Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

What happened to Katy Perry?

Solitaiire

Featured Posts

Solitaiire
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

I feel like there must be some sort of battle between Perry and her label, or perhaps she just has trouble committing to a vision that is a bit of a departure from her earlier pop. Regardless, Witness, despite certain downfalls, remains her most interesting work in my opinion. It was her attempt to have a cohesive, experimental album. And for that alone, I find it a little more fun than most of her work. Witness, Roulette, Deja Vu, Power, Chained to the Rhythm,  Save as Draft and Pendulum are all good songs. Bon Apettit and Swish Swish are fun, guilty pleasures. It had promise, it just wasn't executed well. 

I will say that I found the livestream interesting though...

Yeah I feel the same way. Witness is a good album and I prefer it over her previous ones, but the era was just not well executed at all to the point that it makes me believe her label is trying to damage her image.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopBitch
6 minutes ago, Solitaiire said:

whatever u say madge xoxo bxtch!

Madge has put out her fair share of horrible songs the last few albums also.  I admit it.

She'll be back.  She's Katy***ingPerry, ffs.  Of course she'll be back.

I live outside the space time continuum.

5 hours ago, theahsfan said:

You talk like these small things (the Britney comment etc) and even supporting Hillary are gonna make the GP and Trump supporters go "Nope, I'm not buying this song because she did/said X". They don't think like that, just like gay people may be into Migos' music although they've been homophobic in the past. Trump supporters will still buy Katy's music if they enjoy her voice. So her material will flop if the GP dislikes the sound, not because of a small comment she made here and there, or if she supported Hillary.

Sure the sound plays a big part for GP and for me CTTR is the closest of Katy's past sounds, thats why it was played.

But actually the GP cares about stuff like I mentioned. ARTPOP didn't sold bad and the Album is great. Even right now (after 4 Years) ARTPOP is in the iTunes Top50 of 28 Countries (For comparison: Joanne is in one country - and it is one Year old).

So all the bad press Gaga had, made the GP believe it's her worst Album and a flop, but look at the numbers of ARTPOP and Joanne. And after Joanne and Superbowl, Gagas reputation is the best in years.

I'm just saying, Katy's reputation is the worst in her career after Witness, and that is the main cause of her failure. The GP want the blackwig-Katy with mediocre pop-songs, not a blonde butch katy with experimental witness sound and a cringey appearance...

TeenIdle
6 hours ago, sipthistea said:

What r u talking about?

Here's the real TEA:

- CTTR was a very successful single, and was #4 on the Hot 100. (Not everyone has that to their credit)

-Bon Appétit is Iconic. It was #1 in France

- Swish Swish was a viral success

- Witness was #1 on BB200

- The Tour is a success

-She had a successful documentary about her successful life at the Witness World Wide House 

- She is successful. 

That's either sarcasm or pure delusion

Naor Daniel

Easy.

CTTR was underwhelming to begin with - a weak lead single destroys expectations.

followed by a terrible haircut (are wigs dead?) that distracted her from the star everybody knows - made her extremely uncool.

Then there’s terrible statements, Bad single choices. Twitter 2017 is way more aware of what people say and people realized she’s very goofy and clumsy, she always has been but only this year people saw it.

and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the album is TERRIBLE, the artwork is disgusting and the songs are extremely stale.

she literally chose Hey Hey Hey as a single and it’s worse than the other singles. It just sucks.

she will never rise to stardom again because it seems like she (and her team) just don’t get it. She doesn’t have crazy vocals to back her up, she’s over.

watch because Taylor Swift is next. She’s as cringing and can’t sing, and reputation is quite bad. 

DiscoStyx

I personally really like the singles of Witness.

And I don't think she should care about what "straight men" think of her haircut. She does wtf she wants.

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

brit4ever
7 hours ago, sipthistea said:

What r u talking about?

Here's the real TEA:

- CTTR was a very successful single, and was #4 on the Hot 100. (Not everyone has that to their credit)

-Bon Appétit is Iconic. It was #1 in France

- Swish Swish was a viral success

- Witness was #1 on BB200

- The Tour is a success

-She had a successful documentary about her successful life at the Witness World Wide House 

- She is successful. 

-CTTR literaly flopped next to Roar for example and it spent only 2 days in the Top 10 of The Hot 100

-Calling Bon Appetit iconic is dellusional af and you have to be 12 years old to think so(Perfect Illusion was also #1 in France but it's a forgotten flop)

-Swish Swish went viral for all the wrong reasons and it made Katy look like a clown, if anything it destroyed what was left of her immage as a former pop-superstar

-The Tour is surely successful with it's $10-20 dollar tickets. :ladyhaha: 

-Witness was number one with the ticket bundle and next week it dropped to what, #16? Also it has the biggest drop in sales for an album like ever(probably behind one Kanye album, or something, but still)

-WWWH was desperate and boring, people didn't liked it

-She is a flop and you are dellulu. :gaycat: 

I guess she's too old as a female pop that's still trying like she was younger. She's trying to recycle her success but with a twist of more electronic  materials, not unlike how Gaga changed her genre. Katy materials also need to mature together with her age. It looks weird for a 32 years old lady doing those musics. A good example would be Gaga. Imagine her doing Poker Face esque music video at this age.

Archived