ALL Charts Discussion

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop
3 minutes ago, alp0707 said:

When I first listened PI I was so mad at her and thought what is this mess of a song but I stan for PI now :staymad:

i feel like this is the reaction to 90% of the people who heard it, she should just relrease it in 10 years when people are used to the song and watch it smash :poot:

PerfectGUY

I really don't regret that we had PI as a single. I needed a video for it and cool performances (idc if not televised, the Moth Bar one slays me every time :trollga: :firega:)

I still think it was a good choice but very badly handled. 

Indeed, it's an ambitious choice (high quality song but may be difficult for people to resonate with it at first - even tough I cried tears of joy the first time I listened bc it sounded so good :queenga: -)

So I think that it was a win or loose.
They had to promote the hell out of it to get people used to it and actually appreciate it for what it truly is and then I'm sure it would have smashed. But as they didn't impose it on people, they just let it go bc it was too much for them. 

So great single choice, but the strategic choices weren't adapted AT ALL for such an ambitious single (that could've been one of Gaga's biggest :interestinga:

---

When she says she'll have to perform Perfect Illusion for the rest of her life, do you think that she'll actually do it or she was just assuming it was gonna be successful :laughga:

ArtGagaPop
3 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

I really don't regrat that we had PI as a single

Indeed, it's an ambitious choice (high quality song but may be difficult for people to resonate with it at first - even tough I cried tears of joy the first time I listened bc it sounded so good :queenga: -)

They had to promote the hell out of it to get people used to it and actually appreciate it for what it truly is and then I'm sure it would have smashed. But as they didn't impose it on people, they just let it go bc it was too much for them. 

So great single choice, but the strategic choices weren't adapted AT ALL for such an ambitious single (that could've been one of Gaga's biggest :interestinga:

---

When she says she'll have to perform Perfect Illusion for the rest of her life, do you think that she'll actually do it or she was just assuming it was gonna be successful :laughga:

I just watched this a hour ago and was thinking, "You really sure about that gaga :laughga:"
It was even shortned on the first tour it was in :giveup:

ArtGagaPop
6 minutes ago, GagaOhhLaLa said:

Canbwe talk about how The Cure spent 14 weeks on the hot 100 with no promotion. It could of  smashed

Should been the lead of joanne, it could easily lasted all of 2016 with a video + radio deals and promo later in the year  :selena:

But yeah it really showed gaga can still have a hit with next to no promo from gaga herself, they just need to decide a good enough song and make a really great video to help in todays streaming age. 

Americano
12 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

I really don't regret that we had PI as a single. I needed a video for it and cool performances (idc if not televised, the Moth Bar one slays me every time :trollga: :firega:)

---

they were so sure itd smash radio

mess :air: LOL

funny to look back on now that the era turned out good in the end, but was painful at the time :air: 

Americano

she should releasea video for AYO while taking time off

:gaycat: not like its gonna be a streaming hit anyway, this album cycle wasnt that, so more the merrier for us to watch

ArtGagaPop
3 minutes ago, Americano said:

she should releasea video for AYO while taking time off

:gaycat: not like its gonna be a streaming hit anyway, this album cycle wasnt that, so more the merrier for us to watch

I wouldn't even mind if they just made a video with footage from the apple commercial, atleast it would be something :gaycat:

Also, what was the point of that commercial, didn't it air for like just 20 times in total :air:

Doncho

iTunes US:

2. 5 Seconds of Summer - Want You Back

SLAY kings, they deserve better. A generic bop a la The Cure :golfclap:

3 hours ago, ShockPop said:

I think the label need to listen to what the audience is connecting with rather than what used to work for Gaga on radio.

This I don’t agree with. Gaga herself has said she’s very proud of her lead singles being nothing what you hear on the radio at the time of their respective releases. And she also said it’s always going to be this way. 

Ever since I heard Joanne in full it became obvious to me why they chose Perfect Illusion instead. PI was the closest to the classic Gaga sound on Joanne. 

Million Reasons and AYo sound like nothing Gaga has ever worked before. They were almost as hard to predict as PI.

HermioneGranger
3 hours ago, GagaOhhLaLa said:

Canbwe talk about how The Cure spent 14 weeks on the hot 100 with no promotion. It could of  smashed

It just proves that people really are here for Gaga if they like the song

Biagio2103

I feel like PI would've done better if Gaga would've done more promo, the song was doing ok in HAC, and we see that many HAC hits are platinum (TC being a good example).

I'm only good at being bad

ViviLittleM

Katy Perry - Witness:

$18,638,432  /  $1,035,468

177,831  /  9,880

18  /  1

$104.81

AEG Live

dA6X8nM.jpg

Kendrick Lamar  -  DAMN.:

$43,688,406  /  $1,180,768

483,956  /  13,080