Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
achievement

The "Joanne effect": Pop stars go country

shame

Featured Posts

RodeckDanny

It's called the Lady gaga effect dude, everything she does, female popstars tend to follow her tendencies

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cavadour

Not that I specially like this album or trying to add fuel to the flames but Madonna did it with "Music" in 2000

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

I'd def say she has brought it back into fashion, but most of those artists have dabbled in the country scene, even kylie!

Mixing music styles and influences is a thing done since so long, no one is arguing about that. But Gaga did create a TREND lately with pop-country / americana themed album / striped down pop artists.

2 minutes ago, Cavadour said:

Not that I specially like this album or trying to add fuel to the flames but Madonna did it with "Music" in 2000

That’s so irrelevant to the current music climate though. We’ve had music go through like 10 cycles since 2000. Would hardly say “Music” had anything to do with Gaga’s decisions on Joanne. 

AlexanderMagno
4 hours ago, Cavadour said:

Seventeen years ago. It literally has no impact in today's trend :shrug: I don't understand why people still bring this up. Might have inspired Gaga? Probably. But the fact that lots of artists are doing country-influenced music is Joanne's fault, which was released more than a year ago and since then we've seen the rise of this trend. Music was released almost twenty years ago, and since then a dozen of other trends have come and gone.

androiduser

Madonna and Gaga wore a cowbay hat. That's where the country stops. There is no influence, effect or anything deeper than a hat.

Cavadour

It was only a reply to the thread title: "Pop Stars Go Country"... Sssshhh...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Chromatislaps
15 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

The GP loves Gaga so much that they love ignoring these details just to worship her more and more

but did they buy ARTPOP?

tumblr_ormj7euUoC1uroubao2_250.gif

crisTEAne

first the lady gaga effect aka making it avant-garde.

now the joanne effect aka stripping it down.

if cultural trends are indeed cyclical, you all know what's happening next. :classy:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

The Louvre

Our lady never ceases to influence the wolrd with her gaga

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

Archived