đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Grammy performance is pointless if it's not a new single

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Why would any artist perform at the Grammys if it's not a single they are trying to promote? There is no point in going up there to perform some random song from an album released more than a year ago (unless your album was an absolute smash that made so much cultural impact that everybody knows all the songs on it e.g. Lemonade). While I do appreciate any Gaga performance, I will be a little disappointed if she did not make use of this platform to release and promote a new single from Joanne. Just my two cents.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes and

I totally agree with you. It is really pointless. A song will jump to the top 200 of itunes for a few hours and nothing more. No one will care about it except fans :icega:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

TeenIdle

Not everything is promo :duck: We get a performance.. that's enough at least for me.

Sirius094

Well, it was pointless to perform The Cure at the AMAs after 8 moths its release, but Gaga did that anyway. Her choices are a bit strange indeed :huh: But maybe she will sing Million Reasons, and since it's nominated, this would make sense.

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

JR Gg
5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Why would any artist perform at the Grammys if it's not a single they are trying to promote? There is no point in going up there to perform some random song from an album released more than a year ago (unless your album was an absolute smash that made so much cultural impact that everybody knows all the songs on it e.g. Lemonade). While I do appreciate any Gaga performance, I will be a little disappointed if she did not make use of this platform to release and promote a new single from Joanne. Just my two cents.

Literally no one knows the songs on Lemonade except her fans. Delusional :ladyhaha:

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Not everything is promo :duck: We get a performance.. that's enough at least for me.

I just feel like the performance may have a lack of significance to the GP. To them, it's a performance, yeah, but what's the song? Why should they care? Could it be her next 'big hit'? (highly unlikely but that's the question the GP should be asking :emma:)

ArtGagaPop

We get another peformance to enjoy and the gp will praise her once again, does it need to have a more point then that? Also having her on shows like grammys and the amas peforming keeps her in the spotlight even though she really isn't in an album era and is touring right now, it's much better for the next era if she stays relevant and don't just go on a blackout for years like she did with ARTPOP and for a little while with joanne. + Her album was the biggest female album of the grammy cycle and she is nomminated for 2 awards, it's not really pointless. It will the give album a cute little last boost and it would be a nice way for gaga to end the joanne era with a grammy win and grammy peformance. 

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Literally no one knows the songs on Lemonade except her fans. Delusional :ladyhaha:

Which was why it was the best selling album of 2016? :sure:

Stan Is My Name
11 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I know Formation and Sorry. Where's the cultural impact? :ladyhaha:

Haroon is coming to kill me D:

JR Gg
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

Are you really that slow :ladyhaha:

8 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I just feel like the performance may have a lack of significance to the GP. To them, it's a performance, yeah, but what's the song? Why should they care? Could it be her next 'big hit'? (highly unlikely but that's the question the GP should be asking :emma:)

You are looking at this the wrong way. All performances are all meant for entertainment. The promo is just something extra that happens simply because many people watch these shows. By your logic people wont care every time someone performs a new song that hasn't been performed before. Also the last thing the GP cares about is if songs will be a hit or not. Only pop forums focus on this. Finally, if you are so focused on the promo, this performance will highlight the album Joanne as a whole.

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Are you really that slow :ladyhaha:

It's a rhetorical question :triggered:

ArtGagaPop
3 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Joanne is the best selling female album of this year grammy period, does that mean that everyone in the gp knows just another day? :sure:

Lemonade did amazing ofc, but don't act like everyone know every song. Lemonade got most of it's succes for the fact that it was like a movie. While most of the songs alone is not know by many. 

Irrelevant

didn't katy perform By The Grace Of God at the grammys

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Joanne is the best selling female album of this year grammy period, does that mean that everyone in the gp knows just another day? :sure:

Lemonade did amazing ofc, but don't act like everyone know every song. Lemonade got most of it's succes for the fact that it was like a movie. While most of the songs alone is not know by many. 

Of course I don't literally mean like everyone, but just enough people (and more importantly recognition) to make others go: oh, is this relevant? 

Archived