DJ White Shadow
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
society

CAA Exposed (Lady Gaga's Talent Agency)

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

I don't know if it already has been posted here but the Creative Arts Agency (which is Gaga's agency since the beginning  of 2016 https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6836620/lady-gaga-signs-caa) has been exposed a few months ago for being part of the complicit machine by Harvey Weinstein. It seems that they offer sex and relationship in order to either blacklist certain actors/singers or push their success:

New York Times:

"He turned to old allies, asking a partner in Creative Artists Agency, one of Hollywood’s premier talent shops, to broker a meeting with a C.A.A. client, Ronan Farrow, who was reporting on Mr. Weinstein."

"Agents and managers across Hollywood, who wanted in on Mr. Weinstein’s star-making films, sent actresses to meet him alone at hotels and advised them to stay quiet when things went wrong. “That’s just Harvey being Harvey,” more than one agent told a client. At C.A.A., for example, at least eight talent agents were told that Mr. Weinstein had harassed or menaced female clients, but agents there continued to arrange private meetings. Even Nick Wechsler, a talent manager at another firm who confronted Mr. Weinstein about Ms. McGowan, felt he had to maintain business ties with him: “Sometimes he was the only game in town.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/05/us/harvey-weinstein-complicity.html

Deadline:

"That appears to be a reference to an account from Canadian actress Mia Kirshner, who said CAA set up a meeting with Weinstein in New York, ostensibly to discuss a film about the Warsaw ghetto uprising. Instead, he wanted to exchange sex for career opportunity, the newspaper reported.

Kirshner said she discussed the Weinstein encounter in 1994 with her primary agent, Lisa Grode, who sounded shocked, and, subsequently, with her talent manager, John Carrabino, and his boss, Sandy Gallin"

http://deadline.com/2017/12/caa-apologizes-to-anyone-let-down-1202220778/

Los Angeles Times:

"The agent, Cade Hudson, made the offers in 2013, according to text messages reviewed by The Times, as well as interviews with the recipient of the messages, actor Sean Rose. The texts show that Hudson offered to perform oral sex on Rose and solicited the actor for as much as $1,000, even though he was told the actor was heterosexual."

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-caa-agent-20171209-story.html

Page Six:

Rose McGowan is being hailed for her bravery in calling out the powerful CAA talent agency for enabling Harvey Weinstein. She refers to CAA agents as his “pimps.”

CAA represented many of the actresses who were sent to meetings with Weinstein at his suite at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.

“Harvey worked very closely with CAA. It’s amazing they’ve managed to escape all this scandal unscathed,” one Hollywood veteran told me.

While Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, Penélope Cruz and Reese Witherspoon are still repped by CAA, Rae Dawn Chong left in 1990, when she says her complaint of being harassed by fellow CAA client Steven Seagal was ignored.

A CAA spokeswoman had no comment.

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/14/rose-mcgowan-caa-agents-were-weinsteins-pimps/amp

Well, well, well. Let the receipts begin. Somebody is in danger. Are we shook? No. Are we disappointed? Of course not. 

tumblr_on8fbecaFm1vimolbo1_500.gif

Edited by The Surrealist
  • Like 2
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 1

AlexanderMagno

I think there was something about this :huh: Rose McGowan has been talking about CAA since day one right?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

giskardsb
14 minutes ago, The Surrealist said:

Well, well, well. Let the receipts begin. Somebody is in danger. Are we shook? No. Are we disappointed? Of course not. Everybody who associates themselves with CAA agents is complicit in abuse and rape.

CAA is a huge company.  It's unfair to paint everyone with the same brush.   Obviously there was some slimy and bad stuff going on and those responsible need to be held accountable.  But unless you have proof of Christians involvement, this seems like just another attempt to slander his and Gaga'a relationship.

Edited by giskardsb
  • Like 29

The Surrealist
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

CAA is a huge company.  It's unfair to paint everyone with the same brush.   And unless you have proof of Christians involvement, this seems like just another attempt to slander his and Gaga'a relationship.

Well they can be together I don't mind. It's not my relationship. I'm just slandering the people who support sexual abuse by (still) working there and having a contract with them after it has been known they played a huge part in this.

The Surrealist
5 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I think there was something about this :huh: Rose McGowan has been talking about CAA since day one right?

Yes. She recently "bashed" her former colleague Alyssa Milano for continuing her relationship with CAA Agent David Bugliari.

• Like 3

Phaye Monster

If people start using this as a reason to diss Carino then:grr:

but Gags honey watch out

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

RAMROD

You are talking as if Carrino is responsible when he likely isn’t, OP. Do you think she would stay with him after Weinstein had been ousted? C’mon now! 🙄🙄🙄

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ my neck ♥ my back ♥ lick my bussy ♥ and my crack ♥ dale duro, papi! ♥
  • Like 3

SychosSoChic

All these big names in one Agency, and NOT ONE of them had a clue? :air:

Oop

tumblr_mdiiv09Ute1qgf1i8o1_250.gif

Edited by SychosSoChic
Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.
  • Like 3

Scathach

Almost every big star is with CAA so this doesn't directly affect Gaga.

• Like 6

The Surrealist
3 minutes ago, darkness said:

Almost every big star is with CAA so this doesn't directly affect Gaga.

I listed some of the artists working with CAA in the last part.