Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

All artists are worthy.

Ronk

Featured Posts

40 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Some are worthless and talentless.

Anything that spreads hate and negativity is bad.  Gaga tries to never say negative things, but when asked in an interview about homophobia in rap music, she indicated she is totally against that and that it's just wrong.

Compare with the rap artist Logic, one of the performers at that concert.  One of the 16 songs I posted was his, and it has a beautiful message.  Logic is all about peace, love, and positivity, and he made sure everybody understood that throughout his time on stage.  In fact, he even asked the audience to repeat those three words; peace, love, and positivity.  He is all about helping others and saving lives.

Interesting that on the way to the concert, on the Philadelphia subway, another rapper was walking through the cars preaching the exact same thing ... peace, love, and positivity.  He is Jody Yobro, and can be found on the internet.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Doot said:

Well, I post a weekly music thread, with three songs each week, in an attempt to get people to discover new music. Plus I talk about it all the time 

I will definitely check out those threads.  Thanks for pointing them out.

15 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

No....not all are. 

There is a separation of what makes you a great artist if you have vision, talent, and continuous growth in how you express it.

Most artists these days play "safe" allow others to mold their image and sound with very little input besides being a face to a brand a label and team have created for profit. 

Very few have the raw talent, the vision, and integrity to stand by ehat they believe and create.

Being famous and having a fanbase doesn't mean your talented...it means your popular.

I'm a very picky listener and don't submit to "cheap tunes" and tricks to get me to like a particular person be cause of majority following or mass appeal.

I understand.  I think each person has their own interpretation of the word "artist" just like they do of the word "legend".  I think many define artist as anyone who writes or performs music, no matter the level of talent.  Others have a much narrower view of the term. 

But I think they are deserving because no matter how untalented they may seem to many, there are still people who enjoy and are inspired by them.  However, as @Gypsy Life points out, there is a limit; spreading hate, violence, homophobia, and negativity is wrong.  Even Gaga makes that distinction, but I don't think she would drag someone for being untalented.

23 hours ago, Doot said:

Well, I post a weekly music thread, with three songs each week, in an attempt to get people to discover new music. Plus I talk about it all the time 

I listened to all the songs in your Songs of the Week threads.  They introduced me to music I did not know.  I consider the songs mild, pleasant, not edgy, but enjoyable.  I never heard any of the songs before.  In fact, I never heard of any of the artists before.  But your threads fit right into the meaning of the OP in this thread.  There are so many artists that make music that people enjoy, and that, in itself, makes those artists worthy of respect for what they do.  Not everybody is into that style of music, but for those that are, those artists make happy.  :golfclap:

22 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I consider the songs mild, pleasant, not edgy, but enjoyable. 

LOL, I try to play it safe with this site with the choices. I worry no one will like the weird **** :sweat:

But I appreciate you at least taking the time to check them out!

Archived