💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why do you dislike Ed?

Blond

Featured Posts

sipthistea

I kind of liked his songs when he was new. I really like Lego House and Sing. 

But he's become very arrogant about his status in the music industry, just because he had a #1 with that Sia rip off.

But of course, he's a very talented guy. He just needs his flop era and distance himself from the queen of snakes, and maybe he'll be humble and down to earth again. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SychosSoChic

I for one will not celebrate mediocrity.

45 minutes ago, Blond said:

racist alert :O

Kiiiiii

tumblr_p0o665nOKe1u6n38po1_250.gif

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

48 minutes ago, Stan Is My Name said:

you think everythings racist lmao :giggle:

And how would it have been received if it was "black mediocre music" instead?

it wasn't laaaahv

1 hour ago, Blond said:

racist alert :O

yes i am racist for calling his music white. i am prejudicing white people by calling his music white, and i think any other music is superior because i called his music white.

trying too hard?

I like dancin', and ponies....

6 minutes ago, Sunny said:

yes i am racist for calling his music white. i am prejudicing white people by calling his music white, and i think any other music is superior because i called his music white.

trying too hard?

You are acting ridiculous and just need to stop. The attention you are obviously seeking is just going to get you reported. 

StrawberryBlond

He's got talent but not super talent. What he does has been done before and has been done since. But the world goes nuts for it because "normal, humble guy with an acoustic guitar" covers so many bases - the teen girl market (who think he's cute and wish their boyfriends could write songs for them like his), the teen boy market (who can relate to his songs about girls and wish they could write a song like his in order to get into girls pants), the mum market (who think he's a sweet young man and thinks his music is romantic), the dad market (who like that he plays instruments and doesn't make synthy pop) and every other market in between. And I think it's the ease of which he controls these bases and keeps their loyalty annoys a lot of us pop fans. The pop world is fickle and keeping loyalty is hard. But the likes of Ed just does it effortlessly even though he's made the same album 3 times over and the most he's ever changed is adding a slight pop feel to some of his songs. This is pretty annoying when you consider that pop females get lambasted if they so much as have a lead single that sounds like their last big hit (think Ariana with Focus) and are criticised for not developing their music or relying too much on the same old tricks. The music world is favouring males right now and that's making a lot us pop fans more than a bit tetchy.

A few other factors are...his music is all over the place - on the radio, in commercials, live performances. Shape Of You has been one of the biggest hits of the year to the point where many have got sick of it and every song, including bonus tracks, that he released off his new album went top top 20 in UK and Ireland on its debut week, meaning he's been ridiculously overexposed. And yes, his arrogance has really got the better of him, with him making shady comments in interviews about other artists who have crashed and burned because they didn't know how to play the game right and so on. And he has seemed so desperate for a hit as of late, releasing so many remixes of already successful songs. I think also there's some criticism of his lyrical content in the sense that he seems to like shaming women for not being the perfect girl for him but whoever his current girlfriend is gets exalted in his romantic tracks. It's like one minute, he's a slut shamer and the next, he's a knight in shining armour. It's hard to believe the latter's true when you're thinking so much of the former.

48 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I used to like him when he was a humble newcomer artist. But the more fame he gained the more arrogant and annoying he became. I remember him talking about how Adele is his only competition in terms of selling records. Or how he said that it was so easy to hook up with models from Taylor's squad. And being a fan of Ellie Goulding I didn't like him slutshaming her in "Don't". 

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I'm surprised that he didn't think Taylor (you know, his friend), Justin and Beyonce were competition, considering the amazing eras they've had recently. Just naming Adele smacked of arrogance. And I'm glad that you saw that eyebrow-raising part of the interview where he talked about hooking up with some of Taylor's friends. That there were "so many opportunities for it" and that some mornings, he'd wake up, look over and think: "How did that happen?" Sure, he didn't name the girls, but that was some grade A chauvinism there. It was like something a teenage boy would say and at 26, he should have grown out of immature bragging. And what with all the sexual assault allegations being filed recently, his admission that some of these encounters were so easy to do and likely involved a drunken tryst really left a bad taste in my mouth. And yeah, I actually like Don't (as a big guilty pleasure) and I understand why he was annoyed with Ellie but I could totally get the issue of how he went about it. Sure, he didn't actually call her names or make explicit references to sex (I mean, rappers go all out when they diss an ex) but it still came off all a bit too harsh and personal even so. You know if this were a woman doing it, she'd have got a lot more hate.

Stan Is My Name
22 minutes ago, Censored said:

I would've given the same reaction lol

Haroon is coming to kill me D:

SychosSoChic
12 minutes ago, Sunny said:

trying too hard?

And they say the liberals on this site are too sensitive :green:

26 minutes ago, Censored said:

I mean let's call it what it is sis...

Mainstream Rap Music in 2017 (excl. Bodak Yellow) :giggle:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

datlastfam
48 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

And tagged a fan account instead of the real Ed Sheeran

420969B900000578-0-image-m-68_1499210906

So it doesn't count :madge:

Nnnnnnnn i forgot about that :cryga::air: 

Luzaleja

I don't really care for him or his music, tbh. He is not untalented, though. There's a couple of his old songs I like, but I just don't see the appeal for the rest. I also haven't really read or heard anything about him so I don't have an opinion about him as a person either. I do feel like he is everywhere and it's a bit annoying when I want to listen to something else :gaycat:

LM's shade a lot of artists, lol. I just ignore it. :giggle:

25 minutes ago, SychosSoChic said:

And they say the liberals on this site are too sensitive :green:

I mean let's call it what it is sis...

Mainstream Rap Music in 2017 (excl. Bodak Yellow) :giggle:

That is one thing but attaching a color to it is another. :emma: And Eminem is releasing soon anyway.

it wasn't laaaahv

I dislike his voice, I dislike his passive-aggressive ****boyish songs, I dislike how he looks, I dislike the cocky attitude that just doesn't go with him. Shape of You is overrated.

@Ed, sincerely

giphy.gif

it wasn't laaaahv

49 minutes ago, Doot said:

You are acting ridiculous and just need to stop. The attention you are obviously seeking is just going to get you reported. 

What attention? He is the one calling people racist :smh:

I like dancin', and ponies....

Jewels n Drugs

I dont like nor dislike him. Hes just not an artist i check for tbh. Like 90% of popular music :air:

Edit: also ive never heard a full song from him :emma:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Archived