💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mariah Carey

Smile

Favorite Mariah Carey album  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Mariah Carey album?

• Mariah Carey
    • Emotions
    • Music Box
    • Merry Christmas
    • Daydream
    • Butterfly
    • Rainbow
    • Glitter (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)
    • Charmbracelet
    • The Emancipation of Mimi
    • E=MC²
    • Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
    • Merry Christmas II You

Featured Posts

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smile

• Andres

• HeyItsKyKy

• M C

Top Posters In This Topic

the Justina Bieber collab leaked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vx3mNSmlQs&feature=youtu.be&a

lolzzzzz. Justina's voice :toofunny:

she is working with Big Jim Wright and Randy Jackson on her new album

Now that Mariah Carey has debuted her twins to the world and discussed all of the intimate details of her tumultuous pregnancy, she has become completely focused on her next studio album. In fact, the diva has summoned several industry heavyweights to the studio, including producers James "Big Jim" Wright and Randy Jackson.

However, this wasn't the first time that Carey has worked with Wright or Jackson. She previously collaborated with the former on several tracks from her critically lauded The Emancipation of Mimi album, such as "Fly Like a Bird" and "I Wish You Knew.". Additionally, Jackson has been a member of Carey’s band since her debut and crafted most of her Merry Christmas II You alongside Wright and Marc Shaiman.

Other named contributors to Carey's new project thus far include Jermaine Dupri and Da Brat. The latter confirmed that she wrote new material for record earlier this month. Whether the LP will be released via one of the Epic Label Group’s labels, as hinted by LA Reid, has yet to be confirmed.

See what Wright said about his recent studio session with Carey below:

Carey is certainly doing her best to ensure that her new album is the hit that she needs at this stage in her career. The named collaborators have masterminded some of her most praised material and have exhibited a unique understanding of her voice.

However, it would also be a thrilling occurrence if James Poyser – the producer of Carey’s "Mine Again" from The Emancipation – and Marc Shaiman became involved in the project. Of course, Carey’s former writing partners Walter Afanasieff and Ben Margulies would also be welcome additions to the album.

Indeed, Nick Cannon confirmed that Carey is seeking inspiration from her debut album and the Emotions LP. Hence, working with Afanasieff and Margulies, who were the main contributors to those records, would be an excellent way for her to channel that artistic energy. Still, Wright and Jackson's inclusions are enough to stimulate excitement!

it sounds like it's gonna be old skool Mariah with a bit of Mimi mixed in there too. this is gonna be epic. i can feel it. she's gonna comeback HARD

Edited by Morphine

Can't wait for her new album! :excited:

Best album is The Emancipation of Mimi. I never understand the hate Glitter gets. Sure, the film is shameful (although it's a total guilty pleasure for me) but the album has some great songs on it. I don't think any of the songs are bad tbh.

Mariah and Justin Bieber are scheduled to shoot a music video for their Christmas duet "All I Want for Christmas is You" in an undisclosed location in New York on Saturday, November 5th. A casting call is currently underway for adult extras to take part in the video as shoppers and sales people.

Mariah and Justin's duet of Mariah's best-selling Holiday song "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is included on Justin's new Christmas album Under The Mistletoe that's slated for release this Tuesday, November 1st.

oh dear god. i hate this version of the song

here's a billboard update btw

Merry Christmas II You

Billboard Holiday Albums: #41 (Last week: #45)

"All I Want For Christmas Is You"

Billboard Holiday/Seasonal Digital Songs: #2 (Last week: #3)

"Oh Santa!"

Billboard Holiday/Seasonal Digital Songs: #45 (Re-entry)

Mariah, the queen of christmas :legend:

However, it would also be a thrilling occurrence if James Poyser – the producer of Carey’s "Mine Again" from The Emancipation – and Marc Shaiman became involved in the project. Of course, Carey’s former writing partners Walter Afanasieff and Ben Margulies would also be welcome additions to the album.

Indeed, Nick Cannon confirmed that Carey is seeking inspiration from her debut album and the Emotions LP. Hence, working with Afanasieff and Margulies, who were the main contributors to those records, would be an excellent way for her to channel that artistic energy. Still, Wright and Jackson's inclusions are enough to stimulate excitement!

Did she have some sort of falling out with Afanasieff? She hasn't worked with him in forever. I used to be HUGE Mariah fan when I was younger, and his songs with her were always my favorites. They might not be the most sonically "cool" by today's standards, but they're what I think of when I remember Mariah's glory days. I would love for them to work together again.

Did she have some sort of falling out with Afanasieff? She hasn't worked with him in forever. I used to be HUGE Mariah fan when I was younger, and his songs with her were always my favorites. They might not be the most sonically "cool" by today's standards, but they're what I think of when I remember Mariah's glory days. I would love for them to work together again.

Walter was going behind Mariah's back and telling Tommy Mottola her personal buisness when they were going through their divorce, so he betrayed her trust. Tommy was even paying him to give him information. Mariah of course eventually found out what was going on and they parted ways. if you listen to Petals (from Rainbow) you can tell that parts of the song are about him:

So many I considered

Closest to me

Turned on a dime and sold me

Out dutifully

Although that knife was chipping

Away at me

They turned their eyes away and

Went home to sleep

Walter and Mariah actually had a fight on the street. at first Mariah denied it, but then she later admitted to it. apparently though they have been on good terms recently

Interesting! I never knew that story. If it really did happen that way, that definitely explains why he disappeared so suddenly in the late '90s.

Edited by Fluorine

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/10/31/new-music-uncle-murda-f-mariah-carey-50-cent-young-jeezy-warning-remix/

TEOM is overrated mess. Butterfly is her true, underrated, overlooked masterpiece. Yeah it was successful, but people see Music Box and TEOM as her "iconic" albums. It's annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

MARIAH CAREY PLANS DELUXE EDITION OF CHRISTMAS ALBUM FOR 2012

Nothing says Christmas like Mariah Carey. The festive diva invited

“Extra†on set of her new video for “When Christmas Comes†with John Legend. While gathered in front of a Christmas tree in her Beverly Hills home, she spoke with her pal AJ Calloway about the Sanaa Hamri-directed clip, dueting with Legend, and Dem Babies, who will make a cameo.

“I wanted this to be the most fun, family Christmas,†explained Roc and Roe’s mom. “It’s like a soulful family Christmas song and yet I wanted to add all the elements of anything magical that could happen at Christmas.â€

During an interview with “The Tom Joyner Morning Show,†the Christmas queen also revealed plans to release a deluxe version of her 2010 holiday album Merry Christmas II You next year.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/11/19/mariah-carey-plans-deluxe-edition-of-christmas-album-for-2012/

oh. i wonder if this means she won't be releasing a full studio album then... nvm. maybe in 2013, eh

• Mills locked this topic