💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s Public Image

Hyperballad

Featured Posts

RochestrMonstr

Lady Gaga's image is fine, at least over here in the United States.  She's been on an upward climb since C2C. She has more respect than she has ever had, mainly because people know how talented she is.  She's still selling out stadiums, she's still trying new projects, and she can still get a song played on the radio.  Oh and she's getting nominated for Grammys.  

She doesn't put out one basic pop-radio smash after another, but she's more than just a pop star. She's an all-around performer, and making pop music is just part of what she does. 

If people want her to have a career more like Taylor Swift, I don't know why they would even be Lady Gaga fans in the first place, because Taylor and Gaga's careers are as different as night and day.  All Taylor does is make radio-friendly pop music. That's it. If that's what Gaga wanted to do, she would, but I can't imagine her being anywhere near as fascinating in that case.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarcusBones

I think we shouldn't care what the GP thinks as long as we've got Gaga.

IMO, she has proven herself and will go down as one of the greats. She already has the critical acclaim and everyone knows who she is. 

It honestly makes me sad when I see you guys speak about it in such a negative light...Just enjoy the gift we're given.

6 hours ago, giskardsb said:

Everybody knows who she is and how broad her talent extends.  And by "everybody" I don't just mean pop fans, I mean a much broader demographic.   Gaga stans here tend to forget that people exist over 25 years old.   Gaga could easily do a  theatre tour of jazz covers of her material and other songs at a minimum ticket price of $200 and she'd sell out in a heartbeat, and it wouldn't be the usual Gaga fans buying the tickets.

She is well set up for a long and varied career.

I watched 5f2 again and was struck by her statement (paraphrased) "I want to grow as a woman in this industry, not a girl.   You become famous at 21 and people stop growing."

Gaga's traditional fans may not want her to grow up, but she has a broader fanbase now that is more than happy to let her do so.

Totally agree with this.

I live outside the space time continuum.

So happy she is so diverse.  She fills arenas with her pop, had a successful jazz era, sang some show music, some metal, a little country, and some tributes.  The key is, everything was excellently done.  She excels at everything she does, and the public is beginning to see that.  Her career can go as far as she wants, and at this point she can chose any musical path she wants.  I think she will stay multi-genre.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Original Diva
7 hours ago, Lord Ryry said:

Million reasons was only big in America:(

AND AUSTRALIA

excuse me no

Lady Adga
7 hours ago, Antonoff said:

People respect her but still don't care about ha imo

Not everyone

kceRuXf.png:madge:

UK: "oh yea what happened to lady gaga? I  havent heard of her since telephone" 

I thought The Cure did decently there. Nothing astronomically amazing, but not a huge flop either. Also, whoever said that missed BTW??

LordEnigma

Sorry my entire GP survey hasn't been released yet. 

My point is that no one i've experienced knows it gaga, and why would they? 0 promo, and it's not even part of her album? the forum is asking for our view and I gave mine.

Everyone I know, knows it’s Gaga so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reality

I definitely think that she's been able to get more respect—especially from older people—but I think that people are indifferent towards her. She isn't Selena, or Taylor, or Ariana, or any other young female singer, and while in some ways that's a good thing, it can also be a bad thing as well. 

On one hand, she is Lady Gaga. She's the one and only and I think at this moment in her career, she's able to get a lot of respect. That being said, she just isn't as "relatable" or "cool" like some of the younger singers. Gaga has said this herself: she's an old soul in a young body, and I believe that this really shows in her music. C2C is certainly a mature piece of work, and so is Joanne. 

She's able to get a lot of hype, but she isn't able to sustain it for that very long, and that's why even though she's respected, people don't really seem to care. You may say "Oh, well look at all the arenas and stadiums she's selling out," but you also have to remember that the vast majority of those tickets were sold after the Super Bowl. Of course she's going to get a lot of attendees; she used her opportunity to capitalize on it. 

She's in that weird category where people want to group her in with people like Selena, Taylor, Ariana, Rihanna, etc., but they see her in her own lane—which is a good thing. Gaga is vastly different compared to her contemporaries, and I think that's why she's also been able to get a lot of respect. 

I think that—if she wants to—she can be at the top of the pack again. If LG6 is a much more dance/synth/electronic-pop record (like the ones that she's known for), I believe that people will come back due to the nostalgia. They'll be like, "Oh my gosh, I remember listening to 'this type' of Gaga music back in middle/high school!" 

🃏🖤👹

well...

all my friends give me a look when I talk about her and I'm like... why?

They're like 'she's the meat dress lady'

:selena:

and i'm like.... 'she is so much more' and they give me this: :trollga:

and i get to this point: :fthis:

Edonis

She’s gained a ton of respect in the past few years. Most people recognize her talents and know that she is one of the most unique artists of this generation. That being said, if she wants to maintain commericial relevancy, new music that can keep the interest of her new and older fans is a must. It’s obviously her career and her decision at the end of the day, but if she wants to carry on with massive and successful tours and constant praise and adoration, she has to stay relevant with her newer projects. Essentially, to secure her relevancy and her place as a musical legend. Super Bowl effects don’t last forever. 

But i have full faith in her and her capabilities. She can do it if she really wants it. And as of lately, all signs point to her wanting it :) 

5 hours ago, Louvre said:

I think the public is waiting for Gaga to have a big comeback. For example, Rihanna and Beyoncé are so omnipresent. It's also difficult for Gaga to catch up to her past success. I think most people still remember her Fame Monster image the most and still have a rather psotive image of Gaga.

Agreed. They were ready with ARTPOP (when Applause was released just before **** hit the fan), they were ready before PI then that song wasn't exactly what they wanted, but she did some good performances and MR and the SuperBowl helped. I really don't think people want her to fail. They know she can make some really interesting music. It just needs to be something that's a newly emerging trend. Bey did that with the self titled and Lemonade, and Rihanna consistently does that (for mainstream radio) and she's just Rihanna and has oodles of hits at this point.

People think it's weird that she didn't do some massive world promotion for Joanne, but it's obvious why. The album doesn't *really* appeal to a global audience. The bulk of it is very American. I think Interscope and Live Nation wanted to first garner her some good will in her home market first and then focus globally. You can't build a house if you don't have a foundation and the North American market is that foundation.

theahsfan

I think most of the GP either see her as a has-been legend or an artist who pops up now and again trying to stay relevant. I hate to say it, but she hasn't had an organic hit since 2013, discounting Million Reasons which had a huge promo platform and she's kinda stopped with all the crazy costumes which makes her seem like more of a fad in my honest opinion. If ARTPOP didn't "flop" by her standards and she sailed smoothly into her next big pop era, things would've been different and she would probably now be seen as more a legend who's also relevant.  

giskardsb

I was struck again in my seats in Houston by the diversity of Gaga’s fan base. What’s cool is she draws from everyone, and is obviously pulling from a more adult oriented fanbase. While Katy and Taylor keep working for that preteen base, Gaga is not afraid of growing up.  She’s a better artist because if it even if it hurts her on radio. 

Stan Is My Name
8 hours ago, Merman said:

In my country most of the gays hate Joanne. :toofunny: IDIOTS.

call the gay police and have them revoke their gay cards 

Haroon is coming to kill me D:

Archived