Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY Rumours (Fleetwood Mac): RESULTS

rumours

Featured Posts

That J

I'll give my 11's....one was The Chain as I think it's a perfect theme song for the band and I love it. But it was tied with Gold Dust Woman, a song I turn up loud and is totally my style of Mac type songs.   So...Those are mine. I think one may go next. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
badgirlmeat
2 minutes ago, That J said:

I'll give my 11's....one was The Chain as I think it's a perfect theme song for the band and I love it. But it was tied with Gold Dust Woman, a song I turn up loud and is totally my style of Mac type songs.   So...Those are mine. I think one may go next. 

one of my 11 choices was The Chain, but i ended up giving it to Dreams

guess The Chain will be the one with most 10s :poot:

🤠

rumours
7 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I wrote that in between classes

Sorry sis

Reading through the thread as we speak

tenor.gif

No need to be sorry!

Which song do you think won't make it to the Top 3?

That J
Just now, Ronk said:

1. Dreams

2. Go Your Own Way,

3. Gold Dust Woman,

4. The Chain

@That J will kill me for this.

Hahaha it's very possible tho!  At this point, EVERY song is worthy.  But yea im coming for you. :bye: :ladyhaha:

rumours

A Few Statistics About #4:

- Missed the Top 3 by .21 points

- Received the lowest score by an individual of ANY song in the entire megarate

- Received more 11's than the entry that made #3

1 minute ago, That J said:

Hahaha it's very possible tho!  At this point, EVERY song is worthy.  But yea im coming for you. :bye: :ladyhaha:

Totally.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours

Gold Dust Woman

Fleetwood-Mac-in-the-late-007.jpg?w=700&

Score: 8.88

Highest Score: 11 @GypsyHeartGaga @That J

Lowest Score: 4.5 @calmar

Comments:

@Edge of Fame: “The most perfect album closer there ever was. Queen Stevie slays again and this song really shows the journey that this album took us on. UGH I LOVE THIS ALBUM.”

@GypsyHeartGaga: “Wow, just wow. This song is packed with so much emotion and pain. And when you know just how personal it is to Stevie, it makes you feel it even more. Songs like this are the reason Stevie is one of the greatest songwriters of all time.”

@That J: “Maybe it's Stevie, maybe it's me....maybe a combination of both but ultimately my 11 goes to the wicked Gold Dust Woman. Only Stevie backed by the Mac could do a song like this and make it as flawless as it is.  The imagery, the music, that voice, the lyrics and the way it builds is nothing short of PERFECTION.  After an album of Insta-classics, to end with a song like this is unheard of....but it happened to a band named Fleetwood Mac on an album called Rumours.”

@blackcoffee: “One of Stevie's best. I love this song so much. It's so haunting and witchy. It has the same dark cinematic that makes The Chain so fantastic. The instrumentation and production is so phenomenal on the song. You can definitely hear Stevie and Lindsey's country roots in this song. I love all the unique instruments used and the great layering happening with the simple percussion, bass, and keys. The guitar work is like another complimentary voice to Stevie on the song. Stevie is such a unique poet with her lyrics and this song is a testament to that. Such an interesting study of love and the dark world of drugs. The song gets even better when the drums pick up in this tribal beat and gets super strange with glass breaking and Stevie wailing like a witch in some ceremony. Fantastic.”

@Oriane: “Beautiful and good vocals. I like the instrumental too. It's a good ending song.”

@calmar: “You already know what my complaint about this song is. It gets this ‘high’ of a score because of the solid songwriting. I also don’t like Nicks’ voice.”

@that juju: “It's a tough choice. But the husky quality still makes this yet another favorite, among an album of favorites.”

Special Live Performance:

rumours
12 minutes ago, That J said:

You're intuition was correct my friend

That J

Well....im not upset. Haha  It's a great among greats!!!!   I love everything left.  

6 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Gold Dust Woman

Fleetwood-Mac-in-the-late-007.jpg?w=700&

Score: 8.88

Highest Score: 11 @GypsyHeartGaga @That J

Lowest Score: 4.5 @calmar

Comments:

@Edge of Fame: “The most perfect album closer there ever was. Queen Stevie slays again and this song really shows the journey that this album took us on. UGH I LOVE THIS ALBUM.”

@GypsyHeartGaga: “Wow, just wow. This song is packed with so much emotion and pain. And when you know just how personal it is to Stevie, it makes you feel it even more. Songs like this are the reason Stevie is one of the greatest songwriters of all time.”

@That J: “Maybe it's Stevie, maybe it's me....maybe a combination of both but ultimately my 11 goes to the wicked Gold Dust Woman. Only Stevie backed by the Mac could do a song like this and make it as flawless as it is.  The imagery, the music, that voice, the lyrics and the way it builds is nothing short of PERFECTION.  After an album of Insta-classics, to end with a song like this is unheard of....but it happened to a band named Fleetwood Mac on an album called Rumours.”

@blackcoffee: “One of Stevie's best. I love this song so much. It's so haunting and witchy. It has the same dark cinematic that makes The Chain so fantastic. The instrumentation and production is so phenomenal on the song. You can definitely hear Stevie and Lindsey's country roots in this song. I love all the unique instruments used and the great layering happening with the simple percussion, bass, and keys. The guitar work is like another complimentary voice to Stevie on the song. Stevie is such a unique poet with her lyrics and this song is a testament to that. Such an interesting study of love and the dark world of drugs. The song gets even better when the drums pick up in this tribal beat and gets super strange with glass breaking and Stevie wailing like a witch in some ceremony. Fantastic.”

@Oriane: “Beautiful and good vocals. I like the instrumental too. It's a good ending song.”

@calmar: “You already know what my complaint about this song is. It gets this ‘high’ of a score because of the solid songwriting. I also don’t like Nicks’ voice.”

@that juju: “It's a tough choice. But the husky quality still makes this yet another favorite, among an album of favorites.”

Special Live Performance:

Is anyone watching to this video?  That voice!  Totally slays.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours

Well... We Have our TOP 3! 

Do you agree, or was a song in particular paid dust?

@that juju @Edge of Fame @PunkTheFunk@BBhomemaker @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians @Jeroen Bloeming @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea @calmar @Ronk @Rumours1977 @fayecuntaway @blackcoffee @Oriane @Kandy life @GypsyHeartGaga @badgirlmeat @That J @datlastfam

For fun, here is the chart history of our Top 3 (in no particular order)

Go Your Own Way

Spoiler

US Billboard Hot 100: 10

US Adult Contemporary: 45

US Cash Box Top 100: 10

UK Singles Chart: 38

New Zealand Singles Chart: 23

Dutch Top 40: 1

Australia KMR: 20

Canadian Singles Chart: 11

Germany Top 100 Singles: 11

Belgium Ultratop 50 Singles: 1

The Chain:

Spoiler

UK Singles Chart: 81

Wasn't released as a single. This peak came in 2011!

Dreams:

Spoiler

Australia (Kent Music Report): 19

Canada Top Singles (RPM): 1

Germany (GfK): 33

Netherlands (Dutch Top 40): 8

New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ): 16

UK Singles (Official Charts Company): 24

US Billboard Hot 100: 1

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard: 11

Archived