Would Aura been big as a lead?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan
7 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

t isn't radio friendly or a commercial song at all.

Diamond Heart teas

Definitely not.

It's not really a radio friendly song and I'm happy she didn't release it.

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

FentyGa

My friend and I just discussed this, and we decided that there are two sides to it.
One hand, it would have been more indicative of the record. It's heavily EDM like some of the other tracks (G.U.Y, Venus, Mary Jane Holland) whereas Applause has a different sound when compared to the record as a whole. 
I believe Aura also has a more catchy chorus which could have added to its success, but the intro is definitely not single/radio-friendly.

On the other hand, the song is incredibly different to Gaga's previous works that it would confuse the public.

Illuminati

Gaga had barely any influence on the instrumental, it was a finished instrumental that they took from Infected Mushroom and reworked a little

And no it would have done worse cause although it's a great song it's really not suitable to be a single.

DelusionalGaga
Just now, sipthistea said:

2012-mtv-video-music-awards-nicki-minaj-

Iconic tweet

Queen of dissing Nicki and teasing lyrics to a song. We stan :tony:

I'll say yes. Anything Gags has released that was considered too experimental for its time slayed hard, everytime she played it safe, she flopped.

But I'm camp DWUW (solo), that should've been the lead, it would slay left and right, Dark Horse level. Ed Shhh Love your body or whatever the **** that song is called level even.

it wasn't laaaahv

I think it would've had LWYMMD type success, release it with a phenomenal/controversial music video, debut at #1, then fade away relatively quick as yeah it's not very radio friendly. 

LaLuna

Nope. Radio stations wouldn't have touched that song with a 10-foot stick. It's just not mainstream enough, which is part of what makes it so good IMO. 

LordEnigma

Nope- thank god they chose Applause. I love Aura but it doesn’t make any sense outside of the context of the album.

Archived