Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

When you first heard Born This Way(S)

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Fun fact: When I read ''Born this Way(s)'' I thought it's about the tracks of the album, instead of the titletrack which is like the opposite.  :neyde:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luzaleja

I wasn't a stan then but I still listened to it the whole day :gaycat:

I was coming to terms w me liking girls. I still didn't become a stan :interestinga:, but here I am now :firega:

DiscoHeaven23

When I first heard Born This Way (the song) I was a freshman in college. i remember waking up that morning and listening to it and saying to my roommate "It's got such a Madonna feel to it, I love it." :selena:

LaLuna

My first thought was "Is that it? Okay..."

It took a few listens for it to really grow on me 

giphy.gif

Honestly, I thought it sounded identical to something Madonna would’ve done lol :sweat: I did love it though! But I also love Madonna 

holy scheisse
27 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

When I first heard Born this Way, it was streamed of Gaga's official website - I woke up early to listen to it, but I had to go to class too, and that was a bummer, cuz I didn't know how to get the song onto my mp3 player (we used those back then :bon:)... BUT the gracious Hunty Gods blessed the UK with a snowy weather so the class got cancelled - I promptly came back home and listened to it all day :tony:

Thank you, Hunty Gods, for always looking out for me :pray:

You mean Satan/Lucifer/Lucy/The Devil Him/Herself? :bon:

Spoiler

gaga-satan.jpg

giphy.gif

lady-gaga-baphomet.jpg

ladygaga-costumes.jpg?w=569

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWPaM6xozyeiZNGwKJYtx

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEMv7Dduos3tAzhmfpWJ3

GPSSIGNALLOST

... I fully embraced my homosexuality and ended my inner battle of trying to take it down. Because I'm what? Born this way. :derpga:

(I'm so bad at puns, ... :poot: )

But honestly, Gaga's songs really helped me develop the self-esteem I needed to be proud of my homosexuality and no longer ashamed or opressed because of what other people dragged me to be. :madge:

GypsyBabe

I don't remember when I first heard the song :sweat:

I have a vivid memory of the video though. The beginning and then the placenta slime grossed me out so badly and still does. I've probably seen the video 4 times fully. 

⚯͛

Duella Dvil

I sobbed, staring into www.ladygaga.com and felt real. I felt valid. I came out the month before the VMA meat dress thing and had received a lot of backlash. So when it finally graced my ears after that wait (August to February was traumatic) I just felt so real and like I meant something to myself and everyone.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Anderson123

I remember waking up at 5:30 am because it was going to premiere at this radio station but I downloaded it from some Gaga website, I think it was GGD so I uploaded it to Facebook and tagged like 10 friends that we were all hyped to know what the new single would sound like. Some of them loved it, some others thought it sounded way too commercial or generic and I didn't really know what to feel, I expected something bigger like Bad Romance. Of course the song grew on me so much that I love it now, especially with the music video and how it has aged and how important it is to Gaga's career.

The thing that I remember is Gaga saying that the lead single was the marijuana to the heroin of the album and I DO agree with that. BTW (the song) is great, but the rest of the album is on another level.

RAMROD

I had intense eargasm.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_aqeer0caqfk8

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lanadelduck

My first thought was "Is that it? Okay THIS IS SO WEIRD

It took a few listens for it to really grow on me 

SAME...

then was obsessed and still am. 

RochestrMonstr

I knew the song was coming out and my local station was going to play it every hour on the hour. Of course my speaker in my apartment was broken, and I didn't have an iPhone yet, so I literally went and sat out in my car at 2 PM just to listen to it.  

I loved it, but I did not realize what an iconic anthem it would become. I had been out of the closet for years at that point, but for some reason the meaning of the song never really set in when it first came out.  

Archived