Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

Magneto
20 hours ago, teawhore said:

The fact that it ends

- teawhore & mrmeela ♡

Fixed:awkney:

Free my mind

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cassidyfal

Music albums aren't supposed to tell a full story, its a collection of songs. Some songs may be written from years before. Music is music, not every thing has a meaning lol ily

giskardsb

Pop fans seem to want everything clean and smooth.  Planned out albums with planned out  singles targeted to current top 40 radio trends to generate hits with planned out promo campaigns and perfectly planned video releases, sending their popstar to planned out success and fans feeling good about their choice of popstar to stan.

The real world isn't that nice.  It's unpredictable and chaotic.  An individuals environment changes, relationships change, mental and physical health changes, desires and goals change, and other things too.  

ARTPOP is a perfect reflection of the realities of Gaga's life at the time.  Depressed, Chaotic, Energized, Combative, Disjointed, Empowering, Reflective..... it's all in there.  When I listen to an artist, I want their work to reflect themselves, their feelings, their fears, desires, etc.   I want their work to be an extension of them.  Not just product produced to satisfy the top 40 radio market.  So for me, that makes ARTPOP a very valuable piece of Gaga's catalog, and much more interesting in it's chaos than any perfectly planned pop release would have been.

I have to admit I expected something more experimental from the ARTPOP project. 

I mean, I love ARTPOP as an album (except Jewels N' Drugs & Dope, don't come for me, thanks :gum:), but as you said, it didn't achieve what it was supposed to really be. 

giskardsb
1 hour ago, ImmortalPop said:

I mean, I love ARTPOP as an album (except Jewels N' Drugs & Dope, don't come for me, thanks :gum:), but as you said, it didn't achieve what it was supposed to really be. 

I like J&D, but my theory still is that some label manager said "we need you to make a pop song featuring a rapper" and Gaga was like "hold my beer...." 

teawhore
1 hour ago, ImmortalPop said:

I have to admit I expected something more experimental from the ARTPOP project. 

i agree and I LOVE YOUR NAME AND AVI YASS

♡ nyc ♡

Ariana Grindr
23 hours ago, teawhore said:

i said i loved them babe

they just don't fit the album

ARTPOP was about her doing what she wanted the **** to do and letting others think and or say whatever the **** they wanted to say so DWUW fits the album perfectly and you’re in the wrong and you lose:bon:

teawhore
Just now, ECORONA said:

ARTPOP was about her doing what she wanted the **** to do and letting others think and or say whatever the **** they wanted to say so DWUW fits the album perfectly and you’re in the wrong and you lose:bon:

i get that actually

the last part makes your claim a little less serious, but i actually didn't know that

♡ nyc ♡

Ariana Grindr
Just now, teawhore said:

i get that actually

the last part makes your claim a little less serious, but i actually didn't know that

Ok maybe I came on way too strong but did you follow the entire era? Did you absorb the whole sentiment of the album? 

“**** you pop music! This is ARTPOP!!””

*vomits on you*

teawhore
8 minutes ago, ECORONA said:

Ok maybe I came on way too strong but did you follow the entire era? Did you absorb the whole sentiment of the album? 

“**** you pop music! This is ARTPOP!!””

*vomits on you*

I get the point

But imaging if she was feeling good about herself, but angry with the world.

With a clear sober mind, and good time and thinking space.

It would have been a supernova that would define music for decades.

♡ nyc ♡

...I think Dope fits perfectly. Just as Gaga described it, the album is an adrenaline rush, but then at the end of the party after all the fun and drugs and mindless sex and debauchery, you're alone. To me, Dope saved the album from being a one-note perspective. From Dope we get that, "oh ****, life's not just a party. You can't just get strung out." because when you're not, when the high dies down, you're alone and need to get high again to fight it. Dope, to me, is about the importance of mindfulness and of managing your sobriety because you can't run from your problems like issues of love and joy and self-fulfillment and pain. The album takes you through the high of running then down with Dope before she can be happy in love on Gypsy. It makes logical sense to me especially when you listen in one sitting because if you're raging you're *tired* by the time you get to Dope. You break down from the relentless rage and that's when you feel and then after you can be happy. Idk that's just my take on why it's there. I do think ARTPOP did not turn out as she liked or to its potential, but I don't think Dope's inclusion is what did that or contributed.

Sidenote: I think, tied with DWUW, it has the best production hands down on ARTPOP. It is so perfectly balanced to the song and so carefully arranged. She, Rick, and Paul did a fantastic job with it.

hausofbrice
10 hours ago, Ziggy said:

...I think Dope fits perfectly. Just as Gaga described it, the album is an adrenaline rush, but then at the end of the party after all the fun and drugs and mindless sex and debauchery, you're alone.

yeah this is actually a perfect way to think about how Dope fits in with ARTPOP

it's like that moment after the chaos where everything is calm and sincere

xoxo, brice ♡

teawhore
7 hours ago, itsbriceidk said:

yeah this is actually a perfect way to think about how Dope fits in with ARTPOP

it's like that moment after the chaos where everything is calm and sincere

how is dope calm and sincere? it’s a ballad about how she’s breaking inside and shes pleading for help. i think gypsy is the calm and happiness after the storm

♡ nyc ♡

hausofbrice
24 minutes ago, teawhore said:

how is dope calm and sincere?

It's quiet and emotional and she's being honest with her fans after an album of partying

xoxo, brice ♡

Archived