Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

vinster13
Just now, teawhore said:

yeah, ARTPOP deserves recognition as an era to remember, but it could;ve had more

but I think with the mess gaga matured as an artist and finally realized to act before you speak

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teawhore
20 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I am calling the police. 

why?

♡ nyc ♡

teawhore
13 minutes ago, Solitaiire said:

Wow, i really do feel the same way. While I like ARTPOP I feel like it's just a bunch of songs shoved in a rushed album

it's kind of messy that way

it bars the listener from being able to completely immerse themselves

the tracklist is great tho

♡ nyc ♡

theahsfan
7 minutes ago, teawhore said:

Ooh thanks for the interest:hor:

I have mixed opinions on ARTPOP. It has many great, addictive bops on it but it still feels like Gaga's most inauthentic album and I never quite understood what ARTPOP meant to her (it could mean anything:giggle:). She was acting as if ARTPOP was the manifestation of some kinda spirtitual awakening she had or as if it were some divine concept that could only be understood by "real fans" but at the end of the day it was just experimental EDM. Sure, there were a few songs that actually are more heartfelt like Dope and Swine sort of, but for the rest it feels like she was inspired by everyday objects (this is reflected in the scrapped tracks such as TEA). I bet she'd see a photo frame and she'd have written a song for it.. "I've had too much to eat, my bowels are imploding, please just take this photo and get in my photo frame! Ph-ph-ph-oto frame! Feel my love!", like it just feels as though none of the songs mean anything and she mass produced a load of trashy songs about random objects. But oh well, I still bop to ARTPOP a lot, so I can't really complain:emma:

teawhore
3 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

I, for one, believe completely in Gaga's vision

yas

♡ nyc ♡

teawhore
6 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Ooh thanks for the interest:hor:

I have mixed opinions on ARTPOP. It has many great, addictive bops on it but it still feels like Gaga's most inauthentic album and I never quite understood what ARTPOP meant to her (it could mean anything:giggle:). She was acting as if ARTPOP was the manifestation of some kinda spirtitual awakening she had or as if it were some divine concept that could only be understood by "real fans" but at the end of the day it was just experimental EDM. Sure, there were a few songs that actually are more heartfelt like Dope and Swine sort of, but for the rest it feels like she was inspired by everyday objects (this is reflected in the scrapped tracks such as TEA). I bet she'd see a photo frame and she'd have written a song for it.. "I've had too much to eat, my bowels are imploding, please just take this photo and get in my photo frame! Ph-ph-ph-oto frame! Feel my love!", like it just feels as though none of the songs mean anything and she mass produced a load of trashy songs about random objects. But oh well, I still bop to ARTPOP a lot, so I can't really complain:emma:

ok im totally tagging you in everything now yass yass YASS

♡ nyc ♡

PeachJug
11 minutes ago, teawhore said:

WE'RE #2 ON TRENDING I LOVE YOU ALL

:OOO Should i keep replying? lol

teawhore
4 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

:OOO Should i keep replying? lol

YASSS

♡ nyc ♡

Florian
31 minutes ago, teawhore said:

WE'RE #2 ON TRENDING I LOVE YOU ALL

Obviously with the try hard double posts :laughga: 

teawhore
2 minutes ago, Florian said:

Obviously with the try hard double posts :laughga: 

lmao true

♡ nyc ♡

ARTPOP2
1 hour ago, teawhore said:

I honestly think that ARTPOP could've been better musically. It feels like Gaga invented some really big avant-garde and very interesting concept but that couldn't reach its full potential. It serves looks, high art, technology but was kinda "less thought" musically. After that being said, ARTPOP is my favorite album of all time. I love its songs, the lyrics the music the art! And after listening to it for four years I wouldn't xhange a thing in the tracklist. I think that all these songs belonged to ARTPOP at different degrees. I mean songs like Dope and Gypsy related less to the artistic experimental side of ARTPOP. In contrast, songs like the title track and Aura really live up to the concept. So yeah that's the TEA.mp3 

I love ARTPOP ❤

Lord Temptation

ARTPOP the album is like the album cover, like the experience itself. Chopped up, dissected, stitched together, inverted. It all makes sense. But only in a meta kind of way.

Archived