Why is Taylor so obsessed...

The Bling

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bling
12 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Meh, you guys need to remember that the music industry is a business. And get over it :triggered:

I can get over none of her music being on Youtube, but trying to copyright phrases as common as 'Blank Space' or 'This sick beat'... :awkney:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

KyliesChild
8 minutes ago, Haiii said:

Never said I was an expert :laughga: But isn't there a general issue of her trying to copyright words or phrases that are so basic (widely used in the public domain) it would infringe on fair usage laws?

She didn't copyright "1989". :laughga: She copyrighted "we're gonna party like it's 1989" in case she wanted to use it for merchandise. This example in particular is odd because she copyrighted a Prince reference yet she wants to associate it with her brand. 

BeyoncĂ© does the same thing, not to mention all your other faves whose copyright documents don’t leak, and yet people only jump on Taylor. 

Is taking off every video on YouTube extra as hell? Yes but it’s her right if she wants to

As for the merchandise, it doesn’t mean she owns the 1989 number or whatever. It means that she’s the only one who can only use when it comes to things like t shirts, posters and ****. I mean, she’s the one who came up with the lyrics and wants to sell her merch

Dragging or shading her for stuff like this is so three years ago. Also there’s that thread on old atrl that has reciepts about your faves doing the same thing so

who will love me when the night is over

KingRedd

Taylor and BeyoncĂ© not wanting their music to just be freely downloaded or streamed on YouTube to make some other YouTubed get views or money isn’t a bad thing. It’s a business. If you work hard on something and you see someone else using what you just worked hard on you’d shut them down too. The labels control most of these situations anyway it’s not like Taylor or BeyoncĂ© sit on YouTube and browse it themselves haha. If you like a song, buy it or stream it the correct way. 

May I Read You? 😎

The Bling
7 minutes ago, Spock said:

BeyoncĂ© does the same thing, not to mention all your other faves whose copyright documents don’t leak, and yet people only jump on Taylor. 

Is taking off every video on YouTube extra as hell? Yes but it’s her right if she wants to

As for the merchandise, it doesn’t mean she owns the 1989 number or whatever. It means that she’s the only one who can only use when it comes to things like t shirts, posters and ****. I mean, she’s the one who came up with the lyrics and wants to sell her merch

Dragging or shading her for stuff like this is so three years ago. Also there’s that thread on old atrl that has reciepts about your faves doing the same thing so

1 minute ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Same with BeyoncĂš.

Well I only noticed with Taylor because I stan her harder tbh... And I didn't make this thread trying to drag her :cryga: I was just curious as it doesn't seem to be a common practice :wtfga: I guess it's just that other artists are too careless. I understand if she doesn't want her music in Youtube uploaded by other people, but I think that trying to copyright phrases like 'Blank Space' or 'This sick beat' might be too much

Didn't mean to offend anyone sorry :(

KingRedd
6 minutes ago, The Bling said:

Well I only noticed with Taylor because I stan her harder tbh... And I didn't make this thread trying to drag her :cryga: I was just curious as it doesn't seem to be a common practice :wtfga: I guess it's just that other artists are too careless. I understand if she doesn't want her music in Youtube uploaded by other people, but I think that trying to copyright phrases like 'Blank Space' or 'This sick beat' might be too much

Didn't mean to offend anyone sorry :(

You didn’t offend lol some people go a little too hard, but yeah it’s mainly the labels and protection. Someone could hop on Taylor’s bandwagon and when a certain song is hot, like Blank Space, they could sell merch and clothes with that saying and we’d all know where he got it from. 

May I Read You? 😎

FfFfFfFF

Off course it's nothing wrong with this practice because at the end of the day it's legal practice but sometimes it's hard to see the artist behind all these marketing strategies.

Call me blind fan but despite the fact that commercial interest is sometimes obious for her too, I never get this feeling from Gaga. 

22 minutes ago, KyliesChild said:

She didn't copyright "1989". :laughga: She copyrighted "we're gonna party like it's 1989" in case she wanted to use it for merchandise. This example in particular is odd because she copyrighted a Prince reference yet she wants to associate it with her brand. 

When I heard that she tried to trademark it, I instantly thought that they were too similar, especially seeing that Prince was fairly hard with his copyright as he refused to have any of his music on Youtube. Wasn't she unsuccessful is this case?

I always find it cringy when she says sick beat in shake it off, like what's so sick about it? :selena:

Even the chainsmokers beat is sicker than Shake It Off

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Everyone should do that. Why should some people who don't do a thing earn money from Gaga on youtube, just cause they upload a song of her, for example? You wouldn't want someone to earn money from your intellectual property would you?

The Bling
1 minute ago, Mythos said:

Everyone should do that. Why should some people who don't do a thing earn money from Gaga on youtube, just cause they upload a song of her, for example? You wouldn't want someone to earn money from your intellectual property would you?

I'm not against that at all, in fact I'd encourage her to upload all of the songs of her albums herself, so that she could get even more money out of it :icega: If she doesn't I'm fine with it too cause then I'll have to buy the album which is good, everyone should do that.

But trying to copyright things things like 'Blank Space' or 'This sick beat' seem like a little bit too much for me :icega:

The Bling

Imagine if LoveGame had been released this year :poot: It would have been changed to this

818b0793781272495245.jpg

Thanks Copyright :whitney:

Archived