šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Past Gaga Image vs. Current Gaga Image

Oyster

Featured Posts

Oyster

So I've been contemplating this a lot recently and I wanted to ask you all for your opinions because I find this quite fascinating.

Do you guys prefer the public image of Lady Gaga in the past (say 2008-2014) or the more recent public image of Lady Gaga (2015-now)?

Essentially, this is the question. So there is absolutely no denying that Lady Gaga was THE popstar between the years 2008-2011 and also one of the most popular artists between 2012-2013. I mean, she was everywhere and constantly making #1's and influencing so many halloween costumes, billboard charts, always a trending topic with her outrageous performances and outfits, always on magazine covers. She was constantly talked about and the hype around her was surreal. However, with this tremendous public attention and success, there was a lot of hate. The name "Lady Gaga" would often mean something negative to many people just like how the name Taylor Swift gets reacted to now. Gaga was also at this time an extremely polarizing figure and many people would not take her seriously. They thought she was doing everything for attention, that she was not talented, that she was a man, that she was hideous, that she was a sell out and Madonna copycat who was a disgrace to music. Of course, not everyone thought this but public opinion was very mixed and a lot of people seemed to hate on her. So of course with incredible fame came incredible backlash and controversy.Ā  Ā 

Now, although Lady Gaga is still huge and everyone knows about her, she is less of a tremendous presence on the charts, she is less talked about, and she isn't the go to person when you think "current most famous person." Her songs, while stillĀ commercial and successful, are not the #1 songs of the year and not everyone knows every single lyric ofĀ hits off of Joanne. She is no longer a must-have at music awards shows and she isĀ no longer a crazy controversy. However, while less public attention is devoted to her now, the majority of the public has a very positive opinion on Lady Gaga. They respect her talent, compare her to greats such as Ella Fitzgerald and know of her talent in being a classically trained singer, a stellar pianist, and an astounding performer. She is no longer compared all the timeĀ to Katy Perry and Rihanna because she is considered to be on a whole other level of sophistication and talent. She is musically appreciated and very well received now, even though she isn't the it girl anymore.

So what do you prefer?

Would you rather have a gaga that is always #1, always talked about, always on people's minds, but that is also hated on, mocked, and attacked?

Or would you rather have a gaga that is more mellow in popularity but also be very respected and well received?

ProdigyARTPOP

I prefer sophistication and talent because when Gaga is in her 50s-90s she still be able to sell out venues for her talents and not for shock value or spectacleĀ 

TheSlash

I don't think #1 hits and respect by the GP erase each other. Imo she needed theĀ - as you said - "mellow in popularity" to show her true self to the public and get the respect she deserved years ago :staymad:. I hope 2018 will be as good as 2017 for her - or even better :pray:. She deserves both hit singles/albums and respectĀ :kara:Ā .

Ew, David!

LMSince2008
57 minutes ago, Oyster said:

rather have a gaga that is more mellow in popularity but also be very respected and well received?

THIS!

#2018radioisours

monketsharona

A mix of both : the creativity and visual of 2008Ā / 2011 (+2017) and the respect she won in 2017

I hope 2018 will be the start of a new successful and creative era that will be respected and acclaimedĀ 

I prefer now, mainly because she looks way more happy and radiant now, and it translates to her music and performances, and with the hate at its lowest ever, it just feels better to be a fan. (Plus Joanne is my fave album)

Divine

Well, she's huge before. The 'It Girl'
Now, she's kinda still big but not as before. Anyway, she's much happier now. That's what matters. :sara:Ā 

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

En_Sabah_Nur
2 hours ago, Adakam said:

it just feels better to be a fan.

Yes it does & ThankĀ God for that... Ā :sweat:

Ā 

Egypt. W

bloody g

Uuuuuuh it depends. I just love the looks. There are looks that are meh and looks that are SHOOKENING in both eras. I just find it said that she either has to be weird or normal, no in between.

怎šŸššš­šž šœššš§š§šØš­ š›šž šœš”ššš§š šžšć€

Ziggy

She's just not a firework anymore. She's made herself a mainstay which is important. Before that, she had to work tirelessly to get everyone's attention and keep it there. So theĀ attention she was getting wasn't genuine or sustainable. I prefer her tactics now because it's more manageable for a human, and helps maintain long-term success and security in her career. I mean, she's so talented that she'll never be as low as she was starting out, but we know she'll be comfortable now sans bad financial decisions which is nice.

Archived