Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

Lextyr97
1 minute ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

she never said no to what we chose to do together agaain im not supporting im just not canceling her until theres more proof

Yeah she said she never said no to what they chose to do together. Doesn't mean she said yes either. Why couldn't Melanie just say that Timothy agreed to what they had instead of making it so... vague I guess :oprah:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs
Just now, TylerBR97 said:

Yeah she said she never said no to what they chose to do together. Doesn't mean she said yes either. Why couldn't Melanie just say that Timothy agreed to what they had instead of making it so... vague I guess :oprah:

i think the wording was a DIRECT response to timothys letter, where the KEY part is that she said no out loud multiple times. so imo she was directly responding to that part of the letter by saying she never said no

DaddyFranco

She tries to look like a good girl who just wanted to have fun :bon: well girl, the fun is coming :lolly::reductive:

Lextyr97
Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

i think the wording was a DIRECT response to timothys letter, where the KEY part is that she said no out loud multiple times. so imo she was directly responding to that part of the letter by saying she never said no

Really? Cause I thought the main point was that Timothy was raped. So instead of addressing the one conclusion people came to from that letter, Melanie is going to address one part of it. Again, why on EARTH wouldn't Melanie directly deny the allegation, ESPECIALLY for damage control, if it wasn't true? 

KingRedd

Wait this one is difficult. Timothy and Melanie were having a lesbian experience? I’m guessing Timothy is of age. If they both were doing it then this shouldn’t be labeled as rape. We need to know the details, awkward, But the details will show us the truth If Timothy never said no and also went along with it aka did things back to Melanie than this is not rape. Touchy situation. 

May I Read You? 😎

ZiggyZiggs
18 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Really? Cause I thought the main point was that Timothy was raped. So instead of addressing the one conclusion people came to from that letter, Melanie is going to address one part of it. Again, why on EARTH wouldn't Melanie directly deny the allegation, ESPECIALLY for damage control, if it wasn't true? 

Dude, it makes it rape cuz she said no multiple times. That’s Literally the main point of the whole thing . Consent. did she consent? Did she not? We’re just taking them for their word. We don’t know anything for sure. You’re just speculating at this point. And that’s all we can do until the truth comes out 

ryanripley
1 hour ago, JamesFox said:

How is it a mistake if Timothy consented? No one knows the truth expect them. 

but timothy didn't consent

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

thatfoxyfeeling
7 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

but timothy didn't consent

How do you know? I’m not defending Melanie but no one knows what’s the truth just yet nor might we ever. I would just hate to think that this accusation has been made up because the damage has been done. 

MonsterPaws
6 hours ago, JR Gg said:

So, she's not denying what she did. Just implicitly implying that Timothy didn't say 'no'. Well, this isn't a response at all :awkney:

You either say no it didn't happen or apologise for your mistakes :emma:

Exactly.

At first I wanted to stay unbiased as with the other exposés going on, but here (along with Harvey) is when I side with the victim.

This is disgusting. You could still say yes to something and not be in consent.

Melanie is over for me. So sad too cuz I was such a huge fan (even bought her perfume :wtf:

ryanripley
32 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

How do you know? I’m not defending Melanie but no one knows what’s the truth just yet nor might we ever. I would just hate to think that this accusation has been made up because the damage has been done. 

because melanie only said she never said no, not that she gave consent

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

If Timothy said no then Melanie was wrong and it was rape. But if she never said no like Melanie stated then I’m sorry I just can’t see it as rape even if Timothy didn’t want to have sex with her. If she never said no how would Melanie know she didn’t want to do it? Sex never starts with “do you wanna have sex with me?”. Someone just makes a move and if the other person agrees to it then they gave the consent. They were friends, was Melanie her boss or anything? 

We’re getting to a point where we have to sign a contract of consent before having sex with someone.

KingRedd
14 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

Exactly.

At first I wanted to stay unbiased as with the other exposés going on, but here (along with Harvey) is when I side with the victim.

This is disgusting. You could still say yes to something and not be in consent.

Melanie is over for me. So sad too cuz I was such a huge fan (even bought her perfume :wtf:

You can say yes but not be in consent? So if someone says, “ you want to have sex” and the other says, “yes” they can still claim rape? I don’t think that’s how it should work it’s getting a little out of hand. If two people say yes let’s have sex than that’s the end of it. Unless one says stop during the sex then you have a case. 

May I Read You? 😎

codymonster
3 hours ago, Bebe said:

Timothy said she repeatedly said no:

"I never said yes, I said no repeatedly... I lay still in shock completely not reciprocating... She performed oral sex on me and then I was penetrated by a sex toy without being asked"

For two nights straight Timothy rejected all of her advances, she gave no indication that she consented. She was high, she was exhausted and like many rape victims it seems like she was somewhat paralyzed in shock once things continued to escalate (something reported by 70% of women who have been sexually assaulted).

I'm sure in Melanie's head she thought they were just fooling around, but that's no excuse for not getting some form of explicit consent. Timothy constantly saying no, lying still, not once affirming that she wanted it and not reciprocating is not an indication of consent at all. Timothy didn't "go along with it" just because she didn't physically fight her off. She describes lying there just wanting it all to be over, that's not indicative of fooling around in the moment and later having regrets, that's indicative of her not wanting what is happening to her at the moment.

I've had sexual experiences that, I wouldn't say I regret, but that I didn't enjoy. I've had moments where I'm like "I'm not super into this, but I'm okay with it happening"  I can not be enthused about doing some sexual act, but still consent to trying it or doing it - that doesn't seem to be what happened here. Timothy was not into it and didn't want it to happen.

Timothy repeatedly said no, Melanie persisted and eventually grew bolder and continued to escalate her touching without ever receiving any affirmation from Timothy that she was enjoying it or consented.

This is why sexual education is so important, and why discussions around consent need to be a part of such an education.

Oh for sure, and if that is true, then Melanie is DEFINITELY in the wrong. However, not by the way she later described being passive, I wonder if maybe she is exaggerating how much she said no and if instead she said it in a “no, we shouldn’t do this” way and then gave into the feelings quickly, making it seem like a flirty kind of dangerous thing for both of them. 

Im just pointing out a different point of view; ive been in situations with exes where I’ve said no (very passively), they’ve continued, but then I just let it happen. I WISH it wouldn’t have happened after, but I know that I let it happen and didn’t really stop it. It’s more like a “****, why did I sleep with my ex again” way. I regret it, but they definitely didn’t rape me. I’m curious in whether this is more what the situation was like?

Archived