❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
news

Grammy backlash everywhere...

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

KarmaPolice
16 hours ago, codymonster said:

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

While I agree that Gaga or Kesha deserved the award better than Ed, I say AMEN to this.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with everyone wanting these white women to win so badly? Let's be happy that the Grammy's have been the most diverse ever. I loved it, honestly. 🙏🏻♥️

como estas

DeleteMyAccount

I praise the inclusion of women and black artists considering that has been a huge push in the industry these past few years.

But where are all the damn Asians?

I feel like I'll never see a Korean-American on the charts or Grammys doing great things.

FGGrayson
13 hours ago, brit4ever said:

Britney exposed them a long time ago :lolly: 

:applause: 

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

DiscoHeaven23
23 hours ago, codymonster said:

I know this is unpopular opinion, but... the popular music this year came from men. This is fact. If you look at the charts, and what was big, it was music by men. There have been MANY years where women dominated music, and this year is not one of them. I just dislike how people quickly jump on the “sexist” train cause it’s the popular thing to do now. For example, 2010 the winner of song of the year and record of the year were both different women. 

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

i get where you're going with this, with popular music being dominated by men this year BECAUSE IT WAS. 

But, the Grammy's have shied away from popularity winning Grammys in multiple cases, i.e . Beck winning album of the year. 

While commercially girls underperformed, they critically soared. The biggest example of the Grammys ignoring women is the case of Lorde. Melodrama was one of the best female albums of this decade. It should've been placed in more categories, like Pop Vocal Album, 

For singles, i really think "Praying" should have been put in Song of the Year. The lyrics are amazing. 

Demi's "Sorry Not Sorry" and "New Rules" could've been in Record of the Year

And many other things that i just don't have the desire to take the time to name. 

This year is shaping up to be good for women, so let's hope the Grammys recognize that in 2019. 

StrawberryBlond
8 hours ago, Taylor Z said:

What's with everyone wanting these white women to win so badly? Let's be happy that the Grammy's have been the most diverse ever. I loved it, honestly. 🙏🏻♥️

Nobody said anything about white women specifically, just women. Don't assume that it's just white women getting mad. I'm tired of the stereotype that white women act like spoiled primadonnas when they don't get their way. Women of all races are mad. We want to see talented women win, regardless of their race. And there's more to diversity than race. The only diversity that night was the fact that there were white and black winners. Certainly not an abundance of Asians or Native Americans. Neither was there lots of wins from LGBT artists or non-American artists (minus the Latin and Reggae awards, of course). So, how is it diverse?

8 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

I praise the inclusion of women and black artists considering that has been a huge push in the industry these past few years.

But where are all the damn Asians?

I feel like I'll never see a Korean-American on the charts or Grammys doing great things.

Exactly what I've been saying. When people talk about minorities now, the assumption is that they're talking about black people specifically. In the same way as soon as we talk about the LGBT community, the assumption is that you're talking about gays specifically. Every race deserves representation, not just black artists. But somehow, the focus has remained almost exclusively on raising the profile of black artists but not giving two hoots about other minorities. This is the self-centered part of the racial struggle that really gets to me. People have the nerve to say I'm being intolerant because I want all races to be equally represented. That's the opposite of intolerance? Besides, black people have had ample opportunity to win for years. They own the rap, RnB, reggae and gospel categories because that's their culture. It was no surprise that out of the very few women who won, black women featured. Black people have done amazingly at the Grammys since the 90's, they're some of the most nominated and awarded artists in Grammy history. They've even broken records like "most nominations in one night," "most wins in one night," "most awarded over multiple genres," "youngest winners," etc. So, I don't get the idea that they're getting snubbed. It's factually false.

Apart from Psy (who was a one hit wonder and not Grammy material anyway), when do you see Koreans? Chinese? Japanese? Thai? Filipino? Indonesian? Zayn had the biggest opportunity to be one of the few Asian nominees by the Grammys have never supported 1D or any of the boy's solo careers and he didn't write the 50 Shades song, so he didn't count in that nomination. Yet, does anyone talk about this? Nope.

ZiggyZiggs
9 hours ago, ClosetGagaFan said:

60 years isnt a fad.. But they are outdated..

donald trump is like 70 but hes's still a fad. age is just a number :trollga: 

53 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

donald trump is like 70 but hes's still a fad. age is just a number :trollga: 

Cant really compare 1 person to 6 decades of Music Appreciation.. Well not this year anyway.. 

On 1/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

Nobody said anything about white women specifically, just women. Don't assume that it's just white women getting mad. I'm tired of the stereotype that white women act like spoiled primadonnas when they don't get their way. Women of all races are mad. We want to see talented women win, regardless of their race. And there's more to diversity than race. The only diversity that night was the fact that there were white and black winners. Certainly not an abundance of Asians or Native Americans. Neither was there lots of wins from LGBT artists or non-American artists (minus the Latin and Reggae awards, of course). So, how is it diverse?

Exactly what I've been saying. When people talk about minorities now, the assumption is that they're talking about black people specifically. In the same way as soon as we talk about the LGBT community, the assumption is that you're talking about gays specifically. Every race deserves representation, not just black artists. But somehow, the focus has remained almost exclusively on raising the profile of black artists but not giving two hoots about other minorities. This is the self-centered part of the racial struggle that really gets to me. People have the nerve to say I'm being intolerant because I want all races to be equally represented. That's the opposite of intolerance? Besides, black people have had ample opportunity to win for years. They own the rap, RnB, reggae and gospel categories because that's their culture. It was no surprise that out of the very few women who won, black women featured. Black people have done amazingly at the Grammys since the 90's, they're some of the most nominated and awarded artists in Grammy history. They've even broken records like "most nominations in one night," "most wins in one night," "most awarded over multiple genres," "youngest winners," etc. So, I don't get the idea that they're getting snubbed. It's factually false.

Apart from Psy (who was a one hit wonder and not Grammy material anyway), when do you see Koreans? Chinese? Japanese? Thai? Filipino? Indonesian? Zayn had the biggest opportunity to be one of the few Asian nominees by the Grammys have never supported 1D or any of the boy's solo careers and he didn't write the 50 Shades song, so he didn't count in that nomination. Yet, does anyone talk about this? Nope.

I'm sure Japan, South Korea & China have their own award shows if you want your asian fix. Were there any Native Americans that made music lately? Any in the top 10? I'm happy that black people were in the FRONT this time. I'm actually okay Gaga didn't get any awards, I think they should go to POC anyway. Gaga has enough. For me, white people need to make better music - I love my white girls but they need to do better. Sorry 

como estas

Archived