PunkTheFunk 125,734 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte says he supports same-sex marriage Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has expressed his support for same-sex marriage, after previously declaring his opposition, in an about-face that may displease bishops in the mainly Roman Catholic country. Speaking at a gathering of LGBT people in his hometown Davao City, Mr Duterte vowed to protect the rights of homosexuals and invited them to nominate a representative to work in his government. "I said I am for [same-]sex marriage if that is the trend of the modern times," he said. "If that will add to your happiness, I am for it." Mr Duterte previously was quoted by local media as saying he was opposed to same-sex unions because marriage in the Philippines is only between a man and a woman. The President had brought up the gender issue in the past while attacking Western countries that allow it, especially those who criticise his brutal war on drugs. Many countries, mostly in Western Europe and the Americas, have already recognised same-sex unions. Catholic bishops in the Philippines, who also oppose Mr Duterte's bloody anti-narcotics campaign, have voiced concern over legalising same-sex marriage after his top ally in Congress vowed earlier this year to push for it. "Why impose a morality that is no longer working and almost passed," Mr Duterte said, in an apparent reference to traditional church teaching on the issue. "So I am with you." He asked the LGBT community to nominate a representative whom he could appoint to a government post, saying he needed "the brightest" to replace those he had recently fired over allegations of corruption. "You nominate somebody who is honest, hardworking. I give you until the second week of January to nominate," he said. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-18/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-says-he-supports-same-sex-marriage/9266962 ----- This is the same man who is accused of being a dictator by his own people, admires Trump, and said he'd kill his own son if he found out he was involved with drugs. Gaga's impact? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Avenues 4,370 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 Improvements... in Asia Ouch, My back hurts. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
duckworth 2,956 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 still don't like him tho. good but this wouldn't cover his misconducts and killings. plus he just had his granddaughter have a photoshoot in the presidential house which by is illegal as stated by the law he actually stated this as well during his campaign. glad he's keeping that promise up.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LePetitGAGABLover 21,234 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 I was def. not expecting this I'm actually SHOOK Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Neight Shayde 7,925 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 The Anti-Discrimination Bill (protects the rights of LGBTQ+ citizens in the country) isn't even law yet.... this is purely selective surface-level pandering. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
McMonster08 4,528 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 I'll take it with a grain of salt 'Cause you're hot then you're cold You're yes then you're no You're in then you're out You're up then you're down Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pacify Him 9,073 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 He does not admire Trump but I literally am: so accurate I’m getting on your nerves Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PunkTheFunk 125,734 Posted December 18, 2017 Author Share Posted December 18, 2017 5 minutes ago, MetalliGa said: He does not admire Trump https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/13/you-are-the-light-philippines-duterte-sings-love-song-for-trump Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GREENHighLIGHTS 688 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 well im from Philippines & i'm glad that he's our president if you dont like him please respect him rather. Philippines is much safer to live now than before. Those killings, some of those were done by his enemies just to sabotage him & the paid media also. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
duckworth 2,956 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 Just now, GREENHighLIGHTS said: well im from Philippines & i'm glad that he's our president if you dont like him please respect him rather. Philippines is much safer to live now than before. Those killings, some of those were done by his enemies just to sabotage him & the paid media also. I feel violated and disgusted with this reply. Delete this fat Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GREENHighLIGHTS 688 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 9 minutes ago, Pinocchio said: I feel violated and disgusted with this reply. Delete this fat why should i?it's my opinion bessshhhh Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
duckworth 2,956 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 Just now, GREENHighLIGHTS said: why should i?it's my opinion bessshhhh I respect your opinion but c’mon. Do you really this is all made up by the media and the “dilawan”? Spoiler Lost my cool earlier sorry.. no badblood.mp3 here Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GREENHighLIGHTS 688 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 6 minutes ago, Pinocchio said: I respect your opinion but c’mon. Do you really this is all made up by the media and the “dilawan”? Hide contents Lost my cool earlier sorry.. no badblood.mp3 here its just my observations and if that's your opinion well I'll just respect that, just respect mine as well. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
duckworth 2,956 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 Just now, GREENHighLIGHTS said: its just my observations and if that's your opinion well I'll just respect that, just respect mine as well. Okay. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fingerella 3,170 Posted December 18, 2017 Share Posted December 18, 2017 Yasssss! I can get married to an afam in my country without leaving Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.