💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Fergie On Her National Anthem Performance: 'I Honestly Tried My Best'

Coop

Featured Posts

Its not about talent or anything else. Everything was ok. Voice was strong most places etc buttt....

She just sang funny, how she pronounciated the words etc. It sounded funny.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel so bad for her because we all know she has it in her and she's really trying so hard but it's just not working :( We all can tell what style she was going for but she should have actually studied jazz a little more before trying to do something like that, the vocals were too much :wtfga:

Spoiler

And yes, I still can't watch her performance without laughing :wtfga:

ItsTommyBitch

I didn't need an apology because it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but its honestly the best any haters were gonna get, so take it and move the **** on tbh :gum: Too much energy spent on hating. At least just appreciate the comedic appeal of it :emma:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

scallywally
1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

Dislike me all y'all want but this didn't impress me at all. Especially since it ain't live

Edit: Donna Summer outsang

Semi correct, her screen test for the bodyguard made her half an hour late. It was sang live in 1 take in a studio before she went out. The crowd noise was going to be too loud (they didnt have our tech back in 91) No time for sound or mic checks and there were going to be jets going over so she wouldnt hear the music. She had to go out and sing over what she'd sang before. 

Fergie is talented, I liked it, its a difficult song, not many people can sing it as well as she did. 

on a lighter note, just saw Gaga's rendition , she didn't stray far from the original, she was spectacular, even her look was amazing, blue nails against her red suit. gorgeous.

RAMROD

Her decision were a choice, she should've sing it traditionally, Not stylize it this way, it doesn't work and now she's dealing with the backlash. If she rehearse it this way before this happened and nobody tell her that it doesn't work, then she should fire all these people.

Nobody's perfect and she apologized. Hope she can take a lesson from this and do better.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

GypsyBabe
6 hours ago, LoisLilMonster said:

I don't do it to defend her, I seriously hate America's nationalism and nationalism in general

Whether you hate it or not, a national anthem should be shown respect because there are many people that have lived and died for it. :interestinga:

⚯͛

LePetitGAGABLover

She sounded horrible but people are reacting like she crucified a baby on stage in the name of satan. Americans need to chill. 

Xoxo Adriana

Tbh its not like she's a bitch or anything, I actually really feel bad for her. It was the silly style her voice was playing in rather than the iconic Fergie voice we all know. Her voice was up and down and thats what made it sound terrible. I'll admit, it was horrible. However Fergie is crazy talented, its just a shame that her vocal coach lead her on to think it was perfect enough for the national anthem.

Haralampos

Glad she said (at least) something. The thing is that she have to understand that she needs to stop this technique, her voice is not how it used to. Actually many singers after 40s lose their vocal abilities, like Mariah, even Maria Callas. Fergie, I believe it's a sensitive person and I really hope she will be fine. I love her and I have had bought her albums and her first singles. I'm still a fan of hers. Also I like her latest album.

1 hour ago, GypsyBabe said:

Whether you hate it or not, a national anthem should be shown respect because there are many people that have lived and died for it. :interestinga:

No one lived and died for The Star Spangled banner.

The song's fourth stanza, which no one seems to sing, celebrates the death of slaves. It's based on a poem written by a bigot. That isn't a song worth respecting. That isn't a symbol worth dying for. To quote Malcolm X, "in fact, 'land of the free' was written by a slave holder."

Haralampos

I just noticed she turned off the comments on Instagram. I saw many hate comments on Facebook. She might be sad and depressed. 😟 

Archived