šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would Aura been big as a lead?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

ARTPOP2
48 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Nope- thank god they chose Applause. I love Aura but it doesnā€™t make any sense outside of the context of the album.

I love Aura but it doesnā€™t make any sense outside of the context ofĀ the Paparazzi and Telephone trilogyĀ :lolga:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

Oh yeah - dope is SO commercialĀ :laughga:

Dope is a ballad with a swear word in it. :triggered:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

GypsyBabe

I think that it probably would not have done very well....:sure:

āšÆĶ›

The Child
2 hours ago, Censored said:

I'll say yes. Anything Gags has released that was consideredĀ too experimental for its time slayed hard, everytime she played it safe, she flopped.

But I'm camp DWUW (solo),Ā that should've been the lead, it would slay left and right, Dark Horse level. Ed ShhhĀ Love your body or whatever the **** that song is called level even.

Iā€™ll say it again and again, DWUW (solo) and then remixed with Xtine would have been a hugeĀ hit! EDM was fading away and urban music was starting to be ā€œinā€ in 2013, so DWUW would have been perfect.

ā€˜If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.ā€™ ā€˜Abduā€™l-BahĆ”

Javier Gallo

I think that Burqa (the demo version of Aura) would have been a great lead single, also a Telephone continuation on this song's video would have slayed the entire world. And let's face it.

Yes. And I'm talking about the version that leaked in August 2013.

For the radio, there could be a short EDM intro and this way we still get the full one minute intro on the album version.

This inĀ a huge video, a 5-6 minute longer version (Martin Garrix "Animals"-esqueĀ type) as the continuation of Telephone.

When the video endsĀ we see Gaga walking into Epione trying to change personality after all the crimes, saying "Why own the same face and get caught when you can own a new one instead?" and then THE END

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

3 hours ago, Sirius094 said:

Nah it would have flopped hard without a doubt, even worse than Perfect Illusion. Applause was a wise choice indeed, a radio-friendly song is always the best choice as lead single.

Finally Applause getting the 'lead single' praise it deserved.

She shouldā€™ve just filmed the music video and released it as a buzz single alongside Applause. It wouldā€™ve given the album more YouTube promo, but Applause couldā€™ve been the actual first single.

1. Applause | Aura (buzz single)

2. Venus

3. Do What U Want ft. Christina Aguilera (by then they wouldā€™ve recorded a different version than R.Kelly for radio)

4. Sexxx Dreams ft. Rihanna

5. Gypsy

Ā 

And like everyone said, itā€™s not radio friendly but they couldā€™ve cut the intro. The chorus is Ā godly.

BYE

LordEnigma
2 hours ago, kevindjibouti said:

Piano ballads were the absolute trend late 2013/early 2014. Plays weren't counted as sales back then boo, Dope DID sell that much and reached #8 for a reason... which is that the GP ate it like bread.

The streams from her performance at the YouTube Awards helped the song gain momentum on the chart - itā€™s on the Wikipedia page.Ā 

I never heard that song on the radio EVER and no one I know has heard it unless I showed them the album.

Its not because the GP ā€œloved it.ā€

Archived