Anveeroy

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Runway said:

BTW isn’t a gay song, it also talks about bullying and racial equality 

It still channels the gay community aka what she said there

26 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Bonus 

Honestly the song isn't about sexuality, it's about accepting the label you're given and who you are as a person. Sure there is that line, but it isn't the focus of the song or album.

1 minute ago, Daredevil said:

good for her

the lyrics “It felt so wrong, It felt so right“ are lowkey offensive

Considering the song is more along along the lines of cheating then it's understandable. "I hope my boyfriend don't mind it. It felt so wrong, it felt so right."

Runway
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

It still channels the gay community aka what she said there

It channels the gay community as much as every other minority (asians, latinos, blacks), and she didn’t do it just for profit but to convey a message which was the point she was trying to make. 

Also back then she didn’t realize how big and influential she would become, of course she would use her voice for the better. Too bad Katy never did it and now she is over

ryanripley

did she talk about Ur So Gay? cus IKAG is nothing compared to that :triggered:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

blackpink

No Katy. Leave that masterpiece alone. Not when she has CURRENT songs like Bon Appetite and H3Y that have even worse cliches 

She needs to start with Ur So Gay first..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

DelusionalGaga

That title though. She's not saying she wants to rewrite it. If she had to rewrite it she would to it differently. Hence the counterfactual conditional :emma:

Charlotte Quinn
12 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

did she talk about Ur So Gay? cus IKAG is nothing compared to that :triggered:

This! That song is even more stereotypical

"Ur so gay and u don't even like boys"

Like gurl why u using the word "gay" as an adjective meaning something other than "homosexual". Do u mean it's a bad thing? Like this guy is some sort of self-centered delusional brat? Do you really want to convey that "gay" has that awful connotation in popular culture? I mean most of your fans are from the LGBT community. Don't crap where u eat.

But this was a long time ago I can see she's changed. Now we love you honey. Sort of :bon:

PopMonstre

You’re So Gay and I Kissed a Girl are both high-key offensive imo...they’re  just nasty,  and appropriate LGBT culture for the sake of “entertainment” or whatever you wanna call it. Keep the re-write sis, we all know you’re not really bi anyway.

StrawberryBlond

Nice to see that she's taken the time to reflect on past choices. IKAG is a huge guilty pleasure of mine but yeah, there's problems with it, especially by today's standards. It's wild to think that song is 10 years old now. And it's true, lesbianism, bisexuality, the whole orientation spectrum, was just starting to really come into its own back then. Before then, it was such a...niche thing to discuss. You'd only bring it up among people from that community, not in general. You can't blame Katy for having a lot to learn because we all did. Now, if she'd released that song today, well, it would be another story.

Flopping may well be the making of her, from an musical, artistic standpoint at least (though I'm not holding my breath as I thought Witness was going to be better than it turned out to be). Flopping can work wonders on an artist who needs to be brought down to earth. As long as she can keep a grip on reality, she might save herself from being one of those who goes crazy or stops making music altogether.

Archived