Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Grammy performance is pointless if it's not a new single

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

yes and
17 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

didn't katy perform By The Grace Of God at the grammys

This song was meant to be the 6th single from Prism, but the Grammy perfomance didn't help a lot. That was why, the single was scrapped.

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I don't think Joanne needs any more boost, it's done well and it had it's peak. It would just be nice if the era ends off with a final single. 

Off topic but why is ARTPOP considered as flop when its sales, chart positions and singles where more successful than Joanne‘s? Just because it was more acclaimed by critics?

aaronyoji

its common practice that artists performing at the grammys usually perform the song/album they're nominated for, with few exceptions. but idk i could be wrong, grammys are in fact new, and fringe, and very loose on these new traditions :toofunny:

like ???????? lol 

Helxig

See the problem with art becoming such a business in the modern day and age, is that even the fans of an artist focus more on the business than the art. Fans are only interested in seeing their favourite artists perform or release music if it will be lucrative to their business plan.

Where along the way did we lose our love and appreciation for art, music and performance? Our excitement to watch and observe the magic happen on a public stage?

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

SlayGagaloo
9 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Off topic but why is ARTPOP considered as flop when its sales, chart positions and singles where more successful than Joanne‘s? Just because it was more acclaimed by critics?

look at the numbers pop girls were pulling in 2013 and you'll get your answer :emma: 

Over.

derpmonster
14 minutes ago, Marcel said:

The charts are pretty much the same. DWUW = PI and Applause = MR. Joanne didn't have a third single which GUY was and did quite badly. It's considered a flop because everyone was so keen to say "Lady Gaga is over". People love to watch a big superstar die. It sold a lot and more than Joanne but album sales were bigger back then AND it was much less than Born This Way's sales which is what came to be expected of Gaga who was supposed to maintain her international pop megastar status. Week 2 declines were also higher despite lower sales. Charts don't tell everything. The GP opinion was mostly eh about it as was critics'. Gaga was overexposed and people were kind of tired of her. That coupled with weird interviews, crazy performances, and making enemies etc. led to people not being as interested in her.

I don't think it's ARTPOP that flopped. It's Gaga's 2013 era that flopped.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

domixwodix
1 hour ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Why would any artist perform at the Grammys if it's not a single they are trying to promote? There is no point in going up there to perform some random song from an album released more than a year ago (unless your album was an absolute smash that made so much cultural impact that everybody knows all the songs on it e.g. Lemonade). While I do appreciate any Gaga performance, I will be a little disappointed if she did not make use of this platform to release and promote a new single from Joanne. Just my two cents.

I still don‘t know single song off lemonade lmao only formation and that song with the weeknd, overrated

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

raginchristians

I kinda agree tbh :madge:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was organised pre-JWT postponement, which would've made the Grammys a nice way to cap off the end of the era, but now that the era's going on for a lil longer than planned it's kinda pointless :poot:

I'm not complaining about a new performance tho :lolly:

he/they

raginchristians
11 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

People love to watch a big superstar die.

The tea :madge: just look at how people reacted to Witness, the dragging (which I won't lie I took part in :poot:)

ARTPOP wasn't as great as it could've been for a number of reasons which have already been mentioned, but at the end of the day they could've all gone great and it still would've had the same end result. ARTPOP ''failed'' because people wanted it to fail, and that's that on that :madge:

Quick someone say something about the Grammys so this thread doesn't go off topic :poot:

he/they

Delulu Rogers

She's nominated for MR so it makes sense to perform that song even if it won't do anything. She performed TC at the AMAs for crying aloud. Also, another single at this point would just flop and how awkward it would be for her to perform DIC and then win the award for her ballad MR 

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, ChrisC said:

and how awkward it would be for her to perform DIC and then win the award for her ballad MR 

This is why we cant have nice things

D0d48uA.gif

Irrelevant
32 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

DWUW = PI

DWUW did much better than PI

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

adamsenigma
1 hour ago, JR Gg said:

Literally no one knows the songs on Lemonade except her fans. Delusional :ladyhaha:

Literally everyone I know (at least from our demographic) knows those songs. I'm not a hardcore Bey stan but some of you guys try too hard to discredit Beyoncé's cultural impact lol

yungpancake

Maybe because sometimes the Grammys is an event that is for like, celebrating music?? The Grammys would feel a bit shallow if it just was for that purpose, like selling your new stuff. my opinion tho :madge:

Archived