Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Debunking Lana Myths

AJK273

Featured Posts

Perfume
2 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

Gagging I had no idea Lana had her own DWUW scrapped teas video 

She has many! She mentioned she was doing videos for Cola, Dark Paradise, and there's an unreleased music video from 2010 entirely finished just never released. People assumed it was for the unreleased song Ooh Baby but it's just because she mentioned the title in the tweet that she mentions the video in, but she was saying she was finishing the song Ooh Baby. 

There were many scrapped parts in the West Coast music video that were removed due to heavy drug use (like heroin) in the scenes!

an angel held me like a child

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, One Sun said:

She has many! She mentioned she was doing videos for Cola, Dark Paradise, and there's an unreleased music video from 2010 entirely finished just never released. People assumed it was for the unreleased song Ooh Baby but it's just because she mentioned the title in the tweet that she mentions the video in, but she was saying she was finishing the song Ooh Baby. 

There were many scrapped parts in the West Coast music video that were removed due to heavy drug use (like heroin) in the scenes!

Can’t forget the video for Pretty When You Cry that she teased and never released  :grr: and I’m assuming she had a video for Brooklyn Baby because I recall there was a visual that went along with the teaser of the song. 

Perfume
Just now, Chrastapher said:

Can’t forget the video for Pretty When You Cry that she teased and never released  :grr: and I’m assuming she had a video for Brooklyn Baby because I recall there was a visual that went along with the teaser of the song. 

Oh yes, her best homemade video :giveup: Also the visuals for Brooklyn Baby were scrapped scenes from West Coast, IIRC! Though someone did say Lana had an idea for a BB video but never followed through with it. Speaking of ideas for videos, Lana had said recently she pitched an video idea for Change to directors but none wanted to do it. She said it Where The Wild Things Are-esque and featured nuclear weapons. Now she's doing a video for Cherry, apparently

6 minutes ago, One Sun said:

Oh yes, her best homemade video :giveup: Also the visuals for Brooklyn Baby were scrapped scenes from West Coast, IIRC! Though someone did say Lana had an idea for a BB video but never followed through with it. Speaking of ideas for videos, Lana had said recently she pitched an video idea for Change to directors but none wanted to do it. She said it Where The Wild Things Are-esque and featured nuclear weapons. Now she's doing a video for Cherry, apparently

I thought it was for Get Free not Change :duck: either way I would have wanted a video for either and The Whole  where the wild things are aesthetic would be life :giveup:. Cherry is a cute song but too short for a video :neyde:

Gagadonna
35 minutes ago, One Sun said:

There's nothing confirmed about if LDR5 was actually different in the beginning. We assume it did have a different title, though I'm doubting the legitimacy of that due to her stating Lust for Life was one of the earliest songs for the record and always meant to be the title track. Lana has also said that she wrote some of the "darker" songs first such as Get Free, Heroin, 13 Beaches (which was originally a song called Something Real) and then the election rolled around and she wrote songs like God Bless America, When The World Was At War, etc and then finally towards the very end she began wanting to bring her friends onto songs so we see Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, The Weeknd's parts on Lust for Life, etc. 

The earliest songs known for the record are Lust for Life, Beautiful People, and Wild One (which has not leaked). Lust for Life began with a different structure having the "take off, take off, take off all your clothes" part as actually a part of a verse and the whole song had a "Blade Runner" feeling to it. When she met with Max Martin, he suggested changing that part of the song to a chorus so they rewrote the song into a more pop sound and Lana called The Weeknd in for some parts in it. In the end they ended up with two products, a "beautiful ballad" (as said by the producer of the song, Rick Nowels) and the one we have now. 

Beautiful People first began as a solo demo done with Justin Parker, probably in the same sessions as Wild One since that's also done by him. With it eventually progressing into a duet with Stevie due to Rick Nowel's friendship with her. Stevie went in and had all of her parts done within 20 minutes and stayed with the team telling stories from the 70s, with much admiration from Lana. 

Get Free was also a very early song, with the original title being "Malibu", and it detailed Lana's career throughout the past 6 years. Lana felt it was too raw and deleted all of Malibu and rewrote the song entirely leaving it less open. She also left out the lines "For Amy and For Whitney" in the first verse of the song, though she has sung it live once. 

Lana said she showed A$AP four songs towards the end of the record's progress and he really loved Groupie Love the most so he chose that one to feature on, and I'm assuming Summer Bummer was another one of those song she showed him unless they already had that one done previously.

Change was a song that was done literally the day before the album was submitted to the label for completion, Lana came into the studio saying she wanted it on the record so her and Rick stayed up all night completing it and it was finished fast enough to make the cut.

Coachella was a song she wrote while heading back from Coachella 2017, she previewed the song in an Instagram post in April with the song coming about a month later in May!

Tomorrow Never Came was also a solo song in the beginning, with Lana's demo being very simplistic, consisting of an organ and another instrument i cant remember. She thought of Sean because of the Lennon and Yoko line and when asked if he'd want to feature on it he immediately said yes. Sean put in almost all the rest of the instruments into the song and when Lana heard she said it was perfect.

Love had to be completed by April 2016 since thats when a hoarder had gotten his hands on the song and tweeted lyrics to it. 

Best American Record was probably not included on the final tracklisting due to Yosemite also being scrapped due to it's too happy nature that Lana said she wasn't ready for, and with Best American Record being the ying to Yosemite's yang (Lana's words not mine) it was of course also taken out.  

Due to all of these things, I don't believe the album had changed that much. Just fans blaming people who posted Love and BAR early.

Thanks a lot! I understand it all better now. 

moonsago
1 hour ago, One Sun said:

Actually her most recent relationships (G-Eazy, Francesco, Barrie) were with men younger than her! Cougar queen.

One second I date daddies then suddently the daddy’s me 

Gagadonna

Did she say what Honeymoon was about? Its original concept, purpose, etc? This album is so beautiful yet such a mystery to me 

Ryusei

so many missed chances with all those unreleased videos. why is everyone so scared of controversies... 

Musery

Perfume
17 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

Did she say what Honeymoon was about? Its original concept, purpose, etc? This album is so beautiful yet such a mystery to me 

Rick Nowels revealed recently that right after Ultraviolence was done she told him she wanted to make a Jazz album so they began crafting up songs like Terrence Loves You and Religion! Eventually they created Honeymoon. She also said that the last song written was High By The Beach and she had trouble writing it since the label wanted a pop sounding song. She thought up the idea for the song since she drove by the ocean everyday!

Also she talked about Honeymoon right after UV was released in an interview saying she had an idea for it and was calling it Music To Watch Boys To, and would probably be a continuation of Ultraviolence. I still wonder if Lana still counts Honeymoon as that!

1 hour ago, One Sun said:

Omg Im having so much fun answering these questions. Do u have anymore?

What if anything have You heard about this being filmed? I have heard quick little nonsensical excuses for it or of it being made AND then the media got privy to it and tore it apart and then all involved denied involvement and I have never heard of Lana herself mentioning it. I think it was filmed for a music video and then when it was getting heat in the press, everyone wanted it to go away and not to have the attention on them.

Only Lana's scene, mind you.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Perfume
Just now, Sister said:

What if anything have You heard about this being filmed? I have heard quick little nonsensical excuses for it or of it being made AND then the media got privy to it and tore it apart and then all involved denied involvement and I have never heard of Lana herself mentioning it. I think it was filmed for a music video and then when it was getting heat in the press, everyone wanted it to go away and not to have the attention on them.

Only Lana's scene, mind you.

I think it was just for a short film type thing, Probably meant to have more of a meaning but never got to that stage and I'm glad they scrapped it.

2 hours ago, One Sun said:

Love had to be completed by April 2016 since thats when a hoarder had gotten his hands on the song and tweeted lyrics to it. 

Due to all of these things, I don't believe the album had changed that much. Just fans blaming people who posted Love and BAR early.

The shade to Eclipse right now

giphy.gif

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

2 hours ago, One Sun said:

Omg Im having so much fun answering these questions. Do u have anymore?

Legit thank you for clearing these up for me... I knew some vaguely but not all :selena: flop fan

1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

so many missed chances with all those unreleased videos. why is everyone so scared of controversies... 

Ever since her 2012 backlash her management have always been scared to take risks with her because she is so realistic 

Archived