Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Deadpool will stay R rated at Disney, says CEO

sarahb

Featured Posts

sarahb

"As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine," says the CEO.

Disney is ready and willing to get into the R-rated movie business – if the branding is right.

In a call with media following Disney's acquisition of 21st Century Fox, Iger addressed the future of Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds' raunchy and lucrative R-rated Marvel franchise at Fox.

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine." 

Fox has had big success over the past two years with R-rated Marvel movies. Deadpool, released in 2016, became the top-grossing X-Men movie ever with $783 million worldwide, while this year's Logan was a commercial and critical success, with $616 million worldwide. Both have been credited with helping revitalize the superhero genre by giving audiences something new.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651

Thought I'd put this in it's own thread since a lot of people have been worried about it.

sarahb
24 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

"Might" :emma:

They will if they like money.

Anyway I interpreted it as there might be a brand for Marvel R-rated films, not that Deadpool might be R rated but I could've read it wrong. 

FFXSoul91

I don't know why people are worried about it. ABC has been owned by Disney for years and Olivia Pope smashed someone's brains out with a chair.

Archived