💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New Billboard changes could negatively impact Gaga in the US

Klou

Featured Posts

but i'm sure she has a good team behind her and that they do it safe.

lately i think those number ones are gonna become one hit wonders. Gotye, Fun., Carly Rae Jepsen

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whiteboi1327

looks like we will have to request even harder when her single comes out :)

Is Spotify as big as it is in Scandinavia in US 2?

I'm not sure how big it is there, but it is pretty popular here in the US :yes: It is taken into account with the new streaming rules.

Isn't it meant to be a chart of what's most popular with the purchasing public in any given week? Why should airplay count at all unless it's only request shows. Just because radio plays it, doesn't mean anyone likes it.

This. I remember back in the MTN days...I was listening to the top 7 most requested songs of the day and Marry The Night was the second most requested song of the day, but only got 1 play in the entire day. The number 7 most requested song had 8 plays.

:huh: its for this reason I don't see why airplay is so relied upon for a song's success when it really is the stations DJ deciding what's being played.

oussamonster

It's not important to debut at #1, all that matters is that it does reach a good peak at the hot 100 or #1

Tommymonster44

Is Spotify as big as it is in Scandinavia in US 2?

Sort of. There are many people that use Spotify, but it is still minuscule compares the radio and iTunes giants. It is growing at a great pace and gaining a lot of popularity here, obviously enough to incorporate it into the Billboard Hot 100. However, the thing about America is that our charts and radio formats are massive. It's not like in other charts that songs just fly up and off the charts. Our formats are giant and slow moving. So while Spotify is growing, it'll take years of great growth to become big enough to be recognized as a reckonable source for basing a songs success off of. Right now it's still Chr/Pop radio, iTunes, and Billboard Position.

Guest nothere4that

For a moment ive just thought it was about that 0.99 cent issue that will avoid her getting good sales 4 next album.Thanks god it isnt.

aaronyoji

so basically, this rewards those who work less on making quality pop music and it hurts those who actually give a ****. welcome to my country. or should i say James Blunt-ry.

AbeTheBabe

It's hard to get radio support because they can only add so many few songs to their playlists.

It's frustrating honestly. Its like they're literally only allowed to play 10 songs in a given time period.

• 2 weeks later...
bumblebee

Boyfriend debuted at No.2 because "We Are Young" wasn't far from it in digital sales that week (more than 400.000 copies) and was at No.1 on Radio Songs. To overcome the song that was the most played song on the radio + with more than 400,000 copies sold "Boyfriend" had to sell around 700,000 copies actually )

Archived