perry_-_Witness_(Official_Alb

Omg reported

Contrapoints

Thought I might as well include Flight From the City whilst I'm here. It's an amazingly simple song but it has breathtaking depth.

We Disappear is a bit of an odd one in terms of the rest of the songs I've posted so far because of how harsh the drums stutter and glitch in the song, but oddly enough I still find that it also has the magical quality.

Another entry by Coldplay

I find Novo Amor's songs so soothing because of his voice. Its such a sweet and delicate falsetto throughout most of his discography.

This is one of those songs that makes you just feel like you're floating in a dream

The above remix of The Curse by Agnes Obel is the closest to something like what you can find on Ray of Light on the top of my head. I'd also recommend anything from her album "Aventine", its honestly a gorgeous gorgeous piece of work.

Heard this in the movie Arrival, and I absolutely fell in love with it.

A simple harp composition, its so light and delicate I could fall asleep to it.

Anything by Sigur Rós is definitely worth listening to, their entire discography is like this.

A bit of an odd entry since its an album OST, but I thought it would be worth mentioning since its from one of my favourite movies. 

For the life of me I can't find the official version of this song on any platform, but I have been OBSESSED with it ever since it came out.

My final entry for today

@ryanripley thought these might interest you too

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Haiii said:

Thought I might as well include Flight From the City whilst I'm here. It's an amazingly simple song but it has breathtaking depth.

We Disappear is a bit of an odd one in terms of the rest of the songs I've posted so far because of how harsh the drums stutter and glitch in the song, but oddly enough I still find that it also has the magical quality.

Another entry by Coldplay

I find Novo Amor's songs so soothing because of his voice. Its such a sweet and delicate falsetto throughout most of his discography.

This is one of those songs that makes you just feel like you're floating in a dream

The above remix of The Curse by Agnes Obel is the closest to something like what you can find on Ray of Light on the top of my head. I'd also recommend anything from her album "Aventine", its honestly a gorgeous gorgeous piece of work.

Heard this in the movie Arrival, and I absolutely fell in love with it.

A simple harp composition, its so light and delicate I could fall asleep to it.

Anything by Sigur Rós is definitely worth listening to, their entire discography is like this.

A bit of an odd entry since its an album OST, but I thought it would be worth mentioning since its from one of my favourite movies. 

For the life of me I can't find the official version of this song on any platform, but I have been OBSESSED with it ever since it came out.

My final entry for today

@ryanripley thought these might interest you too

blue planet 2 :giveup: i have that album

i'll listen to all of these too!

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Glamourpuss

Not albums but...

Moby - Porcelain

Moby - Natural Blues

Tame Impala - Let It Happen

I agree with the suggestion of Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor. It takes you on a journey. Skip to Forbidden Love if you decide you don't like it and repeat it.   

Archived