💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would Aura been big as a lead?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

LordEnigma
43 minutes ago, Sailor said:

Too experimental. Probably the only song on the album that isn't commercial.

Oh yeah - dope is SO commercial :laughga:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
6 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

Applause was OK as a lead single, Do What U Want, or Gypsy would have done better. Dope for 2nd single.

Dope as the second single LMFAO 

2 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Dope as the second single LMFAO 

That was the trend back then + it peaked at #8 without being a single

LordEnigma
Just now, kevindjibouti said:

That was the trend back then + it peaked at #8 without being a single

What trend?

And it peaked because they counted ads as “plays” - don’t kid yourself

Trepadation
55 minutes ago, germanotyabitch said:

Aura was one of the more questionable tracks on AP in my opinion, reason being HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Besides HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it was a pretty good single because it was about how Gaga, or some other woman, doesn't do things for show, she has a real meaning behind them but that meaning is all deep inside her (behind the Aura:selena:) But I believe aura is also a bitch slap from the gates of Gaga screaming "DNT QUESTION ME U LIL C0CK SUCCR OR IMA BEAT UR ASS AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Where is your avi from?

3 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

What trend?

And it peaked because they counted ads as “plays” - don’t kid yourself

Piano ballads were the absolute trend late 2013/early 2014. Plays weren't counted as sales back then boo, Dope DID sell that much and reached #8 for a reason... which is that the GP ate it like bread.

Depends.

Telephone sequel video? For sure honey

Another scrapped music video ?

no

:trollga:

But for real, yeah it was a shot in the dark. Applause reception wasn't the best because critics said the song was a "safe choice" and even tho a safe choice, the numbers felt a little bittersweet at the first day.

For "Radio-Friendly" girls... the song was being played when it leaked in stations around the world cuz the world craved Lady Gaga. And it's not like she released something like "Million Reasons" which is SUPER RADIO FRIENDLY and still struggle to make the radios play it (they just picked it after the SB promo).

Radios aren't really her friend, and back then was the begin of the stream era... a really high budget video would probably make it a hit single. 

germanotyabitch
1 minute ago, Trepadation said:

Where is your avi from?

I can't remember 

gaga-japan-4.jpg

𝑔𝑒𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝓎𝒶𝒷𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ✌

55 minutes ago, Ladygagalover said:

Nope.

However, to build hype for ARTPOP and its proper lead single, it would have been cool to release the Aura MV on YouTube as the first release from ARTPOP. Can you imagine if Gaga came back with the Telephone continuation after her media blackout? That would have acted as a great introduction to ARTPOP and pushed a lot of attention to her YouTube channel. Then she could have debuted Applause as the lead single with a worldwide radio deal alongside the Kia commercial and had a bit more time to film a proper MV (even though I love its MV). Plus, she would’ve avoided the VMA fiasco and the Roar vs Applause fiasco. Alas, hindsight is always 20 20.

This!

I think thats most important thing gaga lacked in the past two eras! The song could serve one of her best visuals and create an amazing hype for the album.

I hope she focuses on that on LG6 as well not just the music. Music video industry needs her back 

giphy.gif

COME ON GAYS!!

One of her worst songs would definitely not have been big as a lead. Come for me

Applause is that BOP. Radio-friendly, catchy, great vocals and production with a great video.

ShockPop

It's a ridiculous song that should have a video. But a radio smash it ain't. I love it.

Lead from ARTPOP should always have been Gypsy.

FilthyPOP414
1 minute ago, notbrianeno said:

Aura was two years late to the edm party. "Gypsy" and "Dope" fit most in line with what was on radio at the time.

Just Dance wasn't the radio sound when it was released either, so kinda irrelevant to say that

Archived