💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga did not loose her creativity

Quark

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Well regardless, i still never really got the concept of Joanne the album and how it's important to her. I mean why does she suddenly connect so much with her dead aunt that she never even met (of which even her grandma and dad seem to have got over more than she does...) And why are there songs like A-YO, John Wayne and DIC on album named after her dead aunt? :huh:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Well regardless, i still never really got the concept of Joanne the album and how it's important to her. I mean why does she suddenly connect so much with her dead aunt that she never even met (of which even her grandma and dad seem to have got over more than she does...) And why are there songs like A-YO, John Wayne and DIC on album named after her dead aunt? :huh:

The album isn't explicitly about Joanne, her aunt. The concept started with her aunt and evolved into a deeper, more personal look into Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, hence songs like A-Yo, John Wayne, & DIC. There are dozens of threads (and many interviews from Gaga) that talk about this. 

nattuggla
35 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Actually when you watch her documentary you see that her father got really emotional about it leaving the room when Gaga started to play the song Joanne to her grandmother. 

She also said that her father couldn't process it as expected and Joanne's death changed him which also influenced Gaga herself ever since she grew up.

She already mentioned her aunt even in interviews from 2011.... 

I think we al agree that she hasn't lost her creativity for sure, but she did have lost her spark, that something she used to have which made us all obsessed with her

I gotta say since late ARTPOP, I'm not the stan I used to be, I'm still interested in her work but idk

... and now i just sit in silence.

Supersonic

Honestly y'all need to speak for yourselves, I saw the spark in Joanne more than ever. If anything, Joanne dulled down her previous albums for me.

Fans be like wanting this and wanting that. Have y'all even considered what Gaga wants?

If Joanne was meant to be this stripped down or meant to dampen her creativity then so be it as long as it's molded like how she wants it to be. It's as simple as Gaga can be creative whenever the f*ck she wants.

Slave To The Audio

Her fan base needs to evolve too

aka grow up because you some people make the worse out of a scenario 

8 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I'm a little hesitant to say her creative spark is still alive and well when we went from this

Gaga-Bad-romance-gif-lady-gaga-23250148-480-270.gifdadr2.gif

tumblr_l3petxlD5I1qa2nz2o1_400.gifgiphy.gif

To this

B48soK9.gif

I'm not hating on her. She is allowed to do whatever she wants and that's perfectly fine by me. But you can't try to convince me that her creativity hasn't been dampened over the years.

Different visuals for different eras. The toned down visuals simply fit Joanne's visuals. Is not a lack of creativity but rather Gaga trying to provide a fitting fashion and videos.

PunkTheFunk
Just now, Quark said:

Different visuals for different eras. The toned down visuals simply fit Joanne's visuals. Is not a lack of creativity but rather Gaga trying to provide a fitting fashion and videos.

You're missing my point. The fact that the Joanne era needs fitting toned down visuals is a sign that she is not pushing herself as hard as she used to in terms of creativity. And that's OK. 

There is a video on YouTube that I like to watch of this guy singing "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Jefferson Starship while playing his guitar. Is it creative? Not at all. But is it beautiful and do I love it? Absolutely. Saying something is not creative does not mean it sucks. 

I'm just struggling to understand why it's so treasonous to say that the Joanne era is not innovative when it literally wasn't supposed to be. This era is about her family and being a "regular girl" and connecting with regular people. Am I missing something? Is someone going to explain to me how the shade of pink she used in her cowboy hat has never been used before?

ezgif-5-051bed6d04.gif

Delulu Rogers

I don't agree with that. It's quite evident that she hasn't been creative since 2013. Where exactly is the creativity in Joanne?  I get it is a more toned down era and album but she still could have made better visuals and performances with the material on the album. The  lack of singles/visuals/promo made a lot of people feeling like she just doesn't care anymore or have the creativity. 

RochestrMonstr

I think she is still very creative. Just because she chose to tone down the weirdness factor on her most stripped album does not mean she’s lost her creativity.

We still got four videos compared to ARTPOP’s two, and I don’t see how any of them were at all unfitting for their respective songs. (I do understand the criticisms of MR’s video, although I don’t fully agree with them). 

We may have had less singles, but I don’t see how that reflects her creativity. Each one of MR’s performances was so different, no two were alike (except the JWT of course). 

She also did new things like the dive bar tour, the moving stages at the JWT, and releasing videos for non singles, which she didn’t do before. 

She still managed to put on what some would call the best tour of her career.

I fail to see how she’s lost any creativity at all, when she keeps coming up with new ways to entertain us.

Obviously some people will disagree, and maybe want their weird Gaga back. And who knows? Maybe that’s what the next era will bring.

giskardsb

Too many seem to only recognize the type of creativity that slams you in the head.  The obvious and shiny types. Subtler types of creativity are invisible.  

Phoenix
10 hours ago, DoremonLove said:

And im glad she evolved for better:triggered: 

Well I will pray for your taste

TchyhNH.gif

💎

1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

You're missing my point. The fact that the Joanne era needs fitting toned down visuals is a sign that she is not pushing herself as hard as she used to in terms of creativity. And that's OK. 

There is a video on YouTube that I like to watch of this guy singing "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Jefferson Starship while playing his guitar. Is it creative? Not at all. But is it beautiful and do I love it? Absolutely. Saying something is not creative does not mean it sucks. 

I'm just struggling to understand why it's so treasonous to say that the Joanne era is not innovative when it literally wasn't supposed to be. This era is about her family and being a "regular girl" and connecting with regular people. Am I missing something? Is someone going to explain to me how the shade of pink she used in her cowboy hat has never been used before?

ezgif-5-051bed6d04.gif

The fact that you keep focusing on the pink hat says it all.

Archived