Lady Gagain Vegas
🏨 Click here to book your Las Vegas hotel at VEGAS.COM 🏨
lgbt

First Gay Couple Married At West Point( first in military)

Featured Posts

Galagala

If anyone has already posted this, plz report or tell me.

Their IG: dan.vinny:hug:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Two army captains exchanged vows at West Point in what is believed to be the first active-duty, same-sex marriage at the esteemed United States Military Academy.

Daniel Hall, 30, and Vincent Franchino, 26, are both Apache helicopter pilots and were married at the New York school's Cadet Chapel on Saturday, January 13, the New York Times reports.

The captains, who are now stationed together at Fort Bliss in Texas, were married in front of 150 family members and friends, 34 of whom were military officers.The couple sported their blue army uniforms and received a saber-arch salute as they left the chapel. Their reception was held at Skylands Manor in New Jersey.

Franchino and Hall met in August 2009, back when the former was a freshman (or 'plebe' in the school's parlance) and the latter was a senior (or 'firstie').

As part of a school tradition in which the plebes seek to hold up departing seniors, Franchino hid under Hall's bed and popped out to scare him.

'Dan was so startled, he jumped over his desk,' Franchino told the New York Times. 

Later in 2010, they chose each other for a mentorship program - Franchino as mentee and Hall as mentor. It was at this point that their feelings for each other developed.But because of the Bill Clinton-effected 1993 policy of 'don't ask, don't tell,' which barred homosexual servicemen and servicewomen from being 'out' in the military, they could not show their feelings. 

But when 'don't ask, don't tell' was repealed under Barack Obama in 2011, they came out in public with their relationship.

The couple, which will now go by the last name Franchino-Hall, enjoyed their first dance as married men to 'La Vie En Rose' by Edith Piaf. (for the complete content :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5294601/Apache-helicopter-pilots-exchange-vows-West-Point.html

48676A8000000578-5294601-image-a-63_1516

48676ADD00000578-5294601-image-a-61_15164867A20500000578-5294601-image-m-53_1516 

GOD I am in tears now.:toofunny::toofunny: This is so sweet and also encouraging.:cryga:

Edited by Galagala
  • Like 2
  • Love 10

GagaMyBlood95

This is so cute omg :cryga:

When I see things like this, I get some hope for this world seriously! :wub:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Mikey Monster

Omg I have that feeling wear im so happy for them but i feel a little dead inside cuz not only do i want that but I want to look like that! Basically like when people are just winning at life 😂😂😂❤️❤️❤️ But seriously congratulations to this beautiful couple! ❤️:hug:

Mikey McCampbell

Blond
1 hour ago, Galagala said:

48676A8000000578-5294601-image-a-63_1516

That left guy looks yummy 

giphy.gif

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola
  • LMAO 1

Lord Temptation

So happy for the beautiful groom and groom :kara:even though they make me realise just how utterly miserable my life truly is :laughga:

• Love 1

Blond
23 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

So happy for the beautiful groom and groom :kara:even though they make me realise just how utterly miserable my life truly is :laughga:

giphy.gif

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola
  • Thanks 1

uo111
3 minutes ago, Blond said:

giphy.gif

Wow that was inconsiderate.

He is already sad about two gay men being so happy and you post a gif of two happy lesbians?

• LMAO 1

CurlyBeauty
2 hours ago, uo111 said:

you post a gif of two happy lesbians?

:yay:

epione free
  • YAAAS 1

Lord Temptation
51 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Wow that was inconsiderate.

He is already sad about two gay men being so happy and you post a gif of two happy lesbians?

Wrong sis :triggered: please read again

I am actually happy for them :ladyhaha:

I’m only sad because my life is an epic of Les Miserables proportions, but it has zilch to do with the happy couple :cryga:

Plenty of other reasons why I’m borderline depressed :queenga:

• Love 1

Galagala

Well, after seeing another thread about gay being murdered, this is just a powerful comfort for me. 

I love ,and I believe in the gay community. :wub: