Jump to content
A Star Is Born - Pre-order
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
news

Full Q&A with Bradley Cooper on 'A Star is Born'

Featured Posts

PerfectIllusion
3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

A little of both. Not really anything too “theater” like a Disney film where they burst into these big numbers. The music works organically so, like, she’ll hum to herself on the street, sing an acapella of this in a parking lot to Bradley, write a song at the piano, etc. It’s mostly actual performances, though. A cool thing, though, is hearing her songs through radios or speakers in the film.

Take what Bradley said to heart, it’s working to be authentic first and foremost.

Can you tell me what is she singing in this scene? It looks very theatrical.

lady-gaga-on-the-set-of-a-star-is-born-i

lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-set-in-los-ange

4133CBDE00000578-4582088-image-a-51_1496

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ziggy
55 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

Can you tell me what is she singing in this scene? It looks very theatrical.

lady-gaga-on-the-set-of-a-star-is-born-i

lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-set-in-los-ange

4133CBDE00000578-4582088-image-a-51_1496

That's her opening scene and I think it's an older song. Look through the older movies as I have a feeling it's a bit of a throwback to one of those songs? It sounds like a Judy Garland-type song. Or if it isn't she sings it like her and it's my favorite vocal performance from her in the movie. Only downside is it lasts about 10 seconds. That's not to say she isn't great elsewhere (shes kills it), just the richness and classic old Hollywood sound here hits me hard as I love old Hollywood musical numbers. Also of note, she doesn't sing like "Gaga" in this movie. She altered her style to fit the character.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiamondAngel
10 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Power ballad-y. Springsteen-like, but somber Springsteen not TEOG bombastic Springsteen. I'd say it's more akin to The River (a fantastic song of his btw).

Are there any songs in the vein of TEOG? 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obman

The Shallow was amazing live. Her voice was so powerful singing it, she didn't even need a mic for everyone to hear her. Hopefully the feeling was captured accurately on film. :grr:

  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
VintageGlam
2 hours ago, PerfectIllusion said:

Can you tell me what is she singing in this scene? It looks very theatrical.

lady-gaga-on-the-set-of-a-star-is-born-i

lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-set-in-los-ange

4133CBDE00000578-4582088-image-a-51_1496

The Man That Got Away :P :p :P 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
VintageGlam
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

That's her opening scene and I think it's an older song. Look through the older movies as I have a feeling it's a bit of a throwback to one of those songs? It sounds like a Judy Garland-type song. Or if it isn't she sings it like her and it's my favorite vocal performance from her in the movie. Only downside is it lasts about 10 seconds. That's not to say she isn't great elsewhere (shes kills it), just the richness and classic old Hollywood sound here hits me hard as I love old Hollywood musical numbers. Also of note, she doesn't sing like "Gaga" in this movie. She altered her style to fit the character.

So true. I was on set and she sang in a very pop Britney style vs her normal. 

  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ziggy
1 hour ago, DiamondAngel said:

Are there any songs in the vein of TEOG? 

Do you mean in a pop sense? Nope. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ziggy
41 minutes ago, GagaHairBible said:

The Man That Got Away :P :p :P 

That one! I looked up the songs after I responded to this person and this was that. She sounds fantastic singing it.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rifek

Mark Ronson posted on his IG story that he's excited about The Shallow in ASIB :excited2:

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChavaWM

Imagine The Shallow containing the Deep Blue lyrics!

Shallow = water = deep blue

I feel like a reacher now

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster
13 hours ago, theahsfan said:

Joanne outtake confirmed.. "The Shallow"

ASIB is Joanne B-Side...mess :saladga:

Edited by TimisaMonster
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrothaGaga
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

That one! I looked up the songs after I responded to this person and this was that. She sounds fantastic singing it.

WAIT SHE DID?!?!?! that was my favorite song from the movie oh my god

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
doppelganger

“ ...a soundtrack of original songs Cooper crafted with Germanotta, Mark Ronson, Jason Isbell, and Lukas Nelson.”

i’m so down for this!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GagzDonkeyD
3 hours ago, GagaHairBible said:

So true. I was on set and she sang in a very pop Britney style vs her normal. 

Cancelled omg :madge:

I want big old Hollywood broadway vocal Gaga not some whispering Britney :awkney:

  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×