• Created
  • Last Reply
Drin Lon
1 hour ago, AndyGa said:

We went from Gaga and Katy to Ed and Ariana that's why 

Katy debuted before Gaga 

If you wanna read, you might want to learn how to spell first darling

moonboywow

That’s why I like Kpop more now. The quality of the music is better. The videos look ten times better. It’s less lazy basically 

54 minutes ago, The Surrealist said:

I'm pretty sure judging on their sales, popularity, followers, impact, views and accolades, that they are pretty talented to a lot of people.

Meh... Ed got lucky with an era and Ariana has free streams no sales but ok.

5 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Katy debuted before Gaga 

If you wanna read, you might want to learn how to spell first darling

Ow I'm really crying

The Surrealist
Just now, AndyGa said:

Meh... Ed got lucky with an era and Ariana has free streams no sales but ok.

He had 3 albums of which 2 were a huge success, while Ariana sold 1 Million worldwide with her last album alone.

Born To Slay
25 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

For me 2011 was the last year of Pop greatness and 2012 was the start of the decline 

I agree. 2012-2014 was average. Then 2015 on was mostly mediocre at best. 

Drin Lon
30 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

For me 2011 was the last year of Pop greatness and 2012 was the start of the decline 

I think pop music from 2007 to 2015 was pretty good and very enjoyable. People are complaining a bit too much. Yeah 2012 was a bit weak and 2015 had a lot of basic songs smashing but they also had a lot of good ones too. 2016 could have been amazing since a lot of big pop stars released but none really were super successful beside Rihanna. Lemonade was a successful album of course, but its singles were a none event on radio, especially WW. Glory was just straight up not successful. Dangerous Woman did pretty good but it didn't live up to the success of My Everything and didn't have a top3 hit, ME on the other hand had 3. And Joanne did good, but not amazing, and its success was split in 2 years. 2017 was straight up a bad year in pop music even tho by the end it a lot of new pop girls came thru so let's see where that goes.

Drin Lon
17 minutes ago, AndyGa said:

Ow I'm really crying

Ed's new albums sucks but he has pipes and he writes his own music so I don't get what are your requirements for someone to be called talented...

Same with Ari, she has one of the best voices in the industry, she can perform and she's apparently involved in the producing of all the songs on her upcoming album, so I really don't know what a talented person is to you :excuseu:

That J

IF people would stop buying trash, they would start making diamonds.  The industry has fallen so hard, you would think they would try to reinvent better sounds and such. But why should they if they are still making money with robots "singing" the same song slightly reworked for 5 years?  Just my opinion. Don't have a donkey. :lolly:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Every artist coming out onto the scene sounds exactly the same and it doesn't help either that these producers are following the exact same formula with these sh*t beats and the "Dubstep breakdowns" in every song. All the music is blending into itself and nobody is bothering to take risks anymore,bar a few select artists (i.e. Gaga,P!nk,Bruno Mars,etc.) I think the loss of our legends (MJ,Prince,David Bowie,etc.) has had a serious impact on the music industry and the music itself is suffering greatly because of it.

Spoiler

And no I'm not saying that we need another MJ,Prince,or Bowie because figures like that will never come along again in any lifetime. I'm saying that music has greatly suffered since we've lost them and I feel like there's no recovery from it.

SpookyKid
30 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Ed's new albums sucks but he has pipes and he writes his own music so I don't get what are your requirements for someone to be called talented...

Same with Ari, she has one of the best voices in the industry, she can perform and she's apparently involved in the producing of all the songs on her upcoming album, so I really don't know what a talented person is to you :excuseu:

Don't worry, it seems they are here just to be negative, I only see negative posts from them :air: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

ordinarynam1310

The way we consume music changes along with our behaviour as humans. Nowadays, people tends to like what is catchier, easier to the ears and music is literally accessible every where. There's rarely place for complex and great project to become mainstream anymore. That's why back in the days, music with more substance and lyrics hit the mainstream more.

Bad music has always been around in pop music, it's just that nowadays more awful songs get to the top of the chart thanks to streaming. And the worst thing is no one willing to take risks anymore, or they dont know how. They just play safe and put out similar projects to sustain their commercial success

Clarence

originality is taking a backseat because because record labels thinks current trendy songs sell better. at least in mainstream. and Spotify/other streaming services.

Archived