Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Star Is Born needs to compete with this film :rip:

Bradley

Featured Posts

RAMROD
1 hour ago, JR Gg said:

The trailer >> movie itself. Critics label it crap and the boxscores flop. JL also had a lot of hype when the trailer was released so... :hor:

LMAO you cannot compare The Avengers to Justice League.

MCU films have always been blockbuster, because they know how to do it. Plus, Disney know which steps to take. They are not only want to selling movies here, but also making sure they will get revenues on merchandises and attractions at their theme parks around the world for years to come hence MCU films are the kind of movies that people can watch over and over.

Two of Avengers films that been made so far are on Top 10 most highest grossing of all time. (Avengers at #5 with $1,518,812,988 and Avengers Age Of Ultron at #7 with $1,405,403,694 respectively)

And if you wanna ask why, the answers are: 1.) Nerds, legions of them and 2.) China, also legions of them. And also second biggest market for Hollywood films after USA themselves nbd.

And especially for the next Avengers movie, it is very important and monumental films for all nerds, because they have waited for these culmination films for 10 years since the first MCU film from Phase 1  (Iron-Man) started in 2008. I am 100% sure it will hit another billions of dollars on box office worldwide. 

Another reason: ASIB is rated R, meaning it autimatically eliminates certain age group of costumers from ever seeing ASIB in the cinema which means box office gross cut.

Honestly, your confidence is cute but we must be realistic here. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

LMAO you cannot compare The Avengers to Justice League.

MCU films have always been blockbuster, because they know how to do it. Plus, Disney know which steps to take. They are not only want to selling movies here, but also making sure they will get revenues on merchandises and attractions at their theme parks around the world for years to come hence MCU films are the kind of movies that people can watch over and over.

Two of Avengers films that been made so far are on Top 10 most highest grossing of all time. (Avengers at #5 with $1,518,812,988 and Avengers Age Of Ultron at #7 with $1,405,403,694 respectively)

And if you wanna ask why, the answers are: 1.) Nerds, legions of them and 2.) China, also legions of them. And also second biggest market for Hollywood films after USA themselves nbd.

And especially for the next Avengers movie, it is very important and monumental films for all nerds, because they have waited for these culmination films for 10 years since the first MCU film from Phase 1  (Iron-Man) started in 2008. I am 100% sure it will hit another billions of dollars on box office worldwide. 

Another reason: ASIB is rated R, meaning it autimatically eliminates certain age group of costumers from ever seeing ASIB in the cinema which means box office gross cut.

Honestly, your confidence is cute but we must be realistic here. 

You guys need to stop quoting me. I said 'may' lol. Not 'will'. Learn some English. There's a minute possibility, that's all. :madge:

Andrew2512

1 hour ago, Robinladen said:

30M is just the budget to make the film, with all extra costs they'd probably need to earn around 60M-90M to be break-even. just basing that number on what I read about other films in articles. with a box office off 50M, I doubt they would have made profit.

Are you sure it has that high budget ?

Robinladen
6 minutes ago, Andrew2512 said:

Are you sure it has that high budget ?

I thought I read that, but now I googled it and couldn't find anything so I assume I must have been mixing different movies up. Sorry.

nattuggla
4 hours ago, Robinladen said:

I thought I read that, but now I googled it and couldn't find anything so I assume I must have been mixing different movies up. Sorry.

What is your guess about the budget? 

I checked ASIB 1976 and it had a budget of 6M $. I guess this movie will have a budget of about 10-20 M $.

4 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

No film next year will be able to compete with The Avengers :toofunny:

Solo: A Star Wara Story will be the only competition in terms of box office 

The House

They put ASIB between Avengers and the Han Solo Star Wars movie. :rip: They clearly don't have faith on the project and they want to bury it. That's the studios intention. 

Let's be real here, y'all. 

Tom Nook

If we are going to be realistic ASiB will probably not debut number 1 at the box office. This is Infinity War all the marvel movies has come down to this moment even if the ASiB attracts the other demographics it probably won’t meet the match of the GP Infinity War has in its grasp. :smh: Plus it’s Rated R so you kinda losing a part of the demographic especially. I think it’s going to debut at 2 with Marvel scoring high with the box office again. And then go down to 3 or 4 when Solo is released. But I couldn’t care less if it’s not a box office smash as long as that freshness of rotten tomatoes is high :madge:  

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Fascination
13 hours ago, Bradley said:

It has the potential to at least do as well as Silver Linings Playbook. Potential.

Silver Linings Playbook was so good so I hope it has that kind of success.

Bradley
11 hours ago, Darrel said:

They put ASIB between Avengers and the Han Solo Star Wars movie. :rip: They clearly don't have faith on the project and they want to bury it. That's the studios intention. 

Let's be real here, y'all. 

I think quite the contrary, this must be some strategic manoeuvre we don't understand, they wouldn't have allowed the project to go on if they had no faith in it.

Let's wait until promotion for the movie rolls in.

Bradley
6 hours ago, malazam said:

Poor ASIB. It's already ended.

Let's not jump the gun and wait for actual results.

Bradley
11 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

If we are going to be realistic ASiB will probably not debut number 1 at the box office. This is Infinity War all the marvel movies has come down to this moment even if the ASiB attracts the other demographics it probably won’t meet the match of the GP Infinity War has in its grasp. :smh: Plus it’s Rated R so you kinda losing a part of the demographic especially. I think it’s going to debut at 2 with Marvel scoring high with the box office again. And then go down to 3 or 4 when Solo is released. But I couldn’t care less if it’s not a box office smash as long as that freshness of rotten tomatoes is high :madge:  

Avengers is released weeks before A Star Is Born. Let's hope A Star Is Born receives heavy promotion some time in the future.

Tom Nook
Just now, Bradley said:

Avengers is released weeks before A Star Is Born. Let's hope A Star Is Born receives heavy promotion some time in the future.

Technically it’s only two but I hope bobby pulls through :selena:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Archived