💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mariah Carey

Smile

Favorite Mariah Carey album  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Mariah Carey album?

• Mariah Carey
    • Emotions
    • Music Box
    • Merry Christmas
    • Daydream
    • Butterfly
    • Rainbow
    • Glitter (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)
    • Charmbracelet
    • The Emancipation of Mimi
    • E=MC²
    • Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
    • Merry Christmas II You

Featured Posts

Those were honestly the best part, but they didn't make up for the rest of her performance :( She had been doing so well over the summer too.

This is honestly not her song...Didn't someone tweet saying she played a new song? A slow one?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smile

• Andres

• HeyItsKyKy

• M C

Top Posters In This Topic

This is honestly not her song...Didn't someone tweet saying she played a new song? A slow one?

It's really not. But, apparently she was supposed to originally do a 5-song set, but only ended up doing Touch My Body, Always Be My Baby, Triuphail (had to), and We Belong Together. I was so hoping for a return of Vision of Love, it's been like 6 years now.

And I looked through Twitter and no other songs, just a mix of disappointment, stanning, and general appreciation for her whistle notes.

so the album is due in 2013? ughh i was hoping we would have it by the end of the year. but oh well. this means new Mariah + Gaga albums early next year. that's something to look forward to

i wonder why Triumphant was released so far ahead of the album release though... :/

Because it FLOPPED and flopped hard. That's why. Had the single of smashed, the album wouldn't have been pushed back. "Triumphant" is now deemed a "buzz single" by Mariah's peeps and her delusional little lambs. Buzz is now the go-to when your first single flops. :laughga:

And the NFL performance was embarrassing for all involved (Mariah, NFL, and the viewers). WTF was that? She literally can't move or the beige/gold mess she's squeezed in to will shoot off and kill someone? Why the hell were we seeing iPhone videos of her in the ****ter with her dogs in the background? I didn't get it. And what the hell happened to her voice? It's gone. The dog whistle ain't cuttin' it either. She strains so hard to get out the notes. At least Whitney had an excuse, d--gs. What's Mariah's?

And how the hell does she look so damn thin and amazing in her videos and then look like a pig in a blanket on stage? Damn! :smh:

Edited by Zomboi

Because it FLOPPED and flopped hard. That's why. Had the single of smashed, the album wouldn't have been pushed back. "Triumphant" is now deemed a "buzz single" by Mariah's peeps and her delusional little lambs. Buzz is now the go-to when your first single flops. :laughga:

And the NFL performance was embarrassing for all involved (Mariah, NFL, and the viewers). WTF was that? She literally can't move or the beige/gold mess she's squeezed in to will shoot off and kill someone? Why the hell were we seeing iPhone videos of her in the ****ter with her dogs in the background? I didn't get it. And what the hell happened to her voice? It's gone. The dog whistle ain't cuttin' it either. She strains so hard to get out the notes. At least Whitney had an excuse, d--gs. What's Mariah's?

And how the hell does she look so damn thin and amazing in her videos and then look like a pig in a blanket on stage? Damn! :smh:

:tea:

Remember the behind the scenes of Gaga at the Vogue shoot? Kindly shut the **** up.

How about age? She's 42, I can guarantee Gaga won't be as good as she is now when she's 42. In a lot of cases your voice gets deeper with age (Kate Bush, etc.) So it was to be expected that her voice wouldn't always be as high as it was when Vision of Love came out.

The album was never "pushed back" as there was never a release date, or a time frame for that matter. Also, when the press release was released the single was named an "Advanced single" so it WAS a buzz single before it flopped, so again, kindly shut the **** up.

Let us not forget that Gaga promoted TEOG to an actually single when it did well, so isn't that essentially the same thing? Thank you, please leave, as your fave will never accomplish half of what Mariah has in her career. One single doesn't make you a flop either...look at Judas. :laughga:

Edited by Andres

Remember the behind the scenes of Gaga at the Vogue shoot? Kindly shut the **** up.

How about age? She's 42, I can guarantee Gaga won't be as good as she is now when she's 42. In a lot of cases your voice gets deeper with age (Kate Bush, etc.) So it was to be expected that her voice wouldn't always be as high as it was when Vision of Love came out.

The album was never "pushed back" as there was never a release date, or a time frame for that matter. Also, when the press release was released the single was named an "Advanced single" so it WAS a buzz single before it flopped, so again, kindly shut the **** up.

Let us not forget that Gaga promoted TEOG to an actually single when it did well, so isn't that essentially the same thing? Thank you, please leave, as your fave will never accomplish half of what Mariah has in her career. One single doesn't make you a flop either...look at Judas. :laughga:

Please tell me more of this fantasy world in which you live. :flutter:

Edited by Zomboi

Please tell me more of this fantasy world in which you live. :flutter:

All of that's true tho...Show me ONE post or tweet or anything where Mariah or her team stated Triumphant was a lead single? You can't find one because it doesn't exist. Gaga's body is already going downhill, and oop, Mariah had twins! You try having twins and still look that good at 42...It's not a fantasy world sis, it's reality. The reality is Mariah still has 18 #1 singles and Gaga still only has 5. Face it boo, Mariah is more successful, and will forever be more successful than Gaga will ever be, still love her though. :coffee:

All of that's true tho...Show me ONE post or tweet or anything where Mariah or her team stated Triumphant was a lead single? You can't find one because it doesn't exist. Gaga's body is already going downhill, and oop, Mariah had twins! You try having twins and still look that good at 42...It's not a fantasy world sis, it's reality. The reality is Mariah still has 18 #1 singles and Gaga still only has 5. Face it boo, Mariah is more successful, and will forever be more successful than Gaga will ever be, still love her though. :coffee:

Just so you know, Gaga isn't my #1 and she doesn't have 5 #1's. "Just Dance, Poker Face, and Born This Way" are her only singles to take the top spot. And as I said before, Mariah looked like a stuffed sausage and sounded even worse. "Triumphant" was her first single no matter how you or any other little lamb try and twist it. It failed, so what? Move on and stop making excuses. And honestly, you might wanna save the "buzz single" excuse for when the next "first" single flops too. FYI on the history of buzz singles, they don't get released for purchase. It's what rap/hip-hop artists do for mixtapes to get the word out. Flopstars of today now use it whenever something doesn't work out on the charts. Nice try sweets. And I am NOT shading your idol. Gurl just needs a new stylist, gargle some honey, and hit back with better music. :tea:

Edited by Zomboi

Just so you know, Gaga isn't my #1 and she doesn't have 5 #1's. "Just Dance, Poker Face, and Born This Way" are her only singles to take the top spot. And as I said before, Mariah looked like a stuffed sausage and sounded even worse. "Triumphant" was her first single no matter how you or any other little lamb try and twist it. It failed, so what? Move on and stop making excuses. And honestly, you might wanna save the "buzz single" excuse for when the next "first" single flops too. FYI on the history of buzz singles, they don't get released for purchase. It's what rap/hip-hop artists do for mixtapes to get the word out. Flopstars of today now use it whenever something doesn't work out on the charts. Nice try sweets. And I am NOT shading your idol. Gurl just needs a new stylist, gargle some honey, and hit back with better music. :tea:

Expect Roman In Moscow was a buzz single??? It was available for purchase. Eat ya words sis.

Also: In music, a buzz single or advance single is a track or promotional song, released by the label (typically) preceding the album's release. The song(s) are released in order to bring attention to an album's release. Buzz singles are not typically issued to radio as promotional singles, however this will not prevent radio stations from playing the songs. Buzz singles are not considered "official" singles, there have been cases where a buzz single has later been released as an album's "official" single. Buzz singles are not always included on an album.

If the press release said Advanced single, it's an advanced single. It was, nor will it ever be the lead single from the album. If her next single flops, ok I'll admit you're right. But for now, Mariah's career still breathes. And is appearance everything? Adele's fat and yet no one uses that as an insult, so why is it ok for you to say that about Mariah? She had twins, now she isn't as skinny as she used to be. Big deal. Her voice was much better on the other three songs she performed that night, so I mean, three out of four is pretty good. Too bad the others weren't televised. All artists have bad performances, (Judas at the Cannes Festival anyone?) It's just something that happens. Can't really blame them.

I agree that Triumphant is probably her worst song, she should have just released the Vintage Throwback remix instead, but what's done is done. Better luck next time!

Expect Roman In Moscow was a buzz single??? It was available for purchase. Eat ya words sis.

Also: In music, a buzz single or advance single is a track or promotional song, released by the label (typically) preceding the album's release. The song(s) are released in order to bring attention to an album's release. Buzz singles are not typically issued to radio as promotional singles, however this will not prevent radio stations from playing the songs. Buzz singles are not considered "official" singles, there have been cases where a buzz single has later been released as an album's "official" single. Buzz singles are not always included on an album.

If the press release said Advanced single, it's an advanced single. It was, nor will it ever be the lead single from the album. If her next single flops, ok I'll admit you're right. But for now, Mariah's career still breathes. And is appearance everything? Adele's fat and yet no one uses that as an insult, so why is it ok for you to say that about Mariah? She had twins, now she isn't as skinny as she used to be. Big deal. Her voice was much better on the other three songs she performed that night, so I mean, three out of four is pretty good. Too bad the others weren't televised. All artists have bad performances, (Judas at the Cannes Festival anyone?) It's just something that happens. Can't really blame them.

I agree that Triumphant is probably her worst song, she should have just released the Vintage Throwback remix instead, but what's done is done. Better luck next time!

Everything I've stated has been correct. And honestly, that little excerpt you posted doesn't do you or Mariah and favors. The problem with your theory is failing to recognize that the definition of a buzz single has changed and that is because of flop singles like Mariah's. There's not point in arguing it. It is what it is. I agree with you about everyone having bad days but honestly, Mariah's been a hot mess for years now. However, I'm honestly not here to rain on the parade, so I'll leave you to your stan party.

Edited by Zomboi

Everything I've stated has been correct. And honestly, that little excerpt you posted doesn't do you or Mariah and favors. The problem with your theory is failing to recognize that the definition of a buzz single has changed and that is because of flop singles like Mariah's. There's not point in arguing it. It is what it is. I agree with you about everyone having bad days but honestly, Mariah's been a hot mess for years now. However, I'm honestly not here to rain on the parade, so I'll leave you to your stan party.

but my point is she didn't change it to a buzz single after it flopped, it was always a buzz single. I'm not even that much of a stan it's just bugging me that people are saying her lead single flopped when it's not even the lead single. Same thing when people say Gaga is so innovative for doing an app album when someone already did it first. Just defending artists who can't do it themselves.

I'm sorry, but Triumphant was just plain awful... I really wish she would make music like she made in the Butterfly era. It seems like all she's been doing lately is making crappy quasi-rap music and it's such a waste when she has a tremendous voice.

• Mills locked this topic