💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

Inferno
6 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Lara seems like a smart enough person not to lie and bring it all into the attention of the public if she thought she didn't have a point to prove. C'mon. Shed have people in the background to hush it up. Shes a bright girl.

I like her image, music videos and songs, im not a huge fan (not heard enough) exactly the same as radiohead. Doesnt bother me. She is switched on not to dig herself a hole, she must have an infelt feeling that she didn't copy it.

Thats it isn't it? See what the courts say but she could've swept it under the rug if she wanted to. Anybody should want to give an artist support for having the balls to say 'no'.  

I think shes manipulative and shes always been somewhat manipulative. And I think she gets away with a lot and always gets passes for things that other artists do not get passes for. I think this is an example of her throwing a tantrum more than anything worth giving her due for having balls.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scallywally
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Radiohead do not care about using her name for publicity nor do they care much about publicity in general. They would not care if they offended her fans or anyone regarding this dispute. So to say that their motives were at all about PR is entirely out of character and incorrect.

I agree but imagine everytime Paul McCartney gets into a car and Oasis is on the radio? He doesnt spit his dummy out. 

It isn't the first it wont be the last, no need to argue itll just go on and on till weve been and gone. 

4 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Radiohead do not care about using her name for publicity nor do they care much about publicity in general. They would not care if they offended her fans or anyone regarding this dispute. So to say that their motives were at all about PR is entirely out of character and incorrect.

And why would Lana care herself? She doesn't promote her music except on tour and she's just doing her thing not caring about anything, she's not desperate for attention.

Cssomeone
8 minutes ago, OBEY said:

To contain the backlash they're receiving since the tweet or something like that. We don't know ! Everyone can take which side they're on tbh. Why would Lana lie if she knew they'd probably make a statement saying she's lying, for example? it goes on and on and onnnn

Yeah, they didn't care about the possible backlash of the concert in Israel, but they do care about a bunch of people (most of them teenagers) commenting on twitter and on forums like this one :dry:

Inferno
Just now, scallywally said:

I agree but imagine everytime Paul McCartney gets into a car and Oasis is on the radio? He doesnt spit his dummy out. 

It isn't the first it wont be the last, no need to argue itll just go on and on till weve been and gone. 

Yeah but heres the thing and is what ive said before. They were influenced by a song when they made Creep. After it was released those people came at them for credit and so they gave it to them. Now here she is making a song with the same chord progression, as petty as it may sound, I think they thought hey...why is she getting away with using said chord progression, we should all get credit then. And shes taking offense and making a scene of it. Its pretty obvious.

Just now, Cssomeone said:

Yeah, they didn't care about the possible backlash of the concert in Israel, but they do care about a bunch of people (most of them teenagers) comments on twitter and on forums like this one :dry:

I don't know? I don't know them personally? I don't know the band neither their songs. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one which is fine 

Inferno
3 minutes ago, OBEY said:

And why would Lana care herself? She doesn't promote her music except on tour and she's just doing her thing not caring about anything, she's not desperate for attention.

Lana cares immensely about her perception and she was most likely annoyed that they wanted everyone to get credit so she made a scene of it to make them look bad. Its Radiohead, a band that really doesnt care about PR or any of this pop stan crap vs. Lana Del Rey a corporate pop star.

3 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Lana cares immensely about her perception and she was most likely annoyed that they wanted everyone to get credit so she made a scene of it to make them look bad. Its Radiohead, a band that really doesnt care about PR or any of this pop stan crap vs. Lana Del Rey a corporate pop star.

sis she's flopping lately, never promoting and never had a proper hit except that remix of her song :air: 

Cssomeone
10 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Did you know that the views for Get Free on Youtube have increased considerably after this case became public. So did her mentions online. I do think she cares. And, as I said before, it's very convinient for her to be the victim in this story.

8 minutes ago, OBEY said:

I don't know? I don't know them personally? I don't know the band neither their songs. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one which is fine 

Well, I have been a Radiohead fan for over ten years, and I know about their beliefs. I hate to repeat myself, but I have to say once again that they don't care about this corporate/music industry bullsh*t. They offered their album (In Rainbows) for 'whatever you want to pay' online. 

Inferno

sis she's flopping lately, never promoting and never had a proper hit except that remix of her song :air: 

She is a corporate pop star. She has deals with Urban Outfitters and promoters. She sells her music for commercial use. She is wholly and completely corporate, but wrapped in alt-girl packaging. Like.....I really can't with people not acknowledging how shes no more or less authentic than Rihanna or Gaga or any other mainstream top 40 pop star. Shes just the Urban Outfitter version of. Which works even more to her advantage in that she gets to be a commercial pop girl without any of the trappings of needing a smash hit or selling more than 200k out the gate.

Do you guys both have have a hateful obsession over Lana or something :air: what has she done to you :wtfga:

Inferno

Do you guys both have have a hateful obsession over Lana or something :air: what has she done to you :wtfga:

And in the same sense, why do you insist on defending her over a band you admit to knowing nothing about. At least we're knowledgeable about both parties.

I dont hate her. But the Lana stan mentality of her always being a victim just annoys me and you like refuse to even entertain the notion that shes just like any other self serving industry person.

Cssomeone
4 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Not really. I couldn't care less about her. What I don't understand is how someone can insist on attack a band who has always been known for their exceptional artistry and defend an artist who has presumably lied for her own benefit.

34 minutes ago, OBEY said:

and some people probably think Lana wouldn't lie, I don't see a point arguing about this in the end, it all comes down to who you chose to believe. 

re-quoting this to support that this whole thing seem to be going nowhere anyway  :emma: 

Cssomeone
Just now, OBEY said:

re-quoting this to support that this whole thing seem to be going nowhere anyway  :emma: 

Ok, we won.

Spoiler

:bye:

Archived