Do you think Gaga should do more duets?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Gaga should do more duets

• Yes, duets are great, will keep her relevant
    • No, & gtfo
    • She does it already enough
    • Get a life

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2018 at 09:05 PM

Featured Posts

kaojen
29 minutes ago, Bordeciel said:

Hi.

Ā 

I'm having a meltdown being a Gaga fan so sorry for my bad ressentments.

One of the issues I have with Gaga, with her releasing such a tiny amount of musics but also teasing way too much

Ā 

is the fact that she almost never do real studio duets, with real relevant artist from our times (and not people that were a thing decades ago, even if they are talented)

Ā 

Why does Gaga almost do no relevant duets?Ā 

When you know that half of the industry is a big stan of her?

Ā 

I don't know why but I feel like she might have refused a lot of them. I think about DJ, Popstars, Rappers (except for Kendrick)... Not a duet hit for 5 years when Rihanna had like 10 smashing duets in 2017.

Please explain.

Ā 

And know that I love you. And Gaga... 2018 Gaga needs to f*** me good.

Relevant artists of our times are nowhere near Gagas level.Ā 

She's an old soul that represents the lost art of the music ARTIST. She's a Cher in a world of Ariana Grandes, a Barbra Steisand when we have Carmen Cabello of whatever. The current artists of our times rarely wrote their own music and instead hire 5 to 8 people to write basic music.Ā 

But I'm used to it. Gaga is the only reason I was paying attention to pop music. All my fave music tends to be more indie or older because music is just better written. She just doesn't fit the basic crap that current artists makes, and when she does make trendy music (The Cure) it's still A MILLION times beret than anyone else.Ā 

Ā 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JR Gg
30 minutes ago, Bordeciel said:

Okay Guys, I get this "artistic experience" thing.

But honestly, tell me you wouldn't have love heard her everywhere on Feels or This is what you came for by Calvin Harris or Perfect by Ed or Loyalty by Kendrick? And the list goes on and on... She's like the one big popstar that never does smashing duets... Songs that stays in the GP's mind except for Telephone which is 8 years old.

No. If she is not involved in the songwriting process whatsoever,Ā no.Ā :bye:

Bordeciel
1 minute ago, kaojen said:

Relevant artists of our times are nowhere near Gagas level.Ā 

She's an old soul that represents the lost art of the music ARTIST. She's a Cher in a world of Ariana Grandes, a Barbra Steisand when we have Carmen Cabello of whatever. The current artists of our times rarely wrote their own music and instead hire 5 to 8 people to write basic music.Ā 

But I'm used to it. Gaga is the only reason I was paying attention to pop music. All my fave music tends to be more indie or older because music is just better written. She just doesn't fit the basic crap that current artists makes, and when she does make trendy music (The Cure) it's still A MILLION times beret than anyone else.

Even if I recognize the work ethic in studio that Gaga has, I can't help but think that it's very close minded for nowadays, even more when the arguments are that "she's better so she don't have to act like the other" because if she was really this better, she would have a significative higher level of success and would release new musics on a more frequent basis.

We just have to look on the streaming era to see all the opportunities that there are for singers and how so much are capitalizing on releasing more songs, more duets and push boundaries about genres.

Gaga was at her debut a force of innovation, but her being this close minded into the studio and with other artist makes me feels like she'll turn into a has been, not only in her success but mostly in the music she could release.Ā 

From my little and uninmportant POV, Gaga should open her mind when it comes to duets, opportunities with new producers and taking part of the streaming era.. My only wish about her in 2018 is that she'll shut my mouth about that and prove me wrong.

MaryJaneHolland
19 minutes ago, DiamondFart said:

I doubt its a coincidence Telephone is her least favourite

When will people learn?Ā :selena:Ā It's the video, not the song. She said it was too complicated to shoot. If she hated the song, she wouldn't have done it on the freaking halftime show.

OT: I don't really care about other artists being featured on her songs, but she should totally do at least one collab between eras with relevant people. That way she'd still be on radio and streaming platforms without any effort. Not doing features obviously is hurting her commercial success.

MaryJaneHolland
15 minutes ago, kaojen said:

(The Cure) it's still A MILLION times beret than anyone else.Ā 

Let's not exaggerateĀ :selena:Ā 

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

No. If she is not involved in the songwriting process whatsoever,Ā no.Ā :bye:

Lol, what would that change for you? :rip:

We'd all eat up any **** she does, let's not have out heads in the clouds. :rip:Ā Ā 

It's new music ffs

PrinceGaga

Iā€™m thinking because sheā€™s picky. She needs someone on her wavelength and they are few and far between.Ā 

gabeoz
7 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

When will people learn?Ā :selena:Ā It's the video, not the song. She said it was too complicated to shoot. If she hated the song, she wouldn't have done it on the freaking halftime show.

OT: I don't really care about other artists being featured on her songs, but she should totally do at least one collab between eras with relevant people. That way she'd still be on radio and streaming platforms without any effort. Not doing features obviously is hurting her commercial success.

It was also the song, she said that it was a nightmare to produce and she didn't have much of a fun time doing it.

ShockPop

Think of it like sex.

Do you want to have lots of it with very little chemistry or hold out and have the kind where you just work as an experience?

ShockPop
Just now, gabeoz said:

It was also the song, she said that it was a very complicated thing to produce and she didn't have much of a fun time doing it.

No. That was getting the rights back after it was sold.

There's literally a video of her having a fun time producing it.

Runway
20 minutes ago, Bordeciel said:

Even if I recognize the work ethic in studio that Gaga has, I can't help but think that it's very close minded for nowadays, even more when the arguments are that "she's better so she don't have to act like the other" because if she was really this better, she would have a significative higher level of success and would release new musics on a more frequent basis.

We just have to look on the streaming era to see all the opportunities that there are for singers and how so much are capitalizing on releasing more songs, more duets and push boundaries about genres.

Gaga was at her debut a force of innovation, but her being this close minded into the studio and with other artist makes me feels like she'll turn into a has been, not only in her success but mostly in the music she could release.Ā 

From my little and uninmportant POV, Gaga should open her mind when it comes to duets, opportunities with new producers and taking part of the streaming era.. My only wish about her in 2018 is that she'll shut my mouth about that and prove me wrong.

What does mass producing songs have to do with her ability as a songwriter. :deadbanana:Ā 

Reality

I think it's because she's very particular about her music and who she has on a record. You're really asking two different questions here: "Do you want Gaga to collab more?" and "Why do you think she doesn't collab as often as other artists?"

To answer the first question, yes, of course, I'd want for her to collab more, and I think a lot of people here feelĀ the same way. I mean, Celine Dion practically offered Gaga a collaboration during New Year's and people here were elated about the possibilities that that could bring.

To answer the second question, I think it's mainly because she's very particular about who she considers working with. We should all know by now that Gaga takes her music and her art very seriously. She's explained this multiple times, but she wants to have a personal connection to whoever she's working with. She loathes the idea of some random artist (whether they're a huge pop star or an underground indie musician) just emailing her or texting her a verse without having a conversation with them, meeting them in person, and composing the songĀ face-to-face.Ā 

Unfortunately, and as some people have already pointed out, today's music industry is not really like that. There are a lot of people who care more about the money rather than the art (I'm talking generally here, so this includes both artists and the record labels controlling them). They really couldn't care less if they have a "personal connection" while making the music because it's not like that "personal connection" is going to make them millions or anything.Ā 

Gaga's always known for really taking care of and crafting her artwork and she wants to ensure that whoever she works with is just as dedicated, if not, more so, than she is. I think that's probably why she doesn't collaborate with a lot of today's more popular artists. I mean, with someone like Nicki (and this isn't any shade towards her or anything), she's like a feature on every other track. While I may be making some assumptions here, I highly doubt that she takes the time to sit down with whoever she's collaborating with and fleshes out the song, thinks of the composition, etc. etc. If anything, she probably just emails or texts them verse to whoever she's working with.Ā 

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, and I'm sure Gaga doesn't either, but it's just not her style of working. She prefers a much more authentic and genuine interaction between her and whoever she's collaborating with.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Archived