celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

This is quite a story. I'm completely torn on the matter because both sides seem to be saying very different things. Is one person lying/exaggerating? Are they both lying/exaggerating? I like Melanie's music, so I know that this is causing me to naturally possess somewhat of a bias but it's not like I was the biggest fan of her personality, so it's not like it would all be a complete loss. The timing of all this is a bit suspect, it's coming out when her next album isn't far away, as if it hopes to make attention in a big way. But that doesn't have to necessarily mean anything at the same time. I'll keep an open mind on it until more comes out. It sounds complicated at the moment and is best worked out between them and in court. For the internet to play judge, jury and executioner isn't right when there's no evidence and there's contradictions from both parties present.

What I do want to add, though, is...has the word "no" got to be said? While I've never been in such situations myself, I've been acting it out and my first reaction is to say something along the lines of "I don't want to do that," or "I'm not into that," or "I don't like you in that way." But it wasn't natural for me to actually say "no." I'd perhaps only start to say that if they began physically forcing themselves on me. But surely, all the other sentences are a longer equivalent of saying no? Just a longer way of saying it. And it works in reverse too. Using yes and no wouldn't be my natural inclination when it comes to sex, rather it would be all about eye contact, mutually returning any subtle bits of intimacy, saying "I want you," stuff like that. I know I'm inexperienced, but surely people don't say to someone "do you want to have sex?" and they reply "yes" or "no"? Or am I just being very naive? My point is, is asking for consent outright really necessary? And is giving a direct yes or no response just as necessary? It all seems a bit unnatural and robotic and I doubt most people's first times are that straightforward. But that doesn't make them rape.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I genuinely just want to get a consensus on some difficult questions.

I feel like most people if they weren't into someone making an advance would say "no" but the word literally isn't the point, it's the message you're conveying. No one asks do you want to have sex unless it's on Grindr or whatever lol. But in a physical situation, a lot of these things are unspoken. If you sit there rubbing someones leg and reach up to grab their crotch and they push your hand away without a single word spoken, then they are not giving consent. If they don't show any kind of reciprocation to any sexual act or motion then there's no consent. Idk why you're focusing so much on the word "yes" or "no" as if they are magic spells or something, it's just a shorthand way of recounting a situation.

"Asking for consent" is not really realistic in terms of saying "do you consent to having sex with me?", but you certainly need to receive consent. Whether it is in the form of someone matching your sexual come-on with another or any other kind of dialogue where both people are clearly up for it.

TheJoanneJoker

Gaga f*cked me with a d*ild* against my will

don't you even dare to say that i'm lying

i said that i'm a victim of sexual assault so i definetly am, your point is invalid

this is how stupid the situation and your reaction to it are

TheJoanneJoker

you should honestly BE ASHAMED and think about what you've done at the end of the day.

miserable thing what some of you just did.

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, Beytwice said:

Gaga f*cked me with a d*ild* against my will

don't you even dare to say that i'm lying

i said that i'm a victim of sexual assault so i definetly am, your point is invalid

this is how stupid the situation and your reaction to it are

Your analogy is so flawed, it’s ridiculous :toofunny: 

TheJoanneJoker
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

Your analogy is so flawed, it’s ridiculous :toofunny: 

read my other comments about this

i'm really mad right now. this situation is screwed up. how the hell do you know that she simply ain't no lying bitch ? you are getting a human being to the ground based on WORDS. are you nuts?

how can you feel good about everything you do right now?

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Beytwice said:

you should honestly BE ASHAMED and think about what you've done at the end of the day.

miserable thing what some of you just did.

You mean taking both sides into consideration, looking at what both parties have said, and making a conclusion based on the given information is “miserable” and we should be ashamed? What the **** are you on, because that’s exactly how things work. You take the given information and form an opinion based on the said information. 

It’s really not that hard to understand why so many people are taking Timothy’s side :toofunny:

TheJoanneJoker
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

You mean taking both sides into consideration, looking at what both parties have said, and making a conclusion based on the given information is “miserable” and we should be ashamed? What the **** are you on, because that’s exactly how things work. You take the given information and form an opinion based on the said information. 

It’s really not that hard to understand why so many people are taking Timothy’s side :toofunny:

no. i'm talking about the people who rushed to twitter to ****ing take her down

ALGAYDO
Just now, Beytwice said:

no. i'm talking about the people who rushed to twitter to ****ing take her down

2 minutes ago, Beytwice said:

read my other comments about this

i'm really mad right now. this situation is screwed up. how the hell do you know that she simply ain't no lying bitch ? you are getting a human being to the ground based on WORDS. are you nuts?

how can you feel good about everything you do right now?

No, it seems to me like an artists that you enjoyed got exposed doing something shitty, and now you’re upset that the majority of people are taking a certain side.

And yeah, we are going to form opinions based on words because that’s literally the only form of information we’re going to be getting regarding this incident. 

Also, nice one calling the alleged victim a “lying bitch.” I bet that’s gonna really help your (and Melanie’s) case. 

No receipts, no facts. Until proven otherwise she's just one more attention wh**e in the world. Let's all listen to cry baby.mp3 :lolly:

TheJoanneJoker
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

No, it seems to me like an artists that you enjoyed got exposed doing something shitty, and now you’re upset that the majority of people are taking a certain side.

And yeah, we are going to form opinions based on words because that’s literally the only form of information we’re going to be getting regarding this incident. 

Also, nice one calling the alleged victim a “lying bitch.” I bet that’s gonna really help your (and Melanie’s) case. 

getting exposed by a tweet sent by a girl who was her ex-bestfriend and also happens to be a new artist that sadly didn't have the same success as her friend, so after breaking any kind of connection with her famous friend, drops a song on spotify right before claiming to have been raped by her ex bestfriend

and by the way, that's only a letter - everybody can do that ****

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Rexx said:

No receipts, no facts. Until proven otherwise she's just one more attention wh**e in the world. Let's all listen to cry baby.mp3 :lolly:

Thank you for contributing to rape culture :hug:

TheJoanneJoker

GpjoLKn.jpg seems like dressing like your rapist is the new thing. 'til proof surfaces online, imma call her a freaking attention *****. I will apologize for saying this when there is evidence that melanie raped her. til then, she is a ****ing attention ***** and you're a bunch of sheep

31 minutes ago, Beytwice said:

GpjoLKn.jpg seems like dressing like your rapist is the new thing. 'til proof surfaces online, imma call her a freaking attention *****. I will apologize for saying this when there is evidence that melanie raped her. til then, she is a ****ing attention ***** and you're a bunch of sheep

Clearly you're a fan and you're upset by this news considering your frantic, barely-coherent and profanity fuelled posts. That screenshot is dumb as hell... For one, Timothy stated in her post that she didn't understand the extent of what had happened to her in that experience. So we don't know how recently she came to accept the fact that she was abused by someone she loved (and still claims to love).

Secondly - what evidence do you require? How do you prove a sexual assault? It's dicey ground to tread on but using such aggressive language towards someone speaking out, e.g. "attention seeking *****" is vile and contributes to rape culture. This is why victims are so scared to speak out and either never do or take years to talk about it. You can't express your feelings in a more eloquent, intelligent and calm way? You're criticising people for being sheep and going along with anything but you're being the most irrational in this thread so far. If you're going to respond to me with a load of swear words and anger don't even bother because you'll just prove me right.

Thirdly, Melanie has literally admitted in her response that this encounter happened! Her attempt at justifying it was - quote - "she never said no". Everyone would all scoff at that response if it came from a man and take it as an admission, so why aren't we doing it with her? Because she's a pop girl that you like? What more evidence is needed when both sides agree on what happened, and neither of them indicate that there was any consent on the part of Timothy?

Please let me know how coming to this conclusion - or at least considering it - after Melanie's response makes us "sheep"?

Archived