💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga was snubbed in the Big 4 cuz....

ZiggyZiggs

Featured Posts

ZiggyZiggs

Joanne and MR were released over a year ago. Everybody who predicted MR for SOTY, also noted that the only reason for a snub would be cuz the song is old af. Even though it was performed at the SB, it was months and months ago. Gaga should stop releasing stuff so early in the eligibility period imo. Unless it's a MASSIVE ALBUM/ Song, it wont be nominated for the Big 4. I'm disappointed cuz MR is Grammy bait, the song was promoted everywhere, and its basically the kind the Academy likes to nominate. idk what happened. the GP forgot about it I guess. I really hope there's an MR-type song on her next project. she honestly deserves to win at least one of the BIG 4

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. It was snubbed because the Blue Ribbon Committee decided to diversify the nominations aka. preventing backlash of #GrammysTooWhite. They knew pop singers, will receive the most votes in the second voting round, where they cannot control the votes, especially ballads that are Grammy-bait and hugely popular songs from basic singers. Thus, they decided to just shut them out in the first round when they have the chance. It's a conspiracy :neyde:

ryanripley

i'm just glad she has 2 noms and hopefully a grammy to end the era

a big 4 nom/win would be wonderful for LG6 though, i never expected a big 4 for joanne

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

IAmNotHere1997

I love how, at CBS, before announcing the nominees for SOTY, they said it's 'the songwriter award', and the first song was Destrashito :emma:

surejan

what has the age of the song have to do with anything lol? 24k magic was released before mr i think and its nominated

Ryusei
4 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

No. It was snubbed because the Blue Ribbon Committee decided to diversify the nominations aka. preventing backlash of #GrammysTooWhite. They knew pop singers, will receive the most votes in the second voting round, where they cannot control the votes, especially ballads that are Grammy-bait and hugely popular songs from basic singers. Thus, they decided to just shut them out in the first round when they have the chance. It's a conspiracy :neyde:

This tbh They're too worried about backlash (why?) and now they just make the nominations to please everyone. Altho there are only 2 women (?) nominated so now #grammysSoSexist is gonna come? lol 

Musery

Tom Nook

Poker Face was nominated for SOTY and ROTY but did not win and Bad Romance wasn’t even nominated for either :shrug: both 24K Magic and Redbone was also released in 2016 so I don’t think it necessarily has to do with age of the song. 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

ZiggyZiggs
4 minutes ago, surejan said:

what has the age of the song have to do with anything lol? 24k magic was released before mr i think and its nominated

lmao gurl wyd it has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT. Unless a song is HUGELY POPULAR (BRUNO), it's very unlikely for it to get nominated. a song has to be fresh on the minds of the voters lmao. and I didnt make this up, o a few of the experts said it :air: 

ZiggyZiggs
Just now, Gardevoir said:

Poker Face was nominated for SOTY and ROTY but did not win and Bad Romance wasn’t even nominated for either :shrug: both 24K Magic and Redbone was also released in 2016 so I don’t think it necessarily has to do with age of the song. 

^

Redbone only started getting traction this year tho. and 24 K magic was HUGE, literally everyone knew it. MR? not so much

The Grammys are no longer prestigious nor reflect quality music as they once did. I’m not sure why fans still freak out about them. 

DelusionalGaga

I think that's what also happened to The Weeknd. Starboy was a big deal back then but it's been simply too long since the release 

surejan
4 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

lmao gurl wyd it has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT. Unless a song is HUGELY POPULAR (BRUNO), it's very unlikely for it to get nominated. a song has to be fresh on the minds of the voters lmao. and I didnt make this up, o a few of the experts said it :air: 

but million reasons was more popular than 24k magic lol?

5 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

This tbh They're too worried about backlash (why?) and now they just make the nominations to please everyone. Altho there are only 2 women (?) nominated so now #grammysSoSexist is gonna come? lol 

Backlash of #OscarsTooWhite and Beyonce being snubbed last year. Adele gave a whole speech which made it worse. The women are specifically placed there to prevent all male nominees. Lorde wasn't even voted into Pop Vocal Album and Pop Solo. It was obvious the BRC strategically placed her there. She deserved tho. :gaycat:

bloody g

It's because the song was never big enough, neither gathered all the critic acclaim it deserved

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived