💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Joanne (single) Chart?

ELEMENTALITY

Featured Posts

Doncho
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

yes but that wasn't the same week it was put on iTunes/Spotify or the week the MV came.

True, good point. I hope they release the video on Friday but knowing her team it will probably be on Grammys night 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver

Well The Cure made it to top40 without a video :shrug: I know it had Coachella but Joanne may have the Grammy 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Mister Gaga

I don't think it'll chart. The era is over, there's no hype and, now a days, the song is not radio material.

DeanWinchester

I'll be streaming it on YT and AM. Maybe my Spotify too but I don't contribute to US charts anyway.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

FrankGutz
14 minutes ago, Doncho said:

True, good point. I hope they release the video on Friday but knowing her team it will probably be on Grammys night 

lùmùmvùam  been thinking about this :ladyhaha:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Jewels n Drugs

wouldnt it need a radio deal to actually do well? The Grammy performance and GGD streaming it wont take it to top 10 :selena:

another promo slot like Fallon or Ellen or GMA could be cute too but shes on tour :selena:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

nick4bty

If she releases the song and the video on Friday, with a performance on Sunday, plus emphasizing the fact that proceeds go to charity, with no airplay and no Spotify placement, I can see #30-50

If they're giving this single treatment with a radio deal and playlisting, I can see #10-30 start. 

Don't underestimate her. Plus the Grammys is a big promo slot. The Cure reached #39 with 79k sales, no video, and minimal airplay. This could easily outdo that.

1 hour ago, ELEMENTALITY said:

Wow...never thought I'd see this fanbase give up so easily. :what:

This is the first time a majority of monsters on GGD don't give a **** about charts anymore. :interestinga:

WOW.mp3 

The times have changed. With this attitude Gaga ain't never gonna have another #1!

Gaga will have another #1 the day she’ll release a massive hit and promote it properly

I think it’s PRETTY obvious that the intent of the Joanne era wasn’t to top the charts.

At this point it’s just called not being delulu :neyde: 

Princess Stache

I want it to out chart and outsell Million Reasons to show everyone that gaga always has a trick up her sleeve

thatfoxyfeeling

It’s not gonna chart, even if she delivers a phenomenal performance and receives a standing ovation at the Grammys it still won’t chart. Joanne is over a year old, she has no streaming power and the music video isn’t gonna get many views. 

LG6 lead single is her opportunity to get another #1.

Princess Stache
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Well The Cure made it to top40 without a video :shrug: I know it had Coachella but Joanne may have the Grammy 

You're right.  Since she's rereleasing the song AND is preforming it at the Grammys I really think it AT LEAST break top 40.

Delulu Rogers

Guys it probably won’t even be a single or sent to radios. Let’s just wait to see what happens

6 hours ago, ELEMENTALITY said:

Will you be streaming this and buying it as a "new single"? Considering it isss a different version and sounds a hell of alot more radio friendly? And it being more radio friendly sounding, do you think it will get radio play and chart in the Hot 100, Top 40, or maybe even break into the Top Ten? Most of the youtube reactors I noticed have always said they thought this was the best song on the album...and this is an even better vocalized and streamlined version of it.

Ironically considering this seems to be the first time in a while Gaga is gonna properly promote a single :selena: (introduce it to a huge audience at the Grammys, radio friendly version, promote as a single, release a video for it, create twitter hype all within one week) I think it could actually break in....and go really far. I think also if she maybe opens the song at the Grammys maybe standing by the piano saying, "this song is about my aunt, what happened to her was terrible, and all the proceeds are going to Lupus Research" and then sits down to perform, like a true dedication, people will listen up.

I think it could potentially give Gaga a second Top Ten to finish off the Joanne era. It's just one of those ballads that has memorability to it and I think literally anyone could relate to. And there are some real gut kicker lines in the song that will really resonate with people. Million Reasons comes off about a broken relationship. Joanne comes off about someone dying. Thats more rare on radio. And that kind of message...it always hits home with people. The best performing single of all time (until Despacito) was Mariah Carey and Boys II Men's "One Sweet Day"....a song with a very similar message to Joanne....wanting to see someone who is dead, and accepting that you just can't anymore until Heaven. Those songs....middle America goes nuts for...****....alllll of America goes nuts for.

What do you think? Will Joanne chart the week after next? Could it blow up as a late single ala "Dark Horse" did on Katy Perry's Prism record or ala Bodak Yellow where it slowly climbs and it gets in people's minds? 

My personal bet is that it will be a Top 10 hit.  I think it will sit somewhere in between the success of Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion....maybe being a consistent song that peaks at #3-#8 and then shifts/stays in the  #12-#20 zone for a month or two. 

P.S.: Yes I will be buying this single as it is being promoted as a separate download and if anyone wants it and can't afford it I can gift it to you when it appears on iTunes. 

I’d love it if u gifted it to me.

I honestly don’t want Joanne as a single cuz then the gp would remember her as old and making sad music and then lg6 would flop 

Archived