A Star Is Born
news

Full Q&A with Bradley Cooper on 'A Star is Born'

Featured Posts

retrophyyysical

Full Q&A on EW. Songwriters/one song name from the soundtrack revealed. 

What’s a standout track or one you’re particularly proud of her for contributing?
There’s a moment when Jackson first brings Ally on stage that feels like something very special. It’s a song [Stefani] had written with Mark Ronson called “The Shallow.” The song Jason Isbell wrote for Jackson became the staple, the sword with which a lot of the music spawned from me. And he sent that early on in the demo through Dave Cobb, who’s a producer out of Nashville I worked with, who was fantastic–especially in creating the aesthetic of Jackson’s instruments.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/06/lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-first-look/

• Like 4
  • Shook 3

Ziggy

TRUE. I saw the prescreening (the thread is somewhere) and The Shallow was the obvious standout to me. It's a fantastic song that actually could have been on Joanne by the sound of it.

• Like 17
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

LetsGetHigh

"Mark Ronson"

"Producer from Nashville"

You need to put a trigger warning, you know these little delulus on here. Can't wait for the meltdowns tho :excited2:

Edited by LetsGetHigh
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 6

Gardevoir
1 minute ago, retrophyyysical said:

It’s a song [Stefani] had written with Mark Ronson called “The Shallow.”

More Daddy Ronson I live :tony: 

bN0LjzQ.gif

🎃 Happy Gagaween 🎃 | Oh’ The taste of your lips I'm on a ride, You're TM06 I'm slippin' under
  • Like 25

Avenues

TheShallow.mp3 here we go! :tony:

Living in a gloomy world after an infinite dream.
  • Like 2

theahsfan
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

TRUE. I saw the prescreening (the thread is somewhere) and The Shallow was the obvious standout to me. It's a fantastic song that actually could have been on Joanne by the sound of it.

I can't wait.. how else would you describe it?

Ziggy
1 minute ago, theahsfan said:

I can't wait.. how else would you describe it?

Power ballad-y. Springsteen-like, but somber Springsteen not TEOG bombastic Springsteen. I'd say it's more akin to The River (a fantastic song of his btw).

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 8
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

theahsfan
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Power ballad-y. Springsteen-like, but somber Springsteen not TEOG bombastic Springsteen. I'd say it's more akin to The River.

Omg I love The River, so excited now

• Love 2

Vodka

That song, is phenomenal. If I remember correctly, this is the song she sings sorta with the band first, and then kills it on stage by herself at least a few lines. I heard some of it live, and ohmygod. Breathtaking 

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 6
  • Shook 1

djBuffoon

Stefani was adamant about that: she said, ‘We have to record everything live,’ and I’m so glad she did. 

Atta girl!

• Like 9
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 1

Ziggy
6 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Omg I love The River, so excited now

Tbh I thought it was one of her better written songs of the past few years. Pretty relatable. and hearing she did it with Ronson I'm surprised it wasn't on Joanne as I think it fits the overall folksy tone better than other songs like CTM or Hey Girl (both of which I love, but sonically they stick out a lot). Maybe it just wasn't done in time for the album

Edited by Ziggy

Luzaleja

God, I'm so excited. :giveup: May feels so far away :selena: And who knows if it will even get to my country as soon as it's out :selena:

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1